Art and Photography

Micron, the parent company of memory card-maker Lexar, announced that it is ending its Lexar removable storage business

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2017 7:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
2765 posts
4479 upvotes
Laval

Micron, the parent company of memory card-maker Lexar, announced that it is ending its Lexar removable storage business

Time to stock up if you like the Lexar memory

https://improvephotography.com/47054/le ... ards-know/
remember to give credit to the O.P if your going to repost it on reddit > bapcsalescanada
5 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
11493 posts
4742 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
No really too weird as the removable storage business has really become a low margin business (even when compared to the normal memory market).

The story is actually poorly written as it seems that they aren't closing Lexar but putting it up for sale which after the sale, the name brand may end but would probably live on under new ownership.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11853 posts
5933 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I expect an added kick to their sales as lifetime warranties for their premium cards won't be honored anymore
Jul 12, 2010
450 posts
72 upvotes
briefly reading it .. seems like it makes sense for them to just focus on corporate memory sales with amazon and FB/ Google. I hope we can get some clearance deals. I did pick up a bunch of 16gb for $10 each off wal-mart ... The major reason was that it included a USB 3.0 micro sd to USB adaptor which cost like 7 bucks alone and saves me time.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1055 posts
233 upvotes
MARKHAM
Someone please let me know when the Amazon.ca Lexar sale begins lol.