• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2017 9:36 pm
[OP]
Feb 18, 2016
26 posts
4 upvotes

Michener Institute of Applied Health Sciences Admissions 2016

Hi Everyone!

I have applied to Michener (Sept 2016 intake) for Cardiovascular Perfusion, Respiratory Therapy and Chiropody. My number one is CVP but i know they only accept 13-14 people per intake so it is highly competitive.

I just thought I would post a forum to see if anyone else has applied, received MMI emails or acceptances so the rest of us can stay on track.
525 replies
Feb 21, 2016
35 posts
5 upvotes
Hi there!

Thanks for making this forum! I have been creeping the internet for a while to see if one was started :) I applied to the Michener Institute as well for the F16 intake. I applied to Genetics Technology, Medical Laboratory Science and Respiration Therapy.

I have a few friends who are currently in/attended Michener programs and didn't hear back about MMIs until early-mid April, which is in line with the message sent to our Michener Self-Service inbox.
Jan 23, 2016
29 posts
6 upvotes
Hamilton
Hello:

I am applying for medical laboratory science, genetic technology and diagnostic cytology programs in michener institute for 2016 intake. Now I am preparing for MMI even if the invitation email has not been sent yet. Hope we can share ideas and experience on MMI for all our success in this thread.
[OP]
Feb 18, 2016
26 posts
4 upvotes
I am so happy people replied!
There are a lot of MMI example questions on the internet and from what I read in previous forums a lot of the questions are quite similar. I haven't started yet to prepare, but I will very soon.

Did you guys apply to any other schools?
Feb 21, 2016
35 posts
5 upvotes
I have been doing a bit of prep for the MMIs with my friend (she applied to med school), but nothing intense. I did not apply to other schools. I am currently finishing a Masters thesis so if I don't get into Michener I am officially done with school lol. This is the last stop before I go off into the real life workforce >_<
Oct 21, 2014
57 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is definitely a good time to get into MLS. Lots of job opportunities in Canada with retiring folks. With free tuition, admission is going to become more competitive for the already competitive programs.
[OP]
Feb 18, 2016
26 posts
4 upvotes
Hopefully with a masters you'll be accepted! I applied to RT at Fanshawe and was accepted, but Michener is my number one.
Feb 25, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
I applied to Michener for the CVP program only. I am quite nervous, since I really do not have any other career plans in mind other than becoming a CVP! Thanks for starting this thread; I would love to have some communication and support during this waiting process :) .
[OP]
Feb 18, 2016
26 posts
4 upvotes
BrendanB322463 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2016 5:11 pm
I applied to Michener for the CVP program only. I am quite nervous, since I really do not have any other career plans in mind other than becoming a CVP! Thanks for starting this thread; I would love to have some communication and support during this waiting process :) .
Are you an RT or are you applying with a degree? And how much hospital experience did you have before applying?
Jul 9, 2015
9 posts
1 upvote
NeonDust wrote:
Feb 26th, 2016 11:49 am
I have been doing a bit of prep for the MMIs with my friend (she applied to med school), but nothing intense. I did not apply to other schools. I am currently finishing a Masters thesis so if I don't get into Michener I am officially done with school lol. This is the last stop before I go off into the real life workforce >_<
I applied for medical laboratory science at Michener, St. Lawrence, UOIT, and Cambrian. I got accepted into UOIT's med lab program, but I'm waiting to hear from other schools. I'm curious what is your master's degree in? I'm thinking of getting one down the road if it helps advance in my medical laboratory technologist career. I'm currently finishing my B. Sc. in biology.
Feb 25, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
linkatturn4 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2016 9:35 am
Are you an RT or are you applying with a degree? And how much hospital experience did you have before applying?
I have a BSc degree in Pharmacology (graduated 2013). I do not have any critical care experience as outlined in the Academic Checklist, but I have volunteered at a hospital for 5 years consecutively.
[OP]
Feb 18, 2016
26 posts
4 upvotes
BrendanB322463 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2016 1:40 am
I have a BSc degree in Pharmacology (graduated 2013). I do not have any critical care experience as outlined in the Academic Checklist, but I have volunteered at a hospital for 5 years consecutively.
I have my BSc[H] in Biological Science and also have been volunteering at the hospital. Hopefully that is enough!
Feb 25, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
linkatturn4 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2016 1:58 am
I have my BSc[H] in Biological Science and also have been volunteering at the hospital. Hopefully that is enough!
Good luck with the interview preparations. It seems our GPA and out MMI has to really pull us through.
Feb 21, 2016
35 posts
5 upvotes
Waterpool wrote:
Feb 27th, 2016 9:21 pm
I applied for medical laboratory science at Michener, St. Lawrence, UOIT, and Cambrian. I got accepted into UOIT's med lab program, but I'm waiting to hear from other schools. I'm curious what is your master's degree in? I'm thinking of getting one down the road if it helps advance in my medical laboratory technologist career. I'm currently finishing my B. Sc. in biology.
I am doing an MSc in the department of molecular and cellular biology, in a microbiology lab (working with bacteria). I remember meeting an MLS graduate at the Michener open house in November who has gone back to do a PhD to help advance her position within her lab. I have no intention of pursuing a PhD at this time lol. I do not want to do anymore school. I just did an MSc for the experience, a lot of my peers have completed an MSc and went off to work. I wanted to attend Michener for a professional specialization, but I am content either way. I love seeing all the people on here and the paths they have taken to get to this point!
Apr 1, 2011
28 posts
5 upvotes
Hey guys!
I was like one of you last year. I'm currently in the Med Lab Science program at Michener and I'm free to answer any questions you may have about the program or just the process/the school in general. :D
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel