Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 - $649.00

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2018 12:33 pm
Jul 26, 2013
238 posts
89 upvotes
CALGARY
Does anyone else notice that this laptop seems to be rather sluggish/even freezes just with one or two apps open, (like an internet browser and paint)?
When opening new webpages, half the screen will also go black and the screen will flicker and strobe like it's trying to give me epilepsy.
idk what is wrong
Banned
Feb 19, 2013
289 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
Any workaround for the wifi dropouts, have been experiencing it every once in a while
Mar 21, 2005
190 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
Senescence wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 5:30 pm
Something is definitely wrong with the Wi-fi card or its drivers. This is what it looks like when I download a torrent. Power settings are set to max performance while plugged in and I am plugged in. Latest drivers. BIOS and everything up to date as well. I am a couple meters next to my router.

https://imgur.com/UyKXhO8

Edit: After doing some troubleshooting with Command Prompt and uninstalling drivers\reinstalling, I've got a pretty stable download rate. Looks like the adapter maxes out at around 60 mbps though, which is half the speed of my internet plan. Is that typical for laptops?
I haven't noticed the same. I'm getting speeds that my ISP is providing which is 150/150 Mbps. https://imgur.com/VhXXfwq
Feb 26, 2017
86 posts
35 upvotes
Thanks for posting that. I have a fairly dated Wireless N router, this made me look up its limitations and when I switched to channel bonding (40 mz) I was able to reach 90-100 mbps, which is good enough.
Jul 26, 2013
238 posts
89 upvotes
CALGARY
Did anyone else receive a defective unit?
The screen flickers / cuts out on mine during use and when tilting the screen back and forth
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9795 posts
1448 upvotes
Yes, I have this issue, it doesn't cutout but there is minor flickering problem and dead pixel. I can live with the color but not the flicker. Too bad MS Store doesn't have stock for exchange. My panel is M140NWF5 R3.
findmesumdealz wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 1:08 pm
The screen flickers / cuts out on mine during use and when tilting the screen back and forth
Apr 2, 2016
231 posts
111 upvotes
findmesumdealz wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 1:08 pm
Ordered two, one is defective. Hard drive (I'm guessing it the HD) on one laptop makes clicking noises all the time but the other is silent. Returning defective unit.
Mar 20, 2006
394 posts
68 upvotes
Is the Precision Touchpad software layer handled out of the box with this model and Win10 1709, or is this still needed? I guess you can tell by looking at the touchpad Settings area to see if it's the same as the screenshot. If not, I think but am not sure that it's Elan.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enab ... ad-drivers
Sep 11, 2017
35 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
It's selling for $599 now. Try and get your $50 to those who already purchased.
Mar 26, 2012
735 posts
334 upvotes
rseiler wrote:
Dec 24th, 2017 12:29 pm
Is the Precision Touchpad software layer handled out of the box with this model and Win10 1709, or is this still needed? I guess you can tell by looking at the touchpad Settings area to see if it's the same as the screenshot. If not, I think but am not sure that it's Elan.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enab ... ad-drivers
Mine came with precision drivers out of the box
Intel Core i7-950 @ 4Ghz/AMD RX570 STRIX OC 4GB/10GB 1066Mhz DDR3/Asus P6T Deluxe
Koodo Mobile $48 10GB EPP Plan
Mar 4, 2008
353 posts
43 upvotes
BC
This laptop sounds pretty ideal for me
for web browsing and doing light work related things.

However, sounds like there is quite a few things wrong with it though?? Screen display, wifi dropping out, hard drive defective??
Oct 26, 2006
511 posts
54 upvotes
Oshawa (East GTA)
I missed out.

Might go to store to buy.

Looking at the manual it looks like it has only one RAM slot.
Sep 22, 2017
8 posts
Reg. yellow/orange tint, the laptop color is warm but I have adjusted the color settings in Intel Graphics Control utility and it seems to be okay now.
the major gripe I am having is some kind of chirping noise coming from the laptop randomly. Its so low, my wife is not able to hear it, but when its silent and when I work on it, I am able to hear it. Could it be coil whine ?
Jun 1, 2010
20 posts
25 upvotes
Canada

a video for lowing voltages and reduce heat
Banned
Feb 19, 2013
289 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
Got my $56 refund for price match at microsoft store this morning.