Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Hot Oculus Rift + Touch Controllers $449

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 3:14 pm
Feb 18, 2013
66 posts
24 upvotes
$449 CDN on Oculus.com! No tax or duties.
Mar 3, 2017
300 posts
97 upvotes
Woodstock
My order came to $507 CDN with Albertan sales tax applied.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1127 posts
73 upvotes
I experienced a bit of motion sickness after trying the VIve and the Samsung for about half an hour at the Microsoft store today so I'm hesitant to get this now. I have to admit it was immersive and fun though.
Nov 14, 2005
34 posts
8 upvotes
New Westminster
Did MS have any thing good to say.... I'm wondering if I should cancel and reorder from oculus..... my only concern is MS is easier for returns....
Mar 3, 2017
300 posts
97 upvotes
Woodstock
MS said to return the package when it arrives. I just ordered on Oculus... now I see that on Oculus.com you don't get the Xbox controller or windows controller adaptor... hmmmm... oh well, guess I have two of them.
Mar 3, 2017
300 posts
97 upvotes
Woodstock
phoreoneone wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 5:05 pm
The one from Microsoft doesn't come with an Xbox controller or Windows adapter
It would appear that you are correct! My apologies! Not sure Why I thought it did... hmmm... maybe it was the YouTube reviews of a different bundle I watched.
Dec 28, 2011
361 posts
308 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
enigma54 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 4:15 pm
I experienced a bit of motion sickness after trying the VIve and the Samsung for about half an hour at the Microsoft store today so I'm hesitant to get this now. I have to admit it was immersive and fun though.
You're new. You can train your brain to get used to it over time. It's simulator sickness/space sickness. It goes away.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1264 posts
212 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I tried Lenovo VR at Microsoft store WEM today and they said I can buy and return within 30 days if I don't like it. I wonder if they do that to all VR headsets sold there because that's generous!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6102 posts
2773 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
CyniC- wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 3:04 pm
I tried Lenovo VR at Microsoft store WEM today and they said I can buy and return within 30 days if I don't like it. I wonder if they do that to all VR headsets sold there because that's generous!
I wasn't aware of that.

Being a wearable device, that does seem somewhat odd that they'd accept an open return.....better double-check your invoice regarding the Terms & Conditions just to be safe.

I bot one on Wednesday, but it's still sealed in the box as I read and watch more reviews before opening it.

One thing I wasn't aware of at the time was that it requires a Bluetooth 4.0 connection for the controllers.

I didn't discover that until I ran the pre-check app on my PC, everything else received a passing mark.

It only had a BT 3.0 dongle, so I've ordered an $11 BT 4.0 one from Amazon and it'll be here sometime today.

Luckily just yesterday a reviewer on YouTube did a test using the Lenovo HMD with some racing sims, and he said it worked well....which is GREAT because that is one of my main reasons for buying one.

Here's his channel, and he covers a lot of tests & reviews with this particular Lenovo MHD.