Students

Michener Institute Of Applied Sciences Admissions 2015 Forum

May 30, 2015
5 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has anyone been notified yet if they have been granted an entrance scholarship (for those of you who have applied)?
Feb 3, 2015
33 posts
14 upvotes
North York, ON
Misssim wrote: Has anyone been notified yet if they have been granted an entrance scholarship (for those of you who have applied)?

No word yet :(
Aug 1, 2015
3 posts
1 upvote
Anyone know what the "Common Time" is on the timetable?
fyi, i am in med lab sci.
Apr 26, 2015
18 posts
4 upvotes
London, ON
kittykit wrote: Anyone know what the "Common Time" is on the timetable?
fyi, i am in med lab sci.
I have that on my timetable as well (Rad Therapy here)
Jan 29, 2009
601 posts
78 upvotes
m4r5h4l wrote: I have that on my timetable as well (Rad Therapy here)
It's a chunk of free time you'll have every Wednesday. It's to allow for meetings, student council, student groups, intramurals etc
Aug 12, 2013
15 posts
Toronto
I got some MRI & imaging textbooks for sale, all in excellent condition if anyone is interested:

Sectional Anatomy for Imaging Professionals (3rd edition)

Torres’ Patient Care in Imaging Technology (8th edition)

Handbook of MRI technique (3rd edition)

MRI in Practice (4th edition)

CT and MRI Pathology (2nd edition)
Apr 1, 2011
63 posts
39 upvotes
Can't wait to see everyone at orientation :D
(I'm in med lab :D )
Sep 2, 2015
2 posts
i couldn't make it to orientation can someone let me know how we can access blackboard or find the required textbook reading list i'm also in MLS can't wait to meet you guys!
Aug 1, 2015
3 posts
1 upvote
alchemist20 wrote: oh and does anyone in MLS know if we have labs first week of school or not?
for blackboard, username is same as your self-service username (eg. 15xx2) and default password is your student id without zeros (eg. 123456)
the required textbook list is on michener website. what to read for each textbook/course is found in blackboard at specific course sites.
and yes we do have labs at first week of school except CCML. no CCML lab in week 1
Oct 27, 2015
7 posts
Scarborough, ON
I just want to know how many people drop out of Michener every year? I heard MLT program at Michener and St.Lawrence has really high passing grade and stressful. Is that true?
Jul 23, 2016
1 posts
Hi I have just been accepted into the Diagnostic Cytology program. I was wondering how hard the course work was. Also do you know anything about job prospects in this field in the GTA?
Oct 7, 2009
36 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
narmatha25 wrote: Hi I have just been accepted into the Diagnostic Cytology program. I was wondering how hard the course work was. Also do you know anything about job prospects in this field in the GTA?
hey, I was planning to apply for this program for the 2016 year. I was just wondering what was your cGPA and other experiences were when you got accepted into the program.

Thanks!
Jan 8, 2014
12 posts
Toronto
Please don’t apply for MLT Med Lab program at Cambrian College, professors are mostly Lab tech who doesn’t know to teach anything. They are highly disorganised, labs were crappy and unfit. Past few years MLT grads from Cambrian were failing at CSMLS national exam, so Professors instead of changing their teaching skills increased the passing grade to 70% almost everyone in our class failing, many are dropping out. If you try to get help, Professors are highly biased, and rude most of the time. Most of the courses are not even taught properly left with to figure it by ourselves, clinical sites available sucks too. There are no staff tutor to help out in tutoring centre, peer tutors are just one or two students to help, above all living in Sudbury sucks too, better bet to go to Michener or St. Lawrence college. Don’t waste your time, and money.
Oct 27, 2015
7 posts
Scarborough, ON
did you complete MLT? For diagnostic cytology program? Just thinking to apply for it.