Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft] Microsoft Store - Asus VivoTab RT $399

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2013 9:43 pm
Nov 28, 2009
178 posts
21 upvotes
Don't start that again. This is a hot price, I was wondering why they didn't drop it for Black Friday. I wouldn't expect the price to go lower than this even for a Boxing Day sale.
Oct 18, 2012
80 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Yragorn wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:06 pm
Ugh, Y u no store in montreal... :(
Quebec is a nightmare for businesses to enter.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
1564 posts
230 upvotes
Montreal
well then, i'll be moving out of QC once i graduate from university...
Dec 12, 2003
654 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. I picked up 2 at 399. Windows on a tablet+keyboard+usb port+extra battery...mmmm...more productivity than Android or iOS. I know it's not x86 which is obviously better, but it's also not $1000.

Customer rep in store said once it's sold out at this price, it will be back to the regular $599.
Dec 3, 2009
463 posts
83 upvotes
Etobicoke
While its a great deal and my first reaction was to get one, I thought about it and I don't want or need this device.

I want a Surface like design and I need a Surface Pro x86 based tablet... So my choice is pretty obvious.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2008
44 posts
10 upvotes
disolitude wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:53 pm
While its a great deal and my first reaction was to get one, I thought about it and I don't want or need this device.

I want a Surface like design and I need a Surface Pro x86 based tablet... So my choice is pretty obvious.
That was my thought initially mainly because I wanted it for work, but then I thought why pay double for a pro device when this may be sufficient... Because of this I made the purchase knowing I have till Jan 31 to return it if it doesn't meet my work needs.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2633 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
Why no Store in Ottawa? :cry:
Sep 20, 2011
49 posts
toronto
So the only store selling this in Toronto is the MS store? Any opportunities for PM?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2608 posts
432 upvotes
Montreal
Seems like a pretty fair review here: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/26/asus ... rt-review/

Those who are concerned about running old x86 apps might want to take note of this comment from the review: "Really, though, we imagine the only x86 app many consumers want is Office, which comes installed on every Windows RT tablet, anyway.".

I haven't tried this device, but I have tried the Surface. For me, one of the greatest advantages over other tablets is that Windows RT supports multiple user accounts. This means that if you are going to share this then your wife and kids can have their own accounts on it, with their own settings ... just like in Windows. Also, it can sync settings with Win 8 Pro. So I run Win 8 Pro/Office 2013 on my desktop and as soon as I logged in to the Surface with this account my desktop most settings were synced - browser favourites/remembered passwords, the recent documents list from the Office apps were populated (the ones I'd opened from my desktop), etc. Amazing how quickly you became productive on this "new" device (once you get past all the updates, lol).

-GT
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Looks like I will be hitting Yorkdale store tomorrow. This is perfect. :)
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
TheRed wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 7:07 pm
Soon to be 99
I wonder if it will be cheaper in US. Does anyone know if this tablet comes with proper english keyboard or bilingual crap?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
6971 posts
653 upvotes
GT!! wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 10:26 pm
Seems like a pretty fair review here: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/26/asus ... rt-review/

Those who are concerned about running old x86 apps might want to take note of this comment from the review: "Really, though, we imagine the only x86 app many consumers want is Office, which comes installed on every Windows RT tablet, anyway.".

I haven't tried this device, but I have tried the Surface. For me, one of the greatest advantages over other tablets is that Windows RT supports multiple user accounts. This means that if you are going to share this then your wife and kids can have their own accounts on it, with their own settings ... just like in Windows. Also, it can sync settings with Win 8 Pro. So I run Win 8 Pro/Office 2013 on my desktop and as soon as I logged in to the Surface with this account my desktop most settings were synced - browser favourites/remembered passwords, the recent documents list from the Office apps were populated (the ones I'd opened from my desktop), etc. Amazing how quickly you became productive on this "new" device (once you get past all the updates, lol).

-GT
Really ? Same argument that for many consumers, OpenOffice or google/microsoft's online version is more than enough.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2008
44 posts
10 upvotes
andriykoua wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 10:29 pm
I wonder if it will be cheaper in US. Does anyone know if this tablet comes with proper english keyboard or bilingual crap?
Looks like it the proper English keyboard
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
inn0c3nt wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 10:36 pm
Looks like it the proper English keyboard
Awesome, can you please post the picture of the keyboard? How are you liking the tablet?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2633 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
chimp wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 10:31 pm
Really ? Same argument that for many consumers, OpenOffice or google/microsoft's online version is more than enough.
I agree, I use OpenOffice OfficeSuite on my TF101 and it works just as good. I barely use MS Word on Notebook anymore since I type all my notes on my Tablet.
× < >