Microsoft Office 365 ebay "deals"

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2019 10:45 pm
[OP]
Mar 17, 2006
458 posts
159 upvotes

Microsoft Office 365 ebay "deals"

I want to upgrade my Windows 10 install from 32bit to 64 bit. I noticed my Office version is 2007 (don't have the CD to re-install it). I realized I can't even download it from Microsoft for my clean install since it is no longer supported.
Browsing on ebay, I noticed quite a few sellers offering Office 365 for around 5$ (lifetime account). What am I missing? They claim it's authentic, and Microsoft even offers support for these products. I don't mind risk losing the 5$, just don't want to do anything illegal.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2810 posts
432 upvotes
Are you sure they selling office 365? Office 365 is usually subscription office. For $5 it's a killer deal!! But I'm pretty sure it's fake. But if it works or doesn't who cares for $5. Please note there's no such thing as life time for office 365. They sell you subscription either for 1 year or monthly. And they have one for 1 device or one 5 devices.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
1996 posts
877 upvotes
Saint John
Just buy one of the eBay Office 2019 Pro Plus keys. I bought three and they all activated fine. I've bought lots of sketchy MS keys and never had a problem with anything deactivating. They might not activate again in a year if you reinstall Windows, but for $5-6 you can just buy another one.
Jun 21, 2008
406 posts
89 upvotes
mississauga
if you work for a qualifying employer, the microsoft hup might be for you. right now office 2019 is going for $20
Jun 5, 2010
684 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
I would not trust a microsoft office 365 for $5. There's always a catch.

jensen1 is right regarding looking into microsoft hup. It's great if you work for a big employer that makes you eligible. I have a friend who works at a hospital, and they got an email saying they qualified. So they were able to download it for themselves.

I personally, pay for Office 365 Home. If you make use of certain features, and can find it discounted, it's a good deal. The 1TB of One Drive space is important to me for automatically backing up photos from my phone. The cost alone for this feature is comparable to Apple/Google's options. And since lets me use Office for 6 users, I can have it set up for myself, my wife, my parents, etc.
Dec 24, 2012
132 posts
22 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
quite a few people bought the ebay office 2019 license and expiry in 1 month, and the license was preview version, which is even in pre-alpha stage, not even close to beta version.

I tried last month as first try ebay, and ended up that I joined the HUP and got the official version without even need any key generator (cracked version.)