Students

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2018 Admissions

May 10, 2018
13 posts
2 upvotes
I got an email today saying that the chiropody program is now full. My name will still be on the waitlist in the event that another student withdraws their offer but sounds like it's a low chance. It's too bad- they got my hopes up with the whole "top ranked candidate" thing but I guess there's no guarantee. *sigh*
May 11, 2017
72 posts
27 upvotes
TrueNorthEast wrote:
Jun 26th, 2018 2:55 pm
Thanks.

I was hoping from August 30 - Sept 1 because I got mandatory orientation from work on August 29th too lol
No problem!

Oh no that’s rough! Also in regards to the waitlist emails, at least you guys are getting emails. Last year we got two emails, one to say we are on the waitlist and another to say it closed. Lol
May 13, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone who is in the MLS program can give me any details about the first few days of school??
I'm kind of in a bind. My brother is getting married and I will be away in Greece until September 6th. I was wait listed and only got an email from admissions this week. So I figured, no big deal, I can call to change my flight. Turns out it will cost me almost $800 to come back on time when class starts. I really don't want to miss the first few days, and I'm wondering how critical those first few days are?? Any insight would be helpful!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2713 posts
548 upvotes
Toronto
snicolez wrote:
Jun 29th, 2018 12:49 pm
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone who is in the MLS program can give me any details about the first few days of school??
I'm kind of in a bind. My brother is getting married and I will be away in Greece until September 6th. I was wait listed and only got an email from admissions this week. So I figured, no big deal, I can call to change my flight. Turns out it will cost me almost $800 to come back on time when class starts. I really don't want to miss the first few days, and I'm wondering how critical those first few days are?? Any insight would be helpful!!!
If I remeber correctly those first days basically explain the program, show the michener, give you the bag of goodies with your locker number, free lunches, and a private session with 2nd year students where you can ask any questions. Thats also when you choose your class reps.
Yeasts wrote:
Jun 30th, 2018 11:22 pm
Awesome good to know!! So all classes/labs usually run from 9am-4pm on weekdays? Nothing on weekends? Can you decide your group or is it fixed? I'm trying to plan my work schedule around what a typically school schedule looks like. I really appreciate the info, osuman :)
No problem! The groups are assigned but you can switch with someone else a week before the classes start as long as you find someone to trade with. Not sure how you'd do this in 1st semester since you wont know the schedule for other groups.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
May 1, 2018
51 posts
20 upvotes
Anyone do the Exam for the online course AP807? And have any tips for it?
May 14, 2018
6 posts
Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any groups on facebook or wherever for each specific programs for this year?
May 11, 2017
72 posts
27 upvotes
anxious123 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 4:13 pm
Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any groups on facebook or wherever for each specific programs for this year?
I haven’t seen any! You could always start up one though Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
May 15, 2018
29 posts
14 upvotes
I would join a FB group!

Also, how long did it take you guys to receive the orientation information? The offers expired 5 days ago and I'm getting a bit anxious.
May 11, 2017
72 posts
27 upvotes
AnaU41709 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2018 5:13 pm
I would join a FB group!

Also, how long did it take you guys to receive the orientation information? The offers expired 5 days ago and I'm getting a bit anxious.
Information about orientation specifically has yet to be released. The only thing they’ve said is that it’s August 29-31 and sometime in July information will be uploaded to their site!
May 15, 2018
29 posts
14 upvotes
NewBrunswicker wrote:
Jul 15th, 2018 7:19 pm
Information about orientation specifically has yet to be released. The only thing they’ve said is that it’s August 29-31 and sometime in July information will be uploaded to their site!
I haven't gotten anything since I've accepted my offer. I'm so scared my offer didn't go through or something even though I've gotten a deposit receipt. That would be just my luck haha!
May 11, 2017
72 posts
27 upvotes
AnaU41709 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2018 8:18 pm
I haven't gotten anything since I've accepted my offer. I'm so scared my offer didn't go through or something even though I've gotten a deposit receipt. That would be just my luck haha!
You could always call and ask! :)