Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Microsoft offering up to $150 off all Xbox One S bundles until Dec. 24 at multiple retailers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2017 11:09 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1824 posts
591 upvotes
Atillathepun wrote: Well .... the menus are pretty slow, but tolerable. The OG ps4 isn't exactly super responsive in that regard either. The big thing is exclusives. I bought it thinking PubG would be the killer app, well we know how that went down. Forza - I don't play racers. Halo - maybe, I def enjoy halo wars, it's the one RTS on console that makes sense. But beyond that, I'm not entirely sure why I bought it lol. Also it flickers on my Vizio M - no **** clue why. Maybe vizio has some shit firmware...
What's wrong with PUBG? Only game I would be interested in playing.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2705 posts
1197 upvotes
Calgary
ANONYT wrote: I heard consoles are 30fps locked , is it noticeable ? Compared
Xbox X can run some enhanced xbox games at 60FPS at 1080p and some of their exclusive games at 60FPS at 4k.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
Atillathepun wrote: Well .... the menus are pretty slow, but tolerable. The OG ps4 isn't exactly super responsive in that regard either. The big thing is exclusives. I bought it thinking PubG would be the killer app, well we know how that went down. Forza - I don't play racers. Halo - maybe, I def enjoy halo wars, it's the one RTS on console that makes sense. But beyond that, I'm not entirely sure why I bought it lol. Also it flickers on my Vizio M - no **** clue why. Maybe vizio has some shit firmware...
I've had a One S and now the One X connected to a Vizo M55 and I experience no flicker, mine is the 2015 model. I would think there must be an issue with your TV (or console) or as you said, the firmware that is triggering the flicker with your Xbox.
Nov 9, 2017
97 posts
192 upvotes
ihacki wrote: How is the 4K HDR gaming/video performance for the One S? Is this good time to get in with One S, or is it better to wait for One X to become cheaper?

I find $100 for 500GB extra storage too steep price to pay. Any recommendations on after market hard drives? Or is external USB drive how young people do it these days?
I recently upgraded both my tv and Xbox to a 900e and x1x and it's amazing for games. So beautiful, even ones not necessarily updated yet. The S has great hdr and the media features in 4K but not games, so I'd say if you like games, think about the X. That said, it's not going to get cheaper soon, so If you can afford it now if say it's worth paying the price for the year or so of use before it is discounted significantly.

As for drives, I used an external on my original X1 and just plugged it into the new machine and had all my games ready to go. I use Western Digital exclusively (I use a lot of drives for work) but others could probably recommend other manufacturers and be right too because chances are they'll work fine.
Feb 17, 2009
72 posts
33 upvotes
Off topic kinda: The most fascinating thing about RFD video game forum to me is the perspective of people who are genuinely not fanboys talking about consoles. This thread is better than most reviews on Amazon in terms of talking about the drawbacks the XB1 has faced from the start such as bad menus, lack of games, performance lag and other strange glitches. This place is all about value for money and sometimes that's the perspective you need...