Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM - $79 - In Store Only!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2017 12:52 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
jmpaul55 wrote: quick you can make it a hot key in the drop down menu.

i used waze for a gps

managing media was a pain in the prick. my 640 would not detect with my computers, had to pull the sd everytime i wanted to manage media.
Thx 4 the info.

I also looked up and it seems to have a Pebble app for your watch too so everything seems good for 90% of my use. i might drop by again tonite to take a look
Apr 30, 2008
86 posts
29 upvotes
Thanks for the deal OP. Still in stock at West Edmonton Mall.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1981 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto
vro29 wrote: I don't mean to be rude, but it sounds like you don't understand the difference between SoC parts. Yes, the 212 is clocked higher, but it is a lower end part. It's like saying an Core-i3 is better than a Core-i5 because it is clocked a little higher. The 212 also has a slower graphics chip (304 vs 305).

16GB is the storage, not the memory, they both have 1GB of RAM. 16GB vs. 8GB of storage does not impact the speed of the phone like 1GB vs 2GB of RAM would.

Also, the 212 processor doesn't support 1080p video recording like the 400 does.

Basically, the 212 is a 400 with gimped features. Overall, I still think the 650 is a better device because of the build and screen quality.
I do agree 650 looks better. The side panels are steels rather then cheap plastic on 640.

Basically they are almost the same phone with minor clock speed difference and more of less the same graphic.

Yes i mean storage, thats was my error. 640's lens sucks so doesn't matter if it suppost 1080 or 1080p. The video is really bad once i transfer to my pc.
Dec 20, 2006
469 posts
283 upvotes
jmpaul55 wrote: quick you can make it a hot key in the drop down menu.

i used waze for a gps

managing media was a pain in the prick. my 640 would not detect with my computers, had to pull the sd everytime i wanted to manage media.
Never had any such problems with my 640. Maybe a driver issue?

I think this is a great deal for people who are immersed in the Windows ecosystem, but expectations should be kept reasonable as Windows Phone is a mixed bag. For me, I got tired of seeing app development lag behind. I know the browser is an alternative, but for some things that gets old in a hurry.
Nov 30, 2009
305 posts
123 upvotes
Québec
Nice phone, got one as well at black friday. Only problem i have is having the phone connected all night via wifi, every morning it has problem to connect back and just refuse to. Nothing get synchronized, its such a pain :/
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
1062 posts
296 upvotes
I wonder if the 950 xl is going on sale.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1058 posts
281 upvotes
Hamilton
I currently have an iPhone 6S Plus as my daily driver and a huawei Honor 8 and I still prefer WP. Something about it. I have owned 2 650s and a 640 XL. The problem with WP is that it's brilliant but unfinished. Random crashes, slow app loading times, etc.

That sucks cause I would just right over if they could somehow fix these issues.
Sep 14, 2015
334 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
how does the lumia 650 compare to a samsung s5?

no contest to a samsung s6 i know for sure.
original account: pureenergon

😕
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1508 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto
I used Windows 10 on a Lumia 640 as my daily driver for a while and I found the OS great. I actually miss Windows 10 mobile while using my iPhone now....

But - work gave me an iPhone so I'm stuck with two Lumia 640 phones to get rid of.

Try out Windows 10 Mobile, you may like it!
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Walmart U.S. AT&T Group deal (kinda yay) + *NEW* Koodo 30GB for $25 4G LTE
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2
Nov 26, 2004
663 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
ababac wrote: I bought two at 99 on black Friday. Though it is a great phone, I am considering return both, since I do not think Microsoft will continue their Lumia production lines, it literally means Microsoft might not provide support any time soon, just like Surface 1 and 2 never gets Windows 10 update. Before you decide buying, I suggest that you search "Lumia are dead" in spite of all the good features it may provide.
I have a Surface Pro 1, it gets every Windows 10 update out there.
They did mention that they will continue with Windows 10 Mobile, but focusing on enterprise features.

+++ath0
NO CARRIER
+++ath0
NO CARRIER
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3914 posts
4767 upvotes
Canada
musumekiller wrote: i have the 640 that i got from Walgreen last year for 30 dollars. I have to say the phone is working well as a back up phone. 650 has more memory and faster processor, good buy if you need a back up phone.

As for the OS, window 10 is fine but the app store is useless. I used everything on browser and it was ok.
Dont be so hard on your 640. It has a better battery and talk time, better video (1080), more solid feel, etc.

(Sent on a 640)

Only issue i have is when im using bluetooth for a call, Bluetooth for gps, and a 3rd activity happens (text) - phone freezes requiring me to pull the battery.

Events like this get washed out when you have millions of users (iphone, android). Windows... not so much.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Anyone tested if 650 supports dual 4g.
Oct 24, 2007
190 posts
8 upvotes
sorry to revive old thread but if anyone in this thread is interested in selling me their Lumia 650 at cost I'll buy it, even if it's used (must be working and not damaged) thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)