Students

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2018 Admissions

May 11, 2016
9 posts
Anyone have information on the MLS program? I'm unsure about my decision at the moment
May 10, 2018
7 posts
Just got an email from them. I'm still on the waitlist for chiropody but I am a "top-ranked candidate" (whatever that means). It says that second round offers have until June 20th to accept and pay their deposit. Then, on June 25th they will be offering more seats to the waitlist people if any open up. I guess all we can do is wait and have some hope! It's annoying how long this process takes :(
May 1, 2018
18 posts
2 upvotes
Sunsh1n3 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 7:09 pm
Anyone hear from CVP today slash still waitlisted?????????
I am on the waitlist. I just heard that the second round of offers has been issued for the program. Next round of offers will be June 25.

Looks like we are outta luck :(
Novick wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 9:53 pm
Dont hold your breath for CVP waitlist. It barely moves if ever.
Do you know what the class size is?
May 1, 2018
18 posts
2 upvotes
I got no idea what a top ranked candidate means. I thought they wouldn't tell us about waitlist positions. Like is top ranked within the top three on the waitlist? I feel like being top 10 or top 5 wouldn't mean much on the waitlist unless you are literally within the top two.
May 10, 2018
7 posts
TrueNorthEast wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:43 am
I got no idea what a top ranked candidate means. I thought they wouldn't tell us about waitlist positions. Like is top ranked within the top three on the waitlist? I feel like being top 10 or top 5 wouldn't mean much on the waitlist unless you are literally within the top two.
That's what I thought. But of course it also states that they can't reveal our spot on the waitlist so I guess we'll never know lol.
Apr 25, 2017
3 posts
Got accepted into ultrasound yesterday but previously accepted respiratory therapy. Will accept ultrasound now, so a spot will open for RT :) good luck everyone
May 1, 2018
18 posts
2 upvotes
LittleStitous wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:56 am
That's what I thought. But of course it also states that they can't reveal our spot on the waitlist so I guess we'll never know lol.
I know micheners suppose to be a great school but I have only ever heard bad things about their administrative admissions personnel and procedures lol
May 15, 2018
13 posts
8 upvotes
TrueNorthEast wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:43 am
I think it depends on what program you applied to. For example MLS list moves pretty fast so even top 5 or 10 may have a shot. I looked at the 2017 thread and there were posts from people who got into MLS in mid July (4th round).
Jun 4, 2018
2 posts
CVP class size is usually 10-12...what I've heard from past students
May 1, 2018
18 posts
2 upvotes
Sunsh1n3 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 11:28 am
CVP class size is usually 10-12...what I've heard from past students
Daaaaaaaaamn. Gotta hope a lot of those people get into med school or something too lmao
May 15, 2018
13 posts
8 upvotes
I also got an email this morning saying I'm a "top-ranked candidate on the waitlist". But what does this mean?!? Did everyone on the waitlist get this email?
May 1, 2018
18 posts
2 upvotes
AnaU41709 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 3:13 pm
I also got an email this morning saying I'm a "top-ranked candidate on the waitlist". But what does this mean?!? Did everyone on the waitlist get this email?
If they called everyone a top ranked candidate lol ...

That'd be something eh? Just keeping everyone just the right amount of hopeful Face With Tears Of Joy!
May 14, 2018
4 posts
Hi, I recently got accepted to chiropody and i'm waiting for ultrasound. I was wondering if you guys could help me out there. Basically, there was this post on a different forum saying how do you think it is a dying field because other provinces like Quebec and Alberta have decided to join the profession in favor of specialized doctors. So I was wondering what peoples opinions or views were on this topic? or even better, if someone from chiropody who recently graduated had any insight? Is it really a field where it's so hard to find jobs that it's not really safe to do it?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)