Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Dell XPS 13 9360 touch $999

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2018 3:44 pm
May 4, 2008
92 posts
106 upvotes
potverdomme wrote: Is the Intel Core i5-8250 Processor included in this computer really that much faster than say the 1.8GHz dual-core i5 processor found in a similarly priced Macbook Air? For regular applications etc (Sorry, I somewhat ignorant to this stuff)
The processor itself is a few generations newer and significantly faster. If this results in any observable benefits from a user standpoint depends on your use of the computer.
Oct 4, 2017
140 posts
122 upvotes
I'm still on original 9343. I think I will wait for 9370 sale. They got rid of all USB-A ports and made bezels even thinner which makes it significant enough difference.

Performance wise, if you are using all that quad core power you will be draining battery fast. If this is your only computer and sits at home most of time then yeah it's good buy, otherwise no. I have quad core 13" laptop and while it can go fast, it's not all that practical for portable use; I bring dual core XPS13 with me when going somewhere. Also given same intensive work, fan is significantly louder than desktop so I much prefer to do it on desktop.

quad core desktop
13" quad core laptop
13" dual core XPS13

Between the three, quad core laptop gets least use because it's full of compromises among all.
Feb 23, 2018
1 posts
zevnux wrote: Ordered this over a week ago and it’s still stuck in Pending.
Same thing happened with me. I called customer service and it turns out it was sold out while you completed your order.

My friend bought it the exact same day but a bit earlier and they received the computer in 3 days. Sorry :(
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7312 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
I bought that lenovo flex 5 on boxing day for $700. It is a wonderful machine and that new 8th i5 is an absolute gem. Now knowing that the i5 can do all everything I need it to do and give me 8 hours of batterylife, I would have bought this laptop instead as it is really as close to a dream laptop thus far.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
762 upvotes
Is there any deal on a Pentium laptop? I just need 4 cores and slower clock speed so it doesn't get hot on my laps.
I hated when the heat is excessive while the PC is under load on my laps. 13 inch or smaller please.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
potverdomme wrote: Is the Intel Core i5-8250 Processor included in this computer really that much faster than say the 1.8GHz dual-core i5 processor found in a similarly priced Macbook Air? For regular applications etc (Sorry, I somewhat ignorant to this stuff)
Huge difference, Check this link out
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.ph ... cmp[]=3042
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
freebie10 wrote: I'm still on original 9343. I think I will wait for 9370 sale. They got rid of all USB-A ports and made bezels even thinner which makes it significant enough difference.

Performance wise, if you are using all that quad core power you will be draining battery fast. If this is your only computer and sits at home most of time then yeah it's good buy, otherwise no. I have quad core 13" laptop and while it can go fast, it's not all that practical for portable use; I bring dual core XPS13 with me when going somewhere. Also given same intensive work, fan is significantly louder than desktop so I much prefer to do it on desktop.

quad core desktop
13" quad core laptop
13" dual core XPS13

Between the three, quad core laptop gets least use because it's full of compromises among all.
the 8th Generation cpu's are super efficient, only uses 15watts
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
CollegeGraduate wrote: Is there any deal on a Pentium laptop? I just need 4 cores and slower clock speed so it doesn't get hot on my laps.
I hated when the heat is excessive while the PC is under load on my laps. 13 inch or smaller please.
the 8th Generation cpu's are super efficient, only uses 15watts..you should be able to find good deals on laptop with i5 8250u cpu

here's one from the hot deals section, but no ssd $679
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/microso ... 9-2173656/

here is one with 256gb SSD from bestbuy - openbox $699
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/de ... 94722.aspx?
Oct 4, 2017
140 posts
122 upvotes
FoMoHotDeals wrote: the 8th Generation cpu's are super efficient, only uses 15watts
that is TDP not how many watts processor uses. They are still made on 14nm, same as 5th generation.

Please do not spread misinformation. if you don't know it don't write it.

Even in some magical world, quad core laptop will be significantly louder than desktop when you do intensive tasks. Small fans will have to spin a lot faster to dissipate same amount of heat.
Jul 29, 2010
40 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Microsoft website said they had stock at yordale. Started heading up. decided to call on the way to confirm. on hold for a while. guy answers, but he was not in the store, even though that was listed as the store number. he had no idea about stock. asked if he could transfer me to the store. stayed on hold for a while longer. got hung up on. finally get to the store. no stock. "sorry bro."

Thanks Microsoft.
Sep 23, 2011
760 posts
693 upvotes
LAVAL
How come microsoft store always has vetter deals than dell.ca? Even with all the coupons and rebates
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3427 posts
1901 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Killmassacre wrote: Yes, you can replace the m.2 ssd with a bigger one. I believe the ssd and the battery are the only user replaceable components.
you can also replace the wifi card. only 3 user replaceable components in the 13 inch. in the 15 inch, you can also replace the RAM
Nov 27, 2017
259 posts
434 upvotes
Exact same convo I had just now. They ran out of stock this morning but still says yorkdale has stock on the website. :( Missed out on both Dell deals dammit!
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
gates59 wrote: Be patient and keep looking. It will get back in stock.
Somehow it was in stock after a refresh after i was booted. Hopefully it's honoured.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Apr 13, 2011
133 posts
66 upvotes
freebie10 wrote: that is TDP not how many watts processor uses. They are still made on 14nm, same as 5th generation.

Please do not spread misinformation. if you don't know it don't write it.

Even in some magical world, quad core laptop will be significantly louder than desktop when you do intensive tasks. Small fans will have to spin a lot faster to dissipate same amount of heat.

I bought this for myself last week and undervolting it is pretty easy if it makes a difference to anyone

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)