Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4540 posts
192 upvotes
Vancity
skidragoon wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 12:52 pm
Did they give u a call yet? My case was escalated on the. 3rd lol
Ya I did a live chat and mine was escalated to 3rd level or something yesterday.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2012
1924 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
I am still waiting for the GC and so I did a live chat..

I placed 2 orders... 1st one was supposed to be cancelled coz I forgot to go through Airmiles.. but they couldn't cancel so my friend decided to take it but then he got another laptop so I gave the extra laptop to fellow RFDer..

So, I inquired about GCs on live chat the rep first said that my order was cancelled so I will not receive the laptop or the GC.. and when I said, I already received the laptop and waiting for GC, he changed his answer and said that my order was not eligible for the offer as the offer already ended when I placed my order! (on 24th December) So, I sent him the following terms and condition showing the date:
"*Valid 12/1/2013 until 12/28/2013, or while supplies last. Available in select Microsoft retail stores and online in US (including Puerto Rico) and Canada. Customer must purchase qualifying device(s) with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 (or Windows RT) OS with a touch screen."

So, then he said, my item does not qualify for the promo.. LMAO..

Then, he asked if my receipt says anything about $25 GC... (WTF.. I don't think anyone's receipt says anything about $25 GC)

What a lame ***** excuses..

And then he stopped answering question about GC and asked me if he can help me with anything else..

So, I decided to call... The rep on phone, told me that my 1st order shows as cancelled/waiting refund and 2nd order says "Open" and that means not completed according to their system...

And when I told her that I received all my laptops, she kept asking me that (At least 5 times) that But Did you receive your laptops, sir?

So after repeating myself 5 times, I flipped so she started apologizing and told me that she will escalate this case to 2nd level.. LOL..

MS Store customer service sucks BIG TIME!!

Btw, what are my options if they don't give out the GCs? Credit Card Disputes?? and How would that work?
----
May 18, 2009
424 posts
44 upvotes
Winnipeg
mucat wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 11:13 am
Has anyone upgraded their XPS12 to windows 8.1 yet? Any problems?
I finally got mine after UPS failed to deliver it for 10 days while it was here in WInnipeg.

Anyhow, when I upgrade to 8.1, the display in desktop looked all fuzzy. I found a slider for text in the "Display" setting which fixed the issue, but I don't know what the default setting was before I upgraded. Anyone know?
Jul 11, 2013
198 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
risktaker84 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 10:58 am
I have till Sunday to return my XPS 12, a lot of people are complaining about the Image retention. I Honestly haven't seen anything for the past 2 weeks, but I am going to try to focus in on that today. Otherwise it's a great device for the price.
5 to 6 minutes on this test screen (http://www.marco.org/rmbp-irtest.html) at 50% brightness was enough for image retention to show on both my units (along all 4 edge of the screen). Based on what I have read, the IR problem is first most pronounced around the 4 edges of the screen in the beginning so run the test in full screen mode. I find that a gray background makes the image retention more pronounced.

Anyway, good luck, It is a great machine and I would have kept it if I had confidence that Dell would fix this problem in the near future. Someone on the Dell forum said that LG is the only IPS panel manufacturer that makes 12.5 inch FHD screens, and LG does not yet seem to have fixed the problem. The faulty screens on the Apple MacBook Pros with image retention have also been traced to LG.

Oh well, there will always be another sale and something new around the corner... the Asus transformer Duet looks interesting....
Apr 4, 2006
414 posts
19 upvotes
BoredAccountant wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 9:31 pm
5 to 6 minutes on this test screen (http://www.marco.org/rmbp-irtest.html) at 50% brightness was enough for image retention to show on both my units (along all 4 edge of the screen). Based on what I have read, the IR problem is first most pronounced around the 4 edges of the screen in the beginning so run the test in full screen mode. I find that a gray background makes the image retention more pronounced.

Anyway, good luck, It is a great machine and I would have kept it if I had confidence that Dell would fix this problem in the near future. Someone on the Dell forum said that LG is the only IPS panel manufacturer that makes 12.5 inch FHD screens, and LG does not yet seem to have fixed the problem. The faulty screens on the Apple MacBook Pros with image retention have also been traced to LG.

Oh well, there will always be another sale and something new around the corner... the Asus transformer Duet looks interesting....
This test is causing more damage to my eyes than the screen. I can still see the checkers with my eyes closed. :cry:
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3932 posts
1518 upvotes
Toronto
OK WTF is going on with the 15z..........................im seriously pissed now
Deal Addict
May 26, 2008
1266 posts
377 upvotes
Thornhill
BoredAccountant wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 9:31 pm

Yea I tried the test screen for 10 mins and your right. The image retention is definitely there. I am in the same boat as you, hearing out people around the web who have owned the device for a year now say it only gets worse over time. I honestly don't want to take that chance on Dell or LG finding a fix, rather return it now and wait for the next best thing at a affordable price.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted. :(
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3317 posts
405 upvotes
Hamilton
I'm returning my $699 xps to M$.
Nothing to do with ir issues or anything like that. I got a Macbook Air.
I've used it 2-3 times ( 1 hr each time?) but back in box it shows no use.
So it can go to an RFD member for COST or the store.
PM if you want it with number I can txt.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1403 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
randomkidx wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 10:54 pm
OK WTF is going on with the 15z..........................im seriously pissed now
Yeah this is brutal, ordered on the 24th, 18 days later no contact from MS at all...
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1356 posts
164 upvotes
Woodbridge
skidragoon wrote:
Jan 11th, 2014 3:13 pm
Yeah this is brutal, ordered on the 24th, 18 days later no contact from MS at all...
same. at least provide an estimated date range.
Dec 18, 2004
184 posts
71 upvotes
Dartmouth
Anyone know when the 15z will be available? Too long to wait for a boxing day special!
Mar 4, 2010
27 posts
10 upvotes
Just got to live chat with them regarding that 15z I still don't have. They told me that Dell doesn't manufacture this model anymore and that they don't have any stock. So they are not expecting to get more. That they were sorry but couldn't help me much more about this. :(
Well. Good thing is that I got the 25$ e-mail today but since I only have a Windows XP pc, I don't know what to do with it. Willing to sell it for 20$ if anyone is interested please PM me.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3932 posts
1518 upvotes
Toronto
regdur wrote:
Jan 13th, 2014 9:23 pm
Just got to live chat with them regarding that 15z I still don't have. They told me that Dell doesn't manufacture this model anymore and that they don't have any stock. So they are not expecting to get more. That they were sorry but couldn't help me much more about this. :(
Well. Good thing is that I got the 25$ e-mail today but since I only have a Windows XP pc, I don't know what to do with it. Willing to sell it for 20$ if anyone is interested please PM me.
W
T
F

Man microsoft should offer us a credit or something this is beyond unacceptable how people who ordered after us received their laptop.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5349 posts
629 upvotes
Calgary
regdur wrote:
Jan 13th, 2014 9:23 pm
That to me sounds like a bunch of bull. What do they mean by not manufacturing anymore? Those are computers, not arts.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1403 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
I am going to live chat now to see if I get the same answer and if this is true I'm just going to save more money and buy an apple, I was extremely loyal to MS but this would be the end.

I just spoke with two reps who didn't mention it being discontinued and said they are waiting on the site for more information. I guess I will wait until Feb before cancelling. I really regret not going to the store on boxing day...