Students

Michener Institute - Med Lab Tech

Jan 31, 2018
1 posts
Hi everyone. So I tried to get in Med lab science/technologist of Mitchener last year but I failed the MMI :(. So I'm applying for Med lab technician program in Centennial College but my goal is to become a technologist. I heard that all the courses there are accredited by CMLTO so is it possible to become a med lab technologist starting as a technician?
Oct 21, 2014
59 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lance1412 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 1:31 pm
Hi everyone. So I tried to get in Med lab science/technologist of Mitchener last year but I failed the MMI :(. So I'm applying for Med lab technician program in Centennial College but my goal is to become a technologist. I heard that all the courses there are accredited by CMLTO so is it possible to become a med lab technologist starting as a technician?
Don't waste your time. Apply to all the colleges that offer Med lab, not just Michener.
May 11, 2017
13 posts
4 upvotes
Lance1412 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 1:31 pm

No. You need to take an accredited Technologist program to become a Technologist. Michener, St.Clair, St.Lawrence, Cambrian and UOIT in Ontario.
Feb 6, 2018
1 posts
Costanza99 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:47 pm
Hi. I've been looking through Michener's MLT program and I'm contemplating applying for next year. I have a BASc in Public Health from Ryerson but it's been difficult getting anything so far, so I've been thinking of going back to school. Can anyone share how the job market is after graduation for MLT's? Do you usually find work pretty soon at Hospitals/labs? Indeed seems to have a modest amount of positions available.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I'm from Toronto btw.

Hi, I’m a recent graduate who also did public Health at Ryerson! Did you end up going into med lab?
Feb 7, 2018
1 posts
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if an 84% high school average and a 2.8 cgpa is decent enough to get an interview from Michener for Med lab.