Students

Michener Institute Of Applied Sciences Admissions 2015 Forum

Feb 12, 2015
6 posts
Ottawa, ON
Just got mine for respiratory therapy by email!
Jan 20, 2015
57 posts
6 upvotes
Halifax, NS
felicitations everyone. what kind of stuff have you guys been doing to prepare?
Jan 20, 2015
28 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton, ON
nothing as of yet (exams) but I am currently researching MMIs in general and sample questions/articles online. Then I am kind of jotting down important ideas or points I would want to make sure I include and probably practicing over the next week or so
Mar 3, 2015
3 posts
Milton, ON
Just got mine for MLS too! I don't know how I would prepare..or whether or not I can even prepare for this. I checked out the medlabmaven website for some tips. But that's about it.

Anyone going to be commuting to Michener, provided they get in? I'll be commuting from Milton if I choose Micehener and I'm pretty afraid of that.
Jan 20, 2015
57 posts
6 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I'll be moving from Halifax. Anyone else way more excited than nervous? MMI's sound fun to me.
Jan 20, 2015
28 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton, ON
I am so excited! I love interviews, they are such an awesome way to show the admissions people about your character and problem solving skills
Aug 25, 2010
297 posts
60 upvotes
toronto
Anyone here got a MMI for ultrasound yet?
Feb 3, 2015
33 posts
14 upvotes
North York, ON
Oh my God I got an MMI invite for ultrasound!!!! I'm so excited!
Apr 13, 2015
2 posts
Toronto, ON
Hey everyone! I didn't make the interview cut off for ultrasound but I got one for diagnostic cytology (my back up). If anyone could enlighten me about this program that would be really awesome!
Apr 13, 2015
2 posts
Toronto, ON
@errinath If you don't mind, may I know your GPA? I badly want to get in to this program but I didn't make the cutoff :( I will try again next year!
Apr 13, 2015
3 posts
Norval, ON
Didn't get an mmi invitation for genetics technology :( really bummed I thought I could at least get to the interview stage with an honours genetics degree but I guess not
Apr 13, 2015
9 posts
2 upvotes
Got invited for the MMI process for Chiropody and Respiratory Therapy. I'm incredibly thankful that I've been given the opportunity although I know I'll need to sharpen my interviewee skills.
Feb 3, 2015
33 posts
14 upvotes
North York, ON
abc416 wrote: @errinath If you don't mind, may I know your GPA? I badly want to get in to this program but I didn't make the cutoff :( I will try again next year!
Took down the info I posted before, sorry! If you would like to know again please PM me!

Also has anyone signed up for an MMI time yet? For now I picked one of the Tuesday AM sessions.
Jan 20, 2015
28 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton, ON
Hey I am in the tuesday session too, but the first afternoon session
Apr 1, 2011
63 posts
39 upvotes
kkjump1212 wrote: Didn't get an mmi invitation for genetics technology :( really bummed I thought I could at least get to the interview stage with an honours genetics degree but I guess not
Did you end up getting an invite? I got rejected first round but they sent me an invite for GT today!
Jan 20, 2015
28 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton, ON
yeah same here but with Diagnostic Cytology, just got my interview invite!!
Apr 13, 2015
3 posts
Norval, ON
shutterfly wrote: Did you end up getting an invite? I got rejected first round but they sent me an invite for GT today!
Yes I got one today! Although it won't let me log into the system lol
Apr 13, 2015
3 posts
Norval, ON
shutterfly wrote: Did you end up getting an invite? I got rejected first round but they sent me an invite for GT today!
Do you think that means some people declined their invites?
Jan 20, 2015
28 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton, ON
I think it's probably that they decided they didn't have enough ppl they wanted to fill all interview slots, so they invited the next ppl in line (determined by GPA). Not 100% sure, but thats my best guess. I'm sure a couple ppl declined their invite but I don't think it'd be too many...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)