Students

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2018 Admissions

Mar 30, 2018
27 posts
13 upvotes
KPanOpto wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 10:57 pm
You're actually the class of 2021.
So the last semester is 2020 September to 2021 January (graduation)?
May 11, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
AspiringMPro wrote:
May 15th, 2018 9:51 am
Just got offer into MLS, best of luck guys !!
btwitsmatt wrote:
May 15th, 2018 10:18 am
Got into RT and MLS! Does anyone else NOT see their offer of admission on ontario colleges website?
JesGalaxy wrote:
May 15th, 2018 2:50 pm
Hey all, I got accepted for MLS this morning and waitlisted for ultrasound and RT just now.
BiancaW12633 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 3:38 pm
Hey y'all! Congrats to everyone who got into their programs ^^. I had a quick question... I'm working full time right now, with the opportunity to work more flexible hours if I go back to school. I accepted my offer for the MLS program. How labour intensive is the workload for this program? Do y'all this it will be possible to still work full-time while also going to school for the MLS program? Thanks!
Kiwi5K wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 2:32 pm
Accepted in MLS at 2:20pm!
AnaU41709 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 3:24 pm
Just got in to MLS!!!
minhasf wrote:
Jul 20th, 2018 1:23 pm
has anyone created a facebook group for MLS yet?
MahaY97811 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi everyone! Feel free to join the MLS FB group setup by StuckandCurious :)
May 1, 2018
51 posts
20 upvotes
So along with the IRF we need to submit extra lab reports only for Varicella, and Hep B right?
May 11, 2017
72 posts
27 upvotes
TrueNorthEast wrote:
Aug 1st, 2018 4:42 pm
So along with the IRF we need to submit extra lab reports only for Varicella, and Hep B right?
If you have had the varicella vaccine you don’t need to get the blood tests. For Hep B you need both! I asked last week because I was curious too ☺️
Jun 4, 2018
4 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone know if there is a campus store to buy textbooks or if there's a Facebook page to sell used textbooks?
Mar 6, 2015
386 posts
24 upvotes
Kiwi5K wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 11:41 pm
Does anyone know if there is a campus store to buy textbooks or if there's a Facebook page to sell used textbooks?
There is a RFD forum for course material selling. I recommend you to add here on this student forum the best the course code, the better the course subject or the name of the institution so your information can be looked up easily than reached by other RFDers using search engine. Imagine each RFDer only needs to click the course code tag each time to reach your question instead of using search engine.
Last edited by cybercavalier on Aug 12th, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2842 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
Kiwi5K wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 11:41 pm
You can buy textbooks from uoft bookstore, but you should wait until orientation to ask upper year students whether you even need them.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
May 1, 2018
51 posts
20 upvotes
So for the online courses in CVP for the first 8 weeks are the lectures already uploaded?

Is there a lecture repository like at UofT? You know one where you can view literally all the lectures from all courses whether or not you are in the course or not?
Aug 11, 2018
1 posts
hi! I am looking to apply to the CVP program, but I know how competitive it is. Do you mind if I ask what your cgpa was since you got in!!
May 10, 2018
13 posts
2 upvotes
Guess what guys... I finally received an offer for the chiropody program! Woo hoo!

Btw what day do classes start at Michener?
May 15, 2018
48 posts
42 upvotes
NewBrunswicker wrote:
Aug 1st, 2018 9:06 pm
If you have had the varicella vaccine you don’t need to get the blood tests. For Hep B you need both! I asked last week because I was curious too ☺️
what do you mean by both? i have positive immunity for hep b, do i still need a vaccine? the paperwork was a bit confusing for hep b.
May 11, 2017
72 posts
27 upvotes
AnaU41709 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 10:40 pm
what do you mean by both? i have positive immunity for hep b, do i still need a vaccine? the paperwork was a bit confusing for hep b.
So when I emailed the health services asking if I needed blood tests for anything other than Hep B and varicella (didn’t have the vaccine but had varicella), this was the response:

Hi,

If you can provide documentation for having received 2 doses of MMR vaccine, then you only need a blood test for Hepatitis B and Varicella immunity.

Thank you,
Gloria
Apr 13, 2016
5 posts
2 upvotes
Hi chiropody students! congrats on getting into the program. 1st year graduate from the program here if students of the program have any questions please shoot me a message or email me at 15vas1@michener.ca ill be available to answer most of your questions. just before you start in September