Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

HOT deals on Laptops + Mixed Reality Headsets

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2019 3:16 pm
Nov 3, 2010
867 posts
816 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] HOT deals on Laptops + Mixed Reality Headsets

Lenovo Y720 w/ i7-7700HQ + GTX 1060 and Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset - $1298!!!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/d ... 9zwf7krstm

Inspiron 15-7577 w/ i5-7300HQ + GTX 1060 and Dell Mixed Reality Headset - $1188!!!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/d ... g0vkx90gbs

Acer Aspire 5 w/ i5-7300HQ + GTX 1050 and Acer Mixed Reality Headset - $898!!!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/d ... 11f3mjn14f
84 replies
May 12, 2007
205 posts
115 upvotes
Managed to place an order for the dell, although I had to try a few times to get it to go through. Thanks op!
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1426 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
Which one outta the 3 is the best buy?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
WTF, why is it OOS already, all three? when did this deal even start?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
PriceHunter wrote: WTF, why is it OOS already, all three? when did this deal even start?
Well, demand exceeded supply, thus creating a shortage.
Judging by the time of the post, I'd guess the deal started before 12:38AM. Perhaps midnight?

Yes, I will be applying to your local police force as a detective.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1074 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
PriceHunter wrote: WTF, why is it OOS already, all three? when did this deal even start?
These 12 days of deals start at 12am Eastern each day.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Konowl wrote: Well, demand exceeded supply, thus creating a shortage.
Judging by the time of the post, I'd guess the deal started before 12:38AM. Perhaps midnight?

Yes, I will be applying to your local police force as a detective.
Thank you dear Sherlock :P, it was less of a question, more of a surprise. Deals when planned for one day should at least be well stocked, not gone in 8 hours. Live chat stated that they might restock during the day, so we will see.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Mar 21, 2013
541 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Holy shit, that lenovo is a great deal. I'm typing this on one right now, paid about that for it not that long ago. Damn.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
knoxyouout wrote: Holy shit, that lenovo is a great deal. I'm typing this on one right now, paid about that for it not that long ago. Damn.
How do you like the laptop? I just got a used 2015 Alienware 17 inch and I'm suprised how good gaming is on these things (Overwatch at 1080P on a laptop at 60FPS blows me away for some reason, must be getting old). Debating getting the Lenovo if it comes back in stock (even though reviews generally complain about the screen).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
PriceHunter wrote: Thank you dear Sherlock :P, it was less of a question, more of a surprise. Deals when planned for one day should at least be well stocked, not gone in 8 hours. Live chat stated that they might restock during the day, so we will see.
No problem. I took the two questions marks as questions, how silly. It's quite common for smoking hot deals to RARELY last more than 8 hours; are you new to RFD? Microsoft store tends to have some pretty smoking deals around this time of year, I wouldn't bank on them lasting long (and the 12AM start time sucks nuts).
Mar 21, 2013
541 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Konowl wrote: How do you like the laptop? I just got a used 2015 Alienware 17 inch and I'm suprised how good gaming is on these things (Overwatch at 1080P on a laptop at 60FPS blows me away for some reason, must be getting old). Debating getting the Lenovo if it comes back in stock (even though reviews generally complain about the screen).

Performance wise it's been pretty great. Gaming at 1080p most games run on ultra or at least high at a steady 60fps. The screen however, is as bad as everyone says. It's usable, but I'm using an external monitor for a reason.

I would say that unless you need the performance boost, just stick with your Alienware for now and save up a bit more, but if you're coming in from not having anything, the Lenovo is wonderful.
Last edited by knoxyouout on Dec 12th, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
knoxyouout wrote: Performance wise it's been pretty great. Gaming at 1080p most games run on ultra or at least high at a steady 60fps. The screen however, is as bad as everyone says. It's usable, but I'm using an external monitor for a reason.

I would say that unless you need the performance boost, just stick with your Alienware for now and save up a bit more, but if you're coming in from not having anything, the Lenovo is wonderful.
Looking at a laptop for the hubby that can do gaming. Don't need one, but the price is great, especially if the windows VR can take off at all.
Dec 21, 2009
566 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
I got that Lenovo flex a couple of days ago kind of wishing I'd have been able to get the Lenovo on this deal
Mar 21, 2013
541 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Konowl wrote: Looking at a laptop for the hubby that can do gaming. Don't need one, but the price is great, especially if the windows VR can take off at all.
Honestly with the VR it's a no-brainer.
Nov 21, 2015
122 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Thinking of going for the Dell one based on the fact it has a 1 Tb hard drive. What do you guys think? Is the CPU performance on the Lenovo that much better?

Also does anyone have any experience with these VR headsets? Never even heard of them personally.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Konowl wrote: No problem. I took the two questions marks as questions, how silly. It's quite common for smoking hot deals to RARELY last more than 8 hours; are you new to RFD? Microsoft store tends to have some pretty smoking deals around this time of year, I wouldn't bank on them lasting long (and the 12AM start time sucks nuts).
New to the Microsoft store -never bought from them-, as I was asked by a family member to find them a laptop deal. I am pretty content with my MSI Gaming laptop that I got 3 years ago.
May 12, 2007
205 posts
115 upvotes
Riderz1337 wrote: Thinking of going for the Dell one based on the fact it has a 1 Tb hard drive. What do you guys think? Is the CPU performance on the Lenovo that much better?

Also does anyone have any experience with these VR headsets? Never even heard of them personally.
I decided on the dell because it has better reviews overall, a much better screen, and the differences between the i5 and i7 are negligible, especially this generation. As someone who bought an i7 in my last computer, I can count on one hand the number of times it has actually been utilized (and I use my PC for a large variety of tasks.) The dell is also nearly a pound lighter, which is important to me.

As for the headsets, the dell visor has a better comfort rating with a larger field of view (110, the same as the Vive and Rift) over the lenovo. I've not used Microsoft MR before, but it looks like there is support for SteamVR, and I have not seen many issues getting it to work with the majority of VR games out there. It was only released a month ago, so I suspect support for it will improve.
Nov 21, 2015
122 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
imcrazy wrote: I decided on the dell because it has better reviews overall, a much better screen, and the differences between the i5 and i7 are negligible, especially this generation. As someone who bought an i7 in my last computer, I can count on one hand the number of times it has actually been utilized (and I use my PC for a large variety of tasks.) The dell is also nearly a pound lighter, which is important to me.

As for the headsets, the dell visor has a better comfort rating with a larger field of view (110, the same as the Vive and Rift) over the lenovo. I've not used Microsoft MR before, but it looks like there is support for SteamVR, and I have not seen many issues getting it to work with the majority of VR games out there. It was only released a month ago, so I suspect support for it will improve.
Thanks for the insight. Now waiting to see if it goes back in stock.
Mar 14, 2017
236 posts
191 upvotes
Victoria, BC
bbmello wrote: I got that Lenovo flex a couple of days ago kind of wishing I'd have been able to get the Lenovo on this deal
Also picked up a Flex (two actually, but one was for somebody else). Honestly I'm a little perplexed by your comment. The Flex and the Y20 gaming laptop are not really comparable at all. What do you actually want to use it for?
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)