Students

Michener Institute - Med Lab Tech

May 11, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
Lance1412 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 1:31 pm
Hi everyone. So I tried to get in Med lab science/technologist of Mitchener last year but I failed the MMI :(. So I'm applying for Med lab technician program in Centennial College but my goal is to become a technologist. I heard that all the courses there are accredited by CMLTO so is it possible to become a med lab technologist starting as a technician?

No. You need to take an accredited Technologist program to become a Technologist. Michener, St.Clair, St.Lawrence, Cambrian and UOIT in Ontario.
Feb 6, 2018
1 posts
Costanza99 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:47 pm
Hi. I've been looking through Michener's MLT program and I'm contemplating applying for next year. I have a BASc in Public Health from Ryerson but it's been difficult getting anything so far, so I've been thinking of going back to school. Can anyone share how the job market is after graduation for MLT's? Do you usually find work pretty soon at Hospitals/labs? Indeed seems to have a modest amount of positions available.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I'm from Toronto btw.

Hi, I’m a recent graduate who also did public Health at Ryerson! Did you end up going into med lab?
Feb 7, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if an 84% high school average and a 2.8 cgpa is decent enough to get an interview from Michener for Med lab.
May 6, 2018
3 posts
HI everyone, My wife has been studying hard on her own to take the exam in June and as she only went to university in our country she has no connections with any one to help her, she is very stressed and I have been trying to find some sample test from previous years to practice with her and put her mind at ease, as I know she knows her stuff, I have been very unsuccessful though, can any one help me with finding sample questions?

Many thanks in advance
May 11, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
samy816 wrote:
May 7th, 2018 2:52 pm
HI everyone, My wife has been studying hard on her own to take the exam in June and as she only went to university in our country she has no connections with any one to help her, she is very stressed and I have been trying to find some sample test from previous years to practice with her and put her mind at ease, as I know she knows her stuff, I have been very unsuccessful though, can any one help me with finding sample questions?

Many thanks in advance
They do not post sample questions online. Follow the competency profile on the CSMLS website. Everything that is on the exam will be referenced back to that. Also make sure she has the CSMLS Safety manual
May 6, 2018
3 posts
14MLTgrad wrote:
May 8th, 2018 10:12 am
They do not post sample questions online. Follow the competency profile on the CSMLS website. Everything that is on the exam will be referenced back to that. Also make sure she has the CSMLS Safety manual
Thanks so much for the reply, I understand that CSMLS does not upload sample exams, however I was wondering if any one who has previously taken the exam has taken the initiative of gathering the questions , I think her weakest area for example is Hemato, and if there is any one here who has recently taken the exam I would really appreciate any feed back and their thoughts on the questions.

thank you all
May 11, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
samy816 wrote:
May 9th, 2018 10:21 am
Thanks so much for the reply, I understand that CSMLS does not upload sample exams, however I was wondering if any one who has previously taken the exam has taken the initiative of gathering the questions , I think her weakest area for example is Hemato, and if there is any one here who has recently taken the exam I would really appreciate any feed back and their thoughts on the questions.

thank you all
You sign a confidentiality agreement when you write the exam. If you're found sharing questions they can revoke your license so you're going to have a hard time finding questions.
May 6, 2018
3 posts
14MLTgrad wrote:
May 9th, 2018 10:26 am
You sign a confidentiality agreement when you write the exam. If you're found sharing questions they can revoke your license so you're going to have a hard time finding questions.
thanks again for taking the time, I didn't know that was the case, how about the general difficulty of the exam , my wife actually has 10+ years of lab work experience, do you think it will make it all that much easier for her
May 11, 2017
28 posts
10 upvotes
samy816 wrote:
May 9th, 2018 11:30 am
thanks again for taking the time, I didn't know that was the case, how about the general difficulty of the exam , my wife actually has 10+ years of lab work experience, do you think it will make it all that much easier for her
Not sure. They test you on theory which a lot of people forget after working for a number of years.
May 21, 2018
2 posts
Hello,

So I’m thinking of applying for Medical Lab Sciences at Michener next year. I’m currently at Ryerson for my Biology degree and I already graduated from Seneca for Biotechnology. In both post secondary schools, my marks are good but my high school marks are pretty bad. Does anyone know if they take my post secondary marks into consideration or do they only look at high school marks? Thanks!
May 21, 2018
2 posts
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if Michener only looks at high school marks. I’m getting my degree in Biology right now and I already graduated from Seneca for Biotechnology, and my marks are all good but not so much my high school marks. Hope someone can advise.