Michener Institute of Applied Health Sciences Admissions 2016

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2017 9:36 pm
Jun 2, 2013
15 posts
Toronto
woof122 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2016 12:38 pm
I was in your shoes last year, but I didn't have the 1 year certificate. Instead I worked for a year after completing a BSc, and It went nowhere. Time really flies. I'm going into second year this Sept, and I still feel like a first year MLT student. For me, the decision to invest another 3 years was attributed to not wanting to settle down in Toronto. I just want to leave the city life, and have a quieter life somewhere. From what I've read, med tech is a good bet.
I am also working for a year to save up until I start MLS this sept, so I know EXACTLY how you feel, time definitely does fly (and it sucks). I am sure you will have great opportunities outside of Toronto, I wish you the best!! p.s glad to see others in my shoes :)
May 8, 2016
12 posts
3 upvotes
Question to my fellow incoming students...

Can someone please recommend somewhere where I can complete my first aid/CPR? Also for those whose CPR deadline is in second year, are you just completing first aid for now, or both first aid and CPR?
May 2, 2012
39 posts
5 upvotes
TORONTO
I been looking around for a bit. Seems like everywhere has the 2 courses combined together. They also explicitly said no online courses will be accepted so that's also out of the question.

I'm just gonna do both at the same time with FirstAid4U. The name is hella sketchy but the reviews around seem to be ok. It's good for 3 years, and then later on I'm just gonna get it re-certified for a bit extra $$$$.
May 8, 2016
12 posts
3 upvotes
SaberZero wrote:
Jul 12th, 2016 10:27 pm
I been looking around for a bit. Seems like everywhere has the 2 courses combined together. They also explicitly said no online courses will be accepted so that's also out of the question.

I'm just gonna do both at the same time with FirstAid4U. The name is hella sketchy but the reviews around seem to be ok. It's good for 3 years, and then later on I'm just gonna get it re-certified for a bit extra $$$$.
I was also looking into Firstaid4U (FYI I totally thought the same thing about the name too!). Doing both and then recertifying seems to be the best option. Thanks for your input!
Jun 2, 2013
15 posts
Toronto
i did mine at vitalCPR (it was first aid and CPR combined for HCP- there was no choice for just first aid). It was around $110 for a 2 day course and it's valid for 3 years. They have different locations too. There's another one called torontoCPR with similar details.
Jul 10, 2012
287 posts
274 upvotes
TORONTO
please PM me if anyone in downtown toronto wants to get their firstaid and CPR certification done recently. I can get discounts for each person if we go together!
Jul 25, 2016
1 posts
Hello,

Is there an ultrasound group on fb for those starting in fall 2016?

Thanks
Jun 12, 2016
2 posts
THere's also Heart2Heart. I just got mine from there and it was actually a fun class
Jun 12, 2016
2 posts
Hey I was just wondering if anyone received their schedule yet? I thought we were supposed to get it the last week of July
Jul 10, 2012
287 posts
274 upvotes
TORONTO
Judging by the speed in which they process the required health documents, i think they put a lot of time in processing the uploaded documents from each students.

Giving them more time I guess @@
Mar 4, 2016
11 posts
I wanted to know if paying your tuition fees a bit late will affect my enrolment since I paid on the duedate (August 3).. Any ideas?
Jul 10, 2012
287 posts
274 upvotes
TORONTO
I will be studying first year chiropody at michener this coming fall. anyone have any idea where i can get second hand books? (don't really wanna spend money on buying brand new)
Apr 9, 2016
23 posts
5 upvotes
william90130 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2016 12:18 am
I will be studying first year chiropody at michener this coming fall. anyone have any idea where i can get second hand books? (don't really wanna spend money on buying brand new)
Yar har fiddle dee dee
Michener-UofT Medical Radiation Sciences '16