Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Microsoft] MS Office 2016 Pro $13 only! Mac and Windows Versions

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2017 2:14 pm
Apr 13, 2016
212 posts
108 upvotes
Hi guys,

I want to purchase this badly but my @Rogers.com e-mail is not working. It's asking for the promo code.

Is there any way I can still get this?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 26, 2002
9742 posts
2826 upvotes
Toronto, ON
snipzy wrote:
Dec 29th, 2016 1:51 pm
Hi guys,

I want to purchase this badly but my @Rogers.com e-mail is not working. It's asking for the promo code.

Is there any way I can still get this?
I don't think so. For a while, just having a @rogers.com account would work without needing a program code but they soon put an end to that by enabling the requirement for a program code. Unless you're actually working for Rogers and have access to the program code, I think you're SOL.
Mar 24, 2008
75 posts
26 upvotes
Richmond
Reaching out to see if anyone has the program code for @alumni.ubc.ca.

I had activated Office 2016 for Mac back in Oct 2015 but I just purchased a Windows PC so I need a Windows license now.
Dec 11, 2016
4 posts
Can confirm Cegep Heritage emails work. Actually I got mine free over a year ago and it's still working great.
Jun 12, 2010
286 posts
57 upvotes
YVR
chamcent wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 9:09 pm
Reaching out to see if anyone has the program code for @alumni.ubc.ca.

I had activated Office 2016 for Mac back in Oct 2015 but I just purchased a Windows PC so I need a Windows license now.
in for this as well...... hrm.
Dec 20, 2016
7 posts
2 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2016 7:39 am
I don't think so. For a while, just having a @rogers.com account would work without needing a program code but they soon put an end to that by enabling the requirement for a program code. Unless you're actually working for Rogers and have access to the program code, I think you're SOL.
i can confirm that you need a program code. my cousin works for Rogers, she entered her work email and it didn't work, she had to wait for the code before she got this.
Feb 24, 2014
81 posts
27 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP just used my work address and it worked! (WorleyParsons for anyone that's wondering)
Jan 13, 2017
3 posts
Anyone else having issues with the website? I can't seem to get page to load properly. I submitted my email and received a confirmation that I am eligible. When I click the link in the email it takes me to the hup page but the bottom half does not seem to load.

TIA
Jan 13, 2017
3 posts
Anyone else have issues with the site? I received the email from them but when I click it, it takes me to a page that doesn't load properly.
Thanks!
Nov 24, 2012
281 posts
158 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Funnypankz wrote:
Jan 15th, 2017 9:53 am
Anyone else have issues with the site? I received the email from them but when I click it, it takes me to a page that doesn't load properly.
Thanks!
Are you encountering the same issue with other Microsoft pages? If so, do you use uBlock or a similar ad-blocking extension? I was having issues connecting to Microsoft sites until I disabled uBlock for their pages.
Jan 13, 2017
3 posts
tvisforme wrote:
Jan 15th, 2017 7:38 pm
Are you encountering the same issue with other Microsoft pages? If so, do you use uBlock or a similar ad-blocking extension? I was having issues connecting to Microsoft sites until I disabled uBlock for their pages.
Nope, the other pages seem to work fine. This is the only one with an issue. I have tried in chrome, edge, my phone and another computer, none of them seem to work.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2237 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto
JWL wrote:
Dec 30th, 2010 12:41 pm
Doesn't work for 2016

@uwindsor.ca
my @uwindsor.ca email now works (I was able to cart it and got all the way to the payment confirmation page)
no program code needed

hasn't worked in 2015 or a few months ago when I tried
I'm a full-time grad student

although current UWindsor students already get free subscription to office 365 (Edu licence) for up to 5 devices.

HUP may be useful for those who don't qualify for the 365 sub (i.e. part-time students/progams, or other staff/faculty members).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
7804 posts
711 upvotes
damn it worked last year and now asking for program code.

what happen if i install on 2 systems?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2237 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 1:36 pm
damn it worked last year and now asking for program code.

what happen if i install on 2 systems?
the 2nd may not activate at all
or
the 2nd may initially activate, then days/weeks/months later you will get a message that you have more than the allowed active installs
and will prompt you to enter a new key or will be deactivated in a number of days.
or
nothing may happen and you continue to use both in "violation"

personally, the second one happened to me a few years ago
after like a month of 2 installs using the same key