Students

Michener Institute of Applied Health Sciences Admissions 2016

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2017 9:36 pm
Apr 13, 2016
4 posts
2 upvotes
To all incoming chiropody students, as a second year student in the program I can tell you that purchasing books is not mandatory except for anatomy. Which is grant dissector and mc minn. however going to the my Michener portal and searching for the book list. It is entirely up to you whether you want to purchase those books. You may find the extra resource helpful or might believe the lecture notes will suffice. A suggestion would be trying to download the books off for free. Or just look at the ones you are actually going to use. The grant dissector and McMinn foot and ankle anatomy are useful and will be used. In both lecture and dissection lab.
Best of luck incoming class and feel free to ask any questions we are all here to help.
Apr 12, 2016
8 posts
That's good to know! Thank you! How intense and difficult is the workload for the first year of chiropody? Any information you can provide would be great! :)
Jun 2, 2013
15 posts
Toronto
Hey Med Lab students,

How are the final exam schedules like? I have an important trip on Dec 15th but the exam schedule is Dec 6-15. Do you usually have exams on the final day of exams (ex. the 15th), or do you usually finish exams a bit earlier?
Oct 19, 2016
1 posts
hey guys i'm applying to respiratory therapy, MLS and either ultrasound or radiation therapy. Im in my fourth year of a bachelor's in life science. Would a 3.55 gpa be considered competitive?
Jul 10, 2012
282 posts
270 upvotes
TORONTO
mariont19 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2016 1:59 am
hey guys i'm applying to respiratory therapy, MLS and either ultrasound or radiation therapy. Im in my fourth year of a bachelor's in life science. Would a 3.55 gpa be considered competitive?
3.55 cGPA or best two years?

last year cut off from ultrasound interview was 3.76 cGPA

Respiratory therapy they don't look at your university even though you are required to submit them. They will also convert your highschool marks into OMSAS scale (90% is a 4.0GPA)

Radiation therapy i don't know much about it.
Jul 4, 2013
93 posts
30 upvotes
Regina
what is the cut off for MLT and genetics technology ?
Jul 4, 2013
93 posts
30 upvotes
Regina
william90130 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2016 10:31 am
mariont19 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2016 1:59 am
3.55 cGPA or best two years?

last year cut off from ultrasound interview was 3.76 cGPA

Respiratory therapy they don't look at your university even though you are required to submit them. They will also convert your highschool marks into OMSAS scale (90% is a 4.0GPA)

Radiation therapy i don't know much about it.
what is the cut off for MLT and genetics technology ?
Jul 10, 2012
282 posts
270 upvotes
TORONTO
You can call in the registrar office and ask for last year's stats.
Jan 8, 2014
12 posts
Toronto
Please reconsider applying for MLT program at Cambrian, it’s a joke this school. Teaching sucks, labs are over crowded, learning unwanted GNEDS, placement sites are hell, past few years students sucks at CSMLS national test because of poor course content and inadequate teaching, passing grades for each course is 70 now, even when it at 60, two third of them failed or dropped out because of bad teaching. CSMLS should review teaching quality of staff and performance of students before it accreditation this program again.
Apr 23, 2017
10 posts
Hi Guys!
I have an MMI for respiratory therapy this year...would anyone be willing to share any tips? Thanks in advance!
Apr 25, 2017
2 posts
Hi,

How were the MMIS for Michener in 2016. I am invited this year (2017) and I have no idea how to really prepare other than brainstorming about some senarios found online. Any tips ? I want to get into CVP.
Apr 25, 2017
2 posts
Hi, I am also invited in 2017 and looking to have infos. I am trying to get into the Perfusion program. The only think so far I do is practice and read different scenarios. I wish you good luck.
Apr 12, 2016
8 posts
I had my MMI last year and what helped me prepare was reading examples online and then answering the questions myself for practice. Once you get the hang of it you should be good :) good luck!
Apr 28, 2017
10 posts
Hi there! I applied to respiratory therapy and chiropody at Michener for the sept 2017 intake and got offers for both programs. I'm having a tough time deciding which one to pick. I think I'm gravitating more towards RT, however things like job outlook/job security and placements could change my mind. So I wanted to ask around to see what people currently in the RT program at Michener had to say about RT vs. chiropody as a career choice. I know the job market in general is tough these days but if my chances of finding a good job are very low after graduation with RT, I'll have to start considering another career choice. Unfortunately I don't know any respiratory therapists or chiropodists so any insight would be helpful!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)