Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM - $79 - In Store Only!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2017 12:52 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1200 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
OOS at eaton center at 9.20 AM ..
Aug 17, 2003
236 posts
58 upvotes
musumekiller wrote: i have the 640 that i got from Walgreen last year for 30 dollars. I have to say the phone is working well as a back up phone. 650 has more memory and faster processor, good buy if you need a back up phone.

As for the OS, window 10 is fine but the app store is useless. I used everything on browser and it was ok.
The 650 has neither more memory nor a faster processor. The 640 has a Snapdragon 400 while the 650 has a Snapdragon 212 - it's a newer processor, but not a better one. Memory is the same.

This is decent as a backup phone or for someone that wants a "smart" phone but doesn't really use it for anything. I also find Windows Phones to have better than average standby time.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2004
1026 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
YYZviaYUL wrote: Anyone in the GTA willing to pick one up for me? Can grab it off you this weekend?
Preferably someone in Scarborough, Markham or Richmond Hill.
And if I turn out to be an a-hole and not show up, I'm sure you can resell it for full value.
Anyone thinking of reselling this on kijiji will be in for a surprise. there simply aren't many people wanting to buy lumias. Took me a very very long time to sell one.....
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
protege2k wrote: Anyone thinking of reselling this on kijiji will be in for a surprise. there simply aren't many people wanting to buy lumias. Took me a very very long time to sell one.....
For $80+ tax, I'm willing to buy it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9553 upvotes
Vancouver
ababac wrote: I bought two at 99 on black Friday. Though it is a great phone, I am considering return both, since I do not think Microsoft will continue their Lumia production lines, it literally means Microsoft might not provide support any time soon, just like Surface 1 and 2 never gets Windows 10 update. Before you decide buying, I suggest that you search "Lumia are dead" in spite of all the good features it may provide.
So you bought 2 and don't even know if you want 1. Next time do some research. :)

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Dec 3, 2009
495 posts
129 upvotes
Etobicoke
As someone who switched from Windows Phone to Android few months back...here are a few things I really miss about WP.

1. Interface, functionality and simplicity - this is what WP is known for.
2. Keyboard - none of the Android keyboards come close to the perfection that is the WP keyboard. Swiftkey is closest imo
3. Unofficial apps - Metrotube is 10X better than official Youtube. Why? Because you can download for offline viewing and block ads. 6Tag is better than official Instagram because you can disable ads, disable double tap to like photo, and do few other things Insta won't let you. :)
4. Mail and Calendar - None of the apps on Android are as good, including Microsofts Outlook

With that said, Android has it's own advantages and I don't regret my decision to switch... for now.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1981 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto
vro29 wrote: The 650 has neither more memory nor a faster processor. The 640 has a Snapdragon 400 while the 650 has a Snapdragon 212 - it's a newer processor, but not a better one. Memory is the same.

This is decent as a backup phone or for someone that wants a "smart" phone but doesn't really use it for anything. I also find Windows Phones to have better than average standby time.
I don't mean to be rude but did you even check before you make this comment?

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone3=7612

650 has Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 while 640 has Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7. 650 has 16bg and 640 has 8gb.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1342 posts
1725 upvotes
GTA
1GB RAM really kill this deal - If it is 2GB I'd jump in even the price is up to 100
Rogers 20GB/$60 5G plan + Iphone 13;
Lucky Mobile 3GB/$20 4G plan;
Koodo 50GB/$45 4G plan + Free International call perk + Iphone 11;
Fido 4GB/$0 LTE data/Month plan
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4659 upvotes
Toronto
The biggest difference between the 640 and 650 for me is that the 650 has an OLED screen while the 640 has an IPS. The Windows mobile OS and interface shines on AMOLED and OLED screens and just because of this, the 650 is the better buy.
Oct 22, 2011
303 posts
185 upvotes
Canada
I have one of the AT&T 640s from Walmart USA and a Black Friday $99 650. After using both, I must say that I wouldn't mind upgrading my 640 to the 650. It wasn't just faster, but the screen looked brighter and vivid. After my wife saw what my 640 could do and how easy it was to use, she wanted one too. She has the 650. Too bad I don't live in one of the only 3 provinces in Canada to have a physical store, or I'd upgrade.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1164 posts
701 upvotes
Perth
YYZviaYUL wrote: Anyone in the GTA willing to pick one up for me? Can grab it off you this weekend?
Preferably someone in Scarborough, Markham or Richmond Hill.
And if I turn out to be an a-hole and not show up, I'm sure you can resell it for full value.
That really instills confidence to help you out... :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1684 posts
997 upvotes
bennyxyz wrote: 1GB RAM really kill this deal - If it is 2GB I'd jump in even the price is up to 100
Unless you are doing heavy lifting activities like gaming, 1GB is sufficient. Yes phone is not super snappier but it's good enough. Only weak point I found is battery and back cover (very delicate)
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
I see it online for $199?!
Sep 21, 2010
77 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
I bought 1 on BF for $99 and returned it within a week ... not a lot of options to customize but for basic use its perfect
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1331 posts
1060 upvotes
Hamilton
elkabong wrote: New car only connects to Android :(
Surely the receiver must have A2DP?