Students

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2018 Admissions

May 15, 2018
24 posts
14 upvotes
I did the pre-screening admission test at Seneca for Reg Aff and it was suuuuuuper easy so hopefully you're not worrying about it. I would suggest you look into job prospects for all three fields and see where they lie. I myself have gone to Seneca (for biotech) and can't recommend the college enough honestly. The staff and programs are amazing but you don't want to find yourself in a position where you've enjoyed yourself there for 2 years and then have limited job prospects (like I have).

I don't know much about bioinformatics but all my friends that work in Reg Aff have a masters in biotech from UofT so I don't know how competitive a post-grad from Seneca is and what the demand is like. I do see a lot of clinical research jobs (mostly CRAs) on job websites for UHN and other hospitals. Just try to do research about the fields and if you like all three equally, go where the money is.
Mar 6, 2015
321 posts
20 upvotes
AbedaS54764 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 12:08 pm
Nursing is better than RT. In Canada demand is really high.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
May 10, 2018
8 posts
EllenS1825 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 7:55 pm
Has anyone who's been accepted received an email/mail giving you additional information? My original acceptance letter said they would send info regarding next steps "after June 1" and I'm starting to get antsy
Jun 7, 2018
3 posts
Quick questions, does anybody know any high school students who actually completed MLT.... I got in but I don't think i'll make it
May 11, 2017
70 posts
27 upvotes
marcoreus wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 11:52 pm
Quick questions, does anybody know any high school students who actually completed MLT.... I got in but I don't think i'll make it
I know a few who did an MLT course a few years ago and they were right out of high school. They now have full time jobs at hospitals. It is definitely doable, just study hard! Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Mar 6, 2015
321 posts
20 upvotes
NewBrunswicker wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 7:47 am
I know a few who did an MLT course a few years ago and they were right out of high school. They now have full time jobs at hospitals. It is definitely doable, just study hard! Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Do you mean most numbers of MLT students have at least bachelor degrees?
May 15, 2018
24 posts
14 upvotes
cybercavalier wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:06 pm
I personally know 6 MLTs and they all have a BSc. One even has a masters.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2633 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
cybercavalier wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:06 pm
Thats usually the case. Nobody was straight from highschool last year. But there were some with no science background and still managed to do well (in first year).
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Mar 6, 2015
321 posts
20 upvotes
osuman wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 6:16 pm
Thats usually the case. Nobody was straight from highschool last year. But there were some with no science background and still managed to do well (in first year).
Well, the program takes years to be completed. I praise your eloquence about some people doing well in the first year with no science background and would most readers and posters here who are already or going to be Michener MLT students want to graudate with colors? How about the subsequent years that would people with no science background struggle later on?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2633 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
cybercavalier wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 6:48 pm
Well, the program takes years to be completed. I praise your eloquence about some people doing well in the first year with no science background and would most readers and posters here who are already or going to be Michener MLT students want to graudate with colors? How about the subsequent years that would people with no science background struggle later on?
I didnt know that by "mlt students" you meant specifically 2nd year students. I could only tell you information about 1st year because thats what I finished. But as far as I know nobody failed the program, neither from 1st nor 2nd year. I can ask next week to be sure.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Jun 7, 2018
3 posts
Would I make my schedule or will they give me one? Anybody know when they would?
May 11, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
marcoreus wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 9:04 pm
Would I make my schedule or will they give me one? Anybody know when they would?
They give you your schedule
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2633 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
Yeasts wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 4:11 pm
How did you find 1st year? What were your courses like? Do you happen to have a sample schedule I can look at as I plan on doing part-time work while taking full-time studies.
It was good, I really enjoyed it! What I liked the most is that there were no term papers, and the lab reports are basically fill-in results and answer the questions. Have to pay attention to details though, 1 small mistake is like 10% of the mark.
There were many students that worked part-time too. The hardest courses would probably be microbiology and microanatomy simply because they are heavy content wise. The lectures are usually at the beginning of the week followed by practical labs. I don't have my old schedule but it would depend on what group you are in, and its usually 9-4pm. Some groups would have a day where they start and end early, while others start late and end late, ex 9-12 and 12-3pm.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
May 10, 2018
11 posts
2 upvotes
For those who have accepted their offers already, how did you pay the deposit? Were you able to do it online or did you have to pay at the bank?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

LittleStitous