Students

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2018 Admissions

May 10, 2018
7 posts
4 upvotes
Hey guys I’ve tried to look everywhere online but just couldn’t find the answer... does anyone know if we have reading week in the fall or winter? And if so, when?
Mar 14, 2013
175 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
jazminriver wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 9:13 am
Hey guys I’ve tried to look everywhere online but just couldn’t find the answer... does anyone know if we have reading week in the fall or winter? And if so, when?
Does not exist.. :(
May 10, 2018
7 posts
4 upvotes
btwitsmatt wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 7:12 pm
Does not exist.. :(
To clarify, do u mean the website info doesn’t exist or reading week itself doesn’t exist?! Weary Face
May 10, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
Missed the webinar they sent to our emails about orientation.
Just curious, is the orientation mandatory or optional.
May 15, 2018
29 posts
14 upvotes
Novick wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 7:54 pm
Missed the webinar they sent to our emails about orientation.
Just curious, is the orientation mandatory or optional.
Mandatory. The first half of each day def seems important/useful but I think you can safely skip the social activities.
May 10, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
Damn probably only going to make the second day. Wonder how registration works if you miss the first day.
May 15, 2018
29 posts
14 upvotes
Novick wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 1:13 am
Damn probably only going to make the second day. Wonder how registration works if you miss the first day.
They're giving out your student card and swag bags etc the first day. They did say that if you miss that for whatever reason, they'll have a booth on the second day where you can pick your stuff up. I think you'll be ok.
May 10, 2018
13 posts
2 upvotes
AnaU41709 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 9:23 am
They're giving out your student card and swag bags etc the first day. They did say that if you miss that for whatever reason, they'll have a booth on the second day where you can pick your stuff up. I think you'll be ok.
Do we need to email a picture of ourselves in ahead of time for the student id? They never informed me but I saw it mentioned somewhere before.
Apr 19, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes
LittleStitous wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 1:24 pm
Do we need to email a picture of ourselves in ahead of time for the student id? They never informed me but I saw it mentioned somewhere before.
Yes. If you send your picture in at least 2 days before the Wednesday, they'll have your student ID ready for pick up at orientation
May 15, 2018
29 posts
14 upvotes
How are you guys accessing Blackboard? I've gotten emails from Blackboard but no password/username info! Anyone else?
Nov 19, 2017
13 posts
AnaU41709 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 9:21 pm
How are you guys accessing Blackboard? I've gotten emails from Blackboard but no password/username info! Anyone else?
the username is the same as your username for the student portal (and the first part of your Michener email, before the "@michener.ca" part)
the password is your 6 digit student number
May 15, 2018
29 posts
14 upvotes
minhasf wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 9:23 pm
the username is the same as your username for the student portal (and the first part of your Michener email, before the "@michener.ca" part)
the password is your 6 digit student number
Thank you!
Jun 4, 2017
7 posts
13 upvotes
Hey guys, I'm a second year med lab student. There is only a reading week in the winter semester, last year it started on family day, so probably Feb 18th. If you're in med lab and planning to go away for reading week just a heads up, we had 4 midterms the next week. Also try to get your picture in for your student ID by the date they've asked, I know someone who didn't get it in until after orientation and they had run out of cards and they had to wait a couple months until they got it. Hopefully they get more cards this year but you might as well just email a picture in time.
Jun 7, 2018
6 posts
If I am a few days late with my medical stuff...would they kick me out right away?
May 10, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
Hey, where do we email the pictures for the student card and is there a size recommendation for it.