• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2018 12:33 am
Mar 26, 2012
613 posts
238 upvotes
Edmonton
A-Town wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 7:32 pm
I recommend using ThrottleStop as it has more customization options. Here are my benchmarks results after applying my ThrottleStop settings: https://valid.x86.fr/384ubv
Its actually what I used in the end, stop the 68C throttling and enabled Intel SpeedShift. Just make sure it runs at startup since the Speedshift does not seem to stick.
Feb 26, 2017
43 posts
13 upvotes
Have you guys with the yellow tint tried playing with color profiles at all?

I don't think it's going to bother me personally, I use F.lux most of the time already.
Aug 23, 2005
293 posts
89 upvotes
Hamilton
patrick762 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 9:25 pm
care to share your settings? ive never used throttle stop. i did read the how to article already though.
set your offset voltage to -80mV for both CPU core and CPU cache (these should be the same) and then -49.8mV for Intel GPU. Apply and if you don't get a blue screen then save. Also the how-to guide isn't really clear on this but back in the main window, click on the TPL button and in the miscellaneous section, check off boxes for Speedshift and Enable Speedshift when ThrottleStop starts then click OK.

Click Turn On and use the laptop for a bit to make sure everything is stable. You can also download a program like CPU-Z and in the CPU section, you can stress test and run a benchmark. If nothing weird happens then the settings should be good. If not, then boost back up the offset voltages by 5mV or so until things are stable.

Note, that each time you restart your laptop, you will need to start up ThrottleStop as well. There are ways to auto-start it (Google this) but my personal opinion is to keep it user-initiated in case things ever go wonky.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1381 posts
341 upvotes
Senescence wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 9:46 pm
Have you guys with the yellow tint tried playing with color profiles at all?

I don't think it's going to bother me personally, I use F.lux most of the time already.
In all honesty it's not bad.
Dec 12, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
A-Town wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 9:51 pm
set your offset voltage to -80mV for both CPU core and CPU cache (these should be the same) and then -49.8mV for Intel GPU. Apply and if you don't get a blue screen then save. Also the how-to guide isn't really clear on this but back in the main window, click on the TPL button and in the miscellaneous section, check off boxes for Speedshift and Enable Speedshift when ThrottleStop starts then click OK.

Click Turn On and use the laptop for a bit to make sure everything is stable. You can also download a program like CPU-Z and in the CPU section, you can stress test and run a benchmark. If nothing weird happens then the settings should be good. If not, then boost back up the offset voltages by 5mV or so until things are stable.

Note, that each time you restart your laptop, you will need to start up ThrottleStop as well. There are ways to auto-start it (Google this) but my personal opinion is to keep it user-initiated in case things ever go wonky.
wow. thank you for the awesome directions! much appreciated.

I'll give it a go.
Nov 7, 2007
259 posts
19 upvotes
Same with mine. All Fedex shows is that the label has been created. Was supposed to be delivered on the 12th.
hosamaly wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 4:04 pm
Mine is the same, I called Microsoft yesterday and they said when the order gets fully processed it will be released to FedEx and I should expect it end of the week or early next week. (3-7 business days).
Mar 27, 2017
11 posts
rgilld wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 8:48 am
Same with mine. All Fedex shows is that the label has been created. Was supposed to be delivered on the 12th.
Mine showed label printed on Sunday, then nothing until yesterday when it was finally was picked up. Delivery was originally supposed to be today, but is now showing Monday.
So much for 2 day delivery!!
Apr 11, 2010
21 posts
2 upvotes
Ontario
lgroom2 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 9:19 am
Mine showed label printed on Sunday, then nothing until yesterday when it was finally was picked up. Delivery was originally supposed to be today, but is now showing Monday.
So much for 2 day delivery!!
Mine supposed to be delivered Tuesday. But, it's not even picked up yet. I think it's Microsoft way to charge our credit card earlier even when they may not have the item in stock. If by tomorrow it's still the same, I think I will cancel the order.
Jun 26, 2012
9 posts
2 upvotes
Ontario
emailku417 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 9:50 am
Mine supposed to be delivered Tuesday. But, it's not even picked up yet. I think it's Microsoft way to charge our credit card earlier even when they may not have the item in stock. If by tomorrow it's still the same, I think I will cancel the order.
Still same here, how can you cancel an order that shows as shipped? The only option I see is request a return. This is irritating.
Apr 11, 2010
21 posts
2 upvotes
Ontario
hosamaly wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 9:57 am

Still same here, how can you cancel an order that shows as shipped? The only option I see is request a return. This is irritating.
I will just have to argue with them that they are being dishonest and deceitful. Unless they can guarantee that I will get it by next Monday, I will ask them to cancel it. I will give it a try tomorrow.

UPDATE: I checked just now and the status has now changed to "in transit". The expected delivery date is tomorrow. I guess I won't need to call them then.
Jul 26, 2013
200 posts
35 upvotes
CALGARY
lol....
Contacted their live chat.
The regular agent gave me the usual run around - "oh fedex hasn't updated the tracking yet...its christmas, its busy...they need five full working days just to update the scan to picked up"....
I asked to speak to a supervisor.....
He says "yes its still in our warehouse......we create labels for all our shipments right away and bill the credit card....but we do guarantee delivery within the 7 working days for free shipping....otherwise we will "launch an investigation"".....

Honestly I wouldn't care so much if they took a week to ship it out...I know its almost Christmas and volumes are pretty high.....
But, wtf man. Your marking my order as shipped a week in advance, billing my credit card, and then customer service is telling me "fedex already picked it up, they just haven't updated the tracking"...when its really STILL in your warehouse pending shipment.
Mar 26, 2012
613 posts
238 upvotes
Edmonton
Ok so I successfully took apart the laptop and added a 1TB HDD. It appears the laptop only has one ram slot so you are stuck in single channel memory mode. HDD must be 7mm thin type as well.
Feb 26, 2017
43 posts
13 upvotes
So, turns out the expected delivery date is accurate. It just got marked as being on truck for delivery.
Apr 11, 2010
21 posts
2 upvotes
Ontario
Yes the tracking seems to be correct. I finally got mine like an hour ago just like the tracking showed.