Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8084 posts
742 upvotes
Fightguard wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 1:54 pm
the 2nd may not activate at all
or
the 2nd may initially activate, then days/weeks/months later you will get a message that you have more than the allowed active installs
or
nothing may happen and you continue to use both in "violation"

personally, the second one happened to me a few years ago
after like a month of 2 installs using the same key
but what happen if i format my HDD and reinstall?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2304 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 1:58 pm
but what happen if i format my HDD and reinstall?
no issue with that.
as long as the key is not being used simultaneously by more than 1 system
as there is a sort of online "check-in" process that happens.
don't know how it works exactly but if different systems are actively "checking-in" using the same key, they will get flagged by MS.
Unless the 2nd system stays strictly offline (but who does that?)
Last edited by Fightguard on Jan 16th, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8084 posts
742 upvotes
Fightguard wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 2:04 pm
no issue with that.
as long as the key is not being used simultaneously by more than 1 system
as there is a sort of online "check-in" process that happens.
don't know how it works exactly but if different systems are actively "checking-in" using the same key, it will get flagged by MS.
Unless the 2nd system stays strictly offline (but who does that?)
oh..so as long as not using it "simultaneously"

LOL..ok
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1985 posts
8 upvotes
Is there a way to download the iso for the Windows and Mac versions of Office 2016?
It seems to only download a smaller install file.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20111 posts
3035 upvotes
Waterloo
So my work email worked, but led to a blank page. According to Google result, one said it's because the Employer didn't renew with MS

Tried my alumni uwaterloo.ca email, got it right away and worked, yes!
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3850 posts
348 upvotes
Montreal
Didn't renew or also may have run out of licenses allotted to uwaterloo. That's what happened in my case.
Phils
Nov 24, 2012
322 posts
176 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 9:40 am
Google is your best friend.
From what I found, it's not all that easy to download the ISOs. The only solution I've come across so far involves using the "offline download" feature for the business deployment installer. Do you have a better solution, or perhaps a hint as to what you found with our mutual friend Google?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20111 posts
3035 upvotes
Waterloo
tvisforme wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 5:40 pm
From what I found, it's not all that easy to download the ISOs. The only solution I've come across so far involves using the "offline download" feature for the business deployment installer. Do you have a better solution, or perhaps a hint as to what you found with our mutual friend Google?
You also have to match the ISO to your key though
I had downloaded & installed unactivated Office 2016 Pro, but somehow I couldn't activate it with my HUP key
so I had to uninstall and re-installed using the web installer
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1028 posts
484 upvotes
tvisforme wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 5:40 pm
Instead of Google, it would be more useful to search this thread instead. People asked the same question several times in the past, and links for "unofficial" iso downloads were mentioned several times.
Most recently, just four pages back:
ms-office-2016-pro-13-only-mac-windows- ... #p27083874
ms-office-2016-pro-13-only-mac-windows- ... #p23875891
Nov 24, 2012
322 posts
176 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
ahoroba wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2017 9:30 am
Instead of Google, it would be more useful to search this thread instead. People asked the same question several times in the past, and links for "unofficial" iso downloads were mentioned several times.
Most recently, just four pages back:
ms-office-2016-pro-13-only-mac-windows- ... #p27083874
ms-office-2016-pro-13-only-mac-windows- ... #p23875891
Yes, but as you have also stated, that is not an official source. The writing on the page certainly does not inspire confidence as to its authenticity:

"Click on below button to start Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus download 32 64 Bit ISO Free Download. This is complete offline installer and standalone setup..."

There's no indication that this download is even safe, let alone legitimate. If I may quote your own response immediately following the initial post linking to this questionable site:

"It might be the same iso downloaded from MSDN, but you cannot say that "it seems legit". By offering the file for download, getintopc.com is clearly in violation of the terms imposed by Microsoft to its MSDN members. In this thread, RFD users expressed their want/need for a genuine ISO downloadable from a Microsoft server, not for a bootleg posted on a website maintained by some chick named Fatima Afridi (although I appreciate what she is doing there)."

As you stated at that time, RFD members (including myself) are looking for an official source, not a pirated copy.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1028 posts
484 upvotes
As user Prestox mentioned in his post, the hash of the iso downloaded from the <getintopc.com> is the same as the the one for the iso offered by Microsoft to its MSDN members. It is a digital copy of the original iso.
I personally performed parallel installs with the setup.exe stub and with the the iso downloaded from the <getintopc.com> and I got identical installations.
I have resigned myself to the idea that Microsoft might never make the official iso available to the public; this makes me feel cheated a bit, because I paid $13 for a legitimate key and I feel that I am entitled to get a legitimate offline installer iso with my key.
In the end, it boils down to pragmatism: for backup purposes, I am fine with any iso that works and that will allow me to re-install MSO 2016 at any point in the future, even when Microsoft's servers are down.
If, at any point in the future, Microsoft releases the official iso to the public, I will definitely download it.
Oct 2, 2015
319 posts
102 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Just going to bump this thread so people stop buying fake/pirated keys off eBay. For the same amount of money they could get an official one directly from Microsoft :)
Apr 13, 2017
172 posts
51 upvotes
Burnaby
I have a interchange UBC account, I don't get the "email me code" link. Any ideas?

Edit: Turns out they discontinued interchange and I was forced to sign up for alumni account. It doesn't work yet =(
Jun 1, 2016
477 posts
302 upvotes
Just bought two using the same email. Can confirm because I received two different product keys upon completion.

Open up two browsers (I used Chrome and Edge). Fill out all the pages until the last step.

Click "purchase" on one browser and wait for the transaction to go through. Then click "purchase" on the second browser.
Having trouble setting up the Koodo $49 6gb plan yourself? DON'T PAY THE KIJIJI GUYS, I'll help you for FREE
Aug 1, 2007
480 posts
22 upvotes
Any Rogers email users on here willing to share there organization's program code? If so, can you please PM me? I'm looking to purchase Visio & Project.

Cheers!