Tags:
None
Dec 10, 2013
57 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
redflagdeal101 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 9:11 pm
I know it is too late to post this as Yorkdale must be closed by now - (9:05PM Jan 2, the last day of MS boxing week; I don't use tablet or cell phone with browser etc on the go so I had to wait until I got home to post this), but YD has the Dell XPS 12 $699.00 in stock this evening (but the A59 promo code is a no).
I recall reading somebody asking about XPS 12 and 15z restock but I couldn't find that thread so I post here. The point: next time probably should keep on trying, it might say oos but the store might restock.
DAMNIT! I would of soooo went there right now if they werent closing in 13 mins! So pissed!!!!! Why couldnt they extend the sale to a New Years sale?! I wonder when their next sale will be. Probably not this month :(
Dec 13, 2013
467 posts
17 upvotes
Ontario
L3GITCHAMP wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 9:18 pm
DAMNIT! I would of soooo went there right now if they werent closing in 13 mins! So pissed!!!!!
I am really sorry I couldn't post earlier L3GITCHAMP, I do recognize your screen name as the one who was interested in those 2 machines.
When they told me they had it, I wished I could post right away ...
Dec 10, 2013
57 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
redflagdeal101 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 9:24 pm
I am really sorry I couldn't post earlier L3GITCHAMP, I do recognize your screen name as the one who was interested in those 2 machines.
When they told me they had it, I wished I could post right away ...
No worries dude. Theres always going to be another sale. Thanks for posting this though, I really appreciate it! I actually called Eaton today and they said they dont know if they have any nor can they check... Since I had no luck with Eaton I thought it was going to be the same with Yorkdale :\ BTW when did you go there? 9:05pm? It really sucks that today is the last day as well!
Dec 13, 2013
467 posts
17 upvotes
Ontario
L3GITCHAMP wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 9:31 pm
No worries dude. Theres always going to be another sale. Thanks for posting this though, I really appreciate it! I actually called Eaton today and they said they dont know if they have any nor can they check... Since I had no luck with Eaton I thought it was going to be the same with Yorkdale :\ BTW when did you go there? 9:05pm? It really sucks that today is the last day as well!
I was there around 6:30 PM, but it was a long way home (subway, buses, you name it). I turned on my PC right away as soon as I got home and saw 8:47PM!!!!!
Dec 10, 2013
57 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
redflagdeal101 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 9:35 pm
I was there around 6:30 PM, but it was a long way home (subway, buses, you name it). I turned on my PC right away as soon as I got home and saw 8:47PM!!!!!
Damn. Hopefully there will be a sale soon with the same price! Id go to the store right away! Better luck next time.
Apr 4, 2006
417 posts
20 upvotes
sonick wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 4:23 pm
Anybody get their $25 app store credit from online yet?
Still waiting for mine.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2002
1123 posts
175 upvotes
i was at Yorkdale at 5pm, and they were sold out of the $699 Dell XPS at Yorkdale Mall's Microsoft store. They did have a few of the $499 Acer Aspire V5 Intel i5 machines available in stock though.
Jul 11, 2013
202 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdeal101 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 9:11 pm
I know it is too late to post this as Yorkdale must be closed by now - (9:05PM Jan 2, the last day of MS boxing week; I don't use tablet or cell phone with browser etc on the go so I had to wait until I got home to post this), but YD has the Dell XPS 12 $699.00 in stock this evening (but the A59 promo code is a no).
I recall reading somebody asking about XPS 12 and 15z restock but I couldn't find that thread so I post here. The point: next time probably should keep on trying, it might say oos but the store might restock.
Really? I was there at 5pm and they said there was no stock of the XPS 12. I was trying to exchange my defective one. They said they had a shipment of laptops come in this afternoon but the shipment did not include the XPS 12. Told me to come back in a couple of days for the exchange. Probably lying because they did not want word to get out at 5pm that the store had the laptops back in stock and be required to sell them at the discounted price. Anyway, that is irritating since I likely will have to make another trip to Yorkdale unless the Eaton Centre location gets a batch of XPS 12.
Dec 13, 2013
467 posts
17 upvotes
Ontario
Pleas wait!!!
I went to YD to look for a XPS 12 Ultrabook™ Touch 256GB SSD $1299 but they didn't have it, they told me they only had the XPS 12 128GB $699 (I just heard and believed them).
I didn't buy the $699, I was not interested so I didn't ask more or say anything.
Do you think they might have been mistaken about this, i.e. didn't check carefully the stock of XPS 12 128GB $699?
I hope this was the case, that would be better than people being disappointed.
Jul 11, 2013
202 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdeal101 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 10:41 pm
I went to YD to look for a XPS 12 Ultrabook™ Touch 256GB SSD $1299 but they didn't have it, they told me they only had the XPS 12 128GB $699 (I just heard and believed them).
I didn't buy the $699, I was not interested so I didn't ask more or say anything.
Do you think they might have been mistaken about this, i.e. didn't check carefully the stock of XPS 12 128GB $699?
I don't know. The strange thing is, when I called this morning to ask about stock levels for an exchange, they told me that the store only had the XPS 12 i7, 256gb SSD units left. They then told me about the afternoon shipment of laptops. Later when I dropped by the store, they insisted they did not have the XPS 12 i5, 128gb.
Dec 10, 2013
57 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
Hmm... pretty weird! I think they just have stock but just wanted to save it after the sale ends.
Dec 10, 2013
57 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
I just check their website and it looks like they have a another sale called "SALE" fpr all the lefr overs. Does that mean that the stores have have the item instock will have the same price as the OOS items on their website?
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3801 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
The XPS12 is very well built. A lovely machine. I'm very impressed.

On to Windows 8. Is Microsoft serious here? It really feels like a joke. It definitely has a steep learning curve to it, but I'm not sure it's even worth putting in the effort to master this new OS. I try to find an app for a program I often use and it doesn't exist. Evernote touch absolutely sucks! No official gmail app.

It just doesn't feel right investing time into this OS right now. It feels...unfinished.

Unless I fall deeply in love with Win8 in the next couple of days. This thing is going back.
Proud supporter of Tour for Kids and Ride for Karen!

Come chat live with other RFD'ers on IRC! #redflagdeals on EFNet!

Peace!
Sep 24, 2012
347 posts
30 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Pro wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2014 3:13 am

On to Windows 8. Is Microsoft serious here? It really feels like a joke. It definitely has a steep learning curve to it, but I'm not sure it's even worth putting in the effort to master this new OS. I try to find an app for a program I often use and it doesn't exist. Evernote touch absolutely sucks! No official gmail app.

It just doesn't feel right investing time into this OS right now. It feels...unfinished.

Unless I fall deeply in love with Win8 in the next couple of days. This thing is going back.
Buddy you can put pirated win7 on it...google mydigitallife
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3566 posts
560 upvotes
Hamilton
Pro wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2014 3:13 am

also, the scrolling on it is just off...
Two finger scroll of web pages, and it just jumps the opposite way on me VERY often. ie: 1 out of 5 scroll attempts.
I tried re-positioning my fingers trying to be precise, too precise even. Still does it. Almost wondering if it's a defect. But I feel it is Windows.
This is on xps12. Machine is VERY nice though. Wish I can hackintosh it!