Students

Michener Institute - Med Lab Tech

Nov 15, 2019
10 posts
9 upvotes
MicroGrad wrote: Hi guys,

I graduated University with a 67% average. Michener states you must have a 70% average, but I'm seeing a lot of posters say their post-secondary grades were super low. Is 67 too low? My high school average was 91%.

More importantly, should I even both with Michener if I struggled so much in University? I did really well on assignments, but midterms and exams worth 50-70% of my grade killed me, no matter how much I studied.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
did you end up studying in michener?
Nov 15, 2019
10 posts
9 upvotes
hey guys,

I applied to MLS 2020-21 program. I did my bachelors degree but I didn't meet the 2.7 minimum . but my high school marks are great (eng4U 85, MHF4U 95, SBI4U 87 and SCH4U 91)! I am wondering if high school marks are good enough to get an invitation for MMI or should I submit my "not so great" bachelors transcript as well?

Thanks for responding in advance!
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1836 posts
279 upvotes
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Apr 4, 2020
1 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm about to take the Mela English assessment of the Michener Institute. I've looking if I could find any further information about the test expect the few samples of their website but there is nothing. I'm planning to apply for the bridging program of MLTS and I need to pass the test. Is anyone that has already taken the test and could help me prepare myself better? I would really appreciate your help.
Apr 24, 2020
26 posts
10 upvotes
Hi
Does anyone know whether Michener is looking only on your hs grades even of you have completed B.Sc? Do they look at the same prereqs courses at the university level? My hs marks are lower than the courses I took at the university level

Thanks for your insight
May 17, 2020
5 posts
2 upvotes
Are there any textbooks I should not bother to purchase? During my undergrad there would be a lot of courses where the "mandatory" textbook would cost $200 and was totally worthless.