Students

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2018 Admissions

Mar 6, 2015
332 posts
20 upvotes
Kiwi5K wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 11:41 pm
Does anyone know if there is a campus store to buy textbooks or if there's a Facebook page to sell used textbooks?
osuman wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 12:38 pm
You can buy textbooks from uoft bookstore, but you should wait until orientation to ask upper year students whether you even need them.
chiropodykaash wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 9:46 pm
Hi chiropody students! congrats on getting into the program. 1st year graduate from the program here if students of the program have any questions please shoot me a message or email me at 15vas1@michener.ca ill be available to answer most of your questions. just before you start in September
I am just a passer-by and suggesting. Maybe chiropody student prospects can ask about textbook, any sale, new or second-hand ones...
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Apr 19, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes
Guys I am taking a 2nd series for Hep B but just got my second dose of the vaccine today...the third dose is due a few months from now. Is this enough to get a blood test for Hep B immunity and satisfy the lab report requirement? Or must I have all three doses for the lab report?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2744 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
marilor wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 10:48 pm
Guys I am taking a 2nd series for Hep B but just got my second dose of the vaccine today...the third dose is due a few months from now. Is this enough to get a blood test for Hep B immunity and satisfy the lab report requirement? Or must I have all three doses for the lab report?
Yeah you can take blood test after your 2nd shot. If the results show immunity then you can use it for health requirements (you would still need to get the 3rd shot later, but you dont need to test your blood after that since you already have an immunity)
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
May 11, 2017
72 posts
27 upvotes
marilor wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 10:48 pm
I would contact health services! They are very helpful! You can explain your situation and they will tell you what the best option is. Their number is 416-596-3101 extension 3320 and email is HealthServices@Michener.ca. I find calling is easier to be honest!

When I called about my Hep B immunizations they told me to get the accelerated series of 3 and then one after a year and to get a blood test 1 month after the 3rd dose. I hope it all works out for you :)
Apr 19, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks for the input guys! I called and they said they could postpone my lab report deadline so that I can get my blood test in September.
Hopefully I'm immune, as my third dose is due in January and I'll be starting clinical then...
May 11, 2017
72 posts
27 upvotes
TrueNorthEast wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 8:05 pm
Hey guys do we have access to blackboard yet?
I do! But I didn’t until one of my profs emailed everyone telling us what our username and password. You will likely get an email soon :)
May 1, 2018
51 posts
20 upvotes
NewBrunswicker wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 8:10 am
I do! But I didn’t until one of my profs emailed everyone telling us what our username and password. You will likely get an email soon :)
Okay thanks, that sounds good.

I managed to find a way to log in!
Nov 19, 2017
13 posts
NewBrunswicker wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 8:10 am
are you in MLS? when did you get the email with that info?
May 11, 2017
72 posts
27 upvotes
minhasf wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 10:38 pm
I’m in Genetics and I got the email August 1!
May 15, 2018
29 posts
14 upvotes
minhasf wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 10:38 pm
I'm also in MLS and didn't get anything
Jun 7, 2018
6 posts
I lost my yellow immunization card! Would I still be able to finish my medical. I'm so scared that I won't be able to
May 10, 2018
13 posts
2 upvotes
marcoreus wrote:
Aug 20th, 2018 10:34 pm
I lost my yellow immunization card! Would I still be able to finish my medical. I'm so scared that I won't be able to
If you go to your region's Public Health website you can get the digital copy from there. You just need your sin and health card number to login. You can also always call the Michener Health Services number- the nurse there is very helpful!
Jun 7, 2018
6 posts
LittleStitous wrote:
Aug 20th, 2018 10:58 pm
If you go to your region's Public Health website you can get the digital copy from there. You just need your sin and health card number to login. You can also always call the Michener Health Services number- the nurse there is very helpful!
Thank you very much