Students

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2018 Admissions

May 11, 2018
16 posts
3 upvotes
Does anyone know, how many people they put waitlisted, how many they going to take?
May 15, 2018
24 posts
14 upvotes
AbedaS54764 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 7:41 am
Does anyone know, how many people they put waitlisted, how many they going to take?
It's my understanding that everyone who got an interview and didn't get in is waitlisted.

"Applicants will be re-ranked after the results of the MMI are incorporated. Offers of Admission will be sent out in mid-May to top ranked candidates. All other candidates will be placed on a wait list."

Thats from the admissions website.
Apr 30, 2018
3 posts
Has anyone who's been accepted received an email/mail giving you additional information? My original acceptance letter said they would send info regarding next steps "after June 1" and I'm starting to get antsy
May 11, 2017
70 posts
27 upvotes
EllenS1825 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 7:55 pm
Has anyone who's been accepted received an email/mail giving you additional information? My original acceptance letter said they would send info regarding next steps "after June 1" and I'm starting to get antsy
I know! I haven’t gotten any more info yet either
Feb 28, 2018
32 posts
16 upvotes
While waiting for my acceptance for Respiratory therapy (🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻).. I’d like to know some insights or opinions.

I have an acceptance for nursing school, but my first choice was michere’s RT. However, I’ve been hearing horror stories (from new grads, old grads, students) about how job market for RT in Ontario looks like. It sounds like it’s been super saturated for past several years, and pretty hard to get a full time job at hospitals. Some end up in sales for medical machine as there’s no job opening for new grads. OR being sent to Halifax, Edmonton, BC

Now that I’m worried about getting job as RT, I’m kinda torn between just withdrawing myself from waitlist and just sticking to waiting for an acceptance and do it.

Any thoughts?
May 15, 2018
24 posts
14 upvotes
I would say just stick to it and see what the outcome is so you're not always wondering. You can always turn it down if you get in. Idk anything about RT but my family is full of nurses and I know that in nursing, there are job opportunities and there are plenty of routes you can take with it so its really a diverse profession. If the job market is slow for RT and you got into nursing, I would definitely advise you to do that.
Jun 4, 2018
5 posts
Can't speak much about RTs, but as a nurse myself there are tons of jobs everywhere! Even lots of travel nursing opportunities, if you are interested in that. And also nursing jobs are so diverse; there's so many different specialties you can focus on. Tons of my recent nurse grad friends have full time positions within a year of becoming a nurse. So yes, lots of jobs available but being a nurse isn't easy, so make sure you really want to dedicate yourself to patient care :)
May 15, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
Hey guys!

Just got into radiation therapy! Can't wait to meet everyone in September!! Also good luck for those still waiting!
May 14, 2018
6 posts
ah thank you so much for your help!
ksjywa wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 8:05 pm
I don't know about chiropody after but during study it is very intense program and prepare you very well for the job .....

Actually, I heard bad reviews about ultrasound - that it doesn't cover a lot of topics like others colleges (vascular, musculoskeletal., pediatric), they teach only abdominal & obstetrics/ginegocogy , also many students had issues during clinical practice... but it is shorter program...

Although, Michener's reputation is very good generally...
May 10, 2018
11 posts
2 upvotes
sunnybunb wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 9:13 am
While waiting for my acceptance for Respiratory therapy (🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻).. I’d like to know some insights or opinions.

I have an acceptance for nursing school, but my first choice was michere’s RT. However, I’ve been hearing horror stories (from new grads, old grads, students) about how job market for RT in Ontario looks like. It sounds like it’s been super saturated for past several years, and pretty hard to get a full time job at hospitals. Some end up in sales for medical machine as there’s no job opening for new grads. OR being sent to Halifax, Edmonton, BC

Now that I’m worried about getting job as RT, I’m kinda torn between just withdrawing myself from waitlist and just sticking to waiting for an acceptance and do it.

Any thoughts?
I work at a clinic by the Mississauga Trillium Hospital and we get a lot of patients who work at Trillium Hospital. One patient we had recently (in her 40's) is a respiratory therapist there and I asked where she went for school and she said Michener. I asked her how the program for it was and she said it was ok, but that she finds a lot of Michener's grads for respiratory therapy are terribly trained and they no longer hire Michener grads for RT. She said Georgian is probably the best RT program in Ontario. I was really shocked to hear that and don't know how true it is but just keep that in mind if you were planning to work at Trillium Hospitals :/
Apr 10, 2018
23 posts
10 upvotes
Hey everyone.

What do you guys think of the pharmaceutical regulatory affairs and quality operations post-grad program at Seneca? Currently on the waitlist for michener (perfusion and ultrasound), and want second options for this September as I don’t want to waste another whole year...

I have the pre-screening admissions test scheduled at the end of June for this program, bioinformatics, and clinical research.

Any words of wisdom about these programs? All require university degrees as well.
May 15, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
Hey guys,

Just wondering about the textbook list and where people normally buy used textbooks from?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

LittleStitous