Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store Canada

Acer Aspire R14 R5-471T, Full HD, 2 in 1, i5, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD, CAD$679

Jul 11, 2013
301 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto

Acer Aspire R14 R5-471T, Full HD, 2 in 1, i5, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD, CAD$679

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$220 off
Retailer:
Microsoft Store Canada
MS Store Canada has the Acer Aspire R14, convertible laptop on sale for $220 off. Not a hot deal, but still a good price if you are looking for a convertible laptop at the moment. Has an older i5 Skylake chip, but I don't think the next gen Kabylake chips are that much of an improvement (based on what I've read so far, but I could be wrong). 8gb ram and 256 SSD with a Full HD IPS screen. Also has a nice backlit keyboard. The screen is excellent and the brightness is more than adequate. The brightness level is definitely not as bad as some reviewers make it out to be. I bought one refurbished from Canada Computers a month ago (its $639 now at CC and it has 1 year Acer warranty, but with bilingual keyboard) and have been very happy with it. Fantastic battery life, and very fast machine. Great build quality, aluminum with plastic bottom. A little on the heavy side, so I wouldn't buy this if you want to use it primarily as a tablet.

Edit: Appears to be out of stock and the deal is gone.
Last edited by BoredAccountant on Oct 3rd, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
169 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
1080P screen good!

Backlit keyboard good too!
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Apr 2, 2013
31 posts
7 upvotes
Price match with best buy? Or does the signature edition from Microsoft actually make a difference?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Awesome specs for the price. Too bad I have a negative bias towards Acer products based on my unlucky past experiences. Confused Face
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
funkygunner wrote: Price match with best buy? Or does the signature edition from Microsoft actually make a difference?
Won't work, model numbers are different. Outside of the Surface, BB and MS will always have difference versions because BB sells their laptops with bilingual keyboards and MS doesn't.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
This is goood. I keep waiting for price drop. It always seemed out of stock so I'm surprised lol

Unfortunately I better resist at this time :(
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
dealseaker101 wrote: Awesome specs for the price. Too bad I have a negative bias towards Acer products based on my unlucky past experiences. Confused Face
Have several Acer product, never had an issue.

Sadly no need for a new laptop right now or I would be right in for it. Great deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
JeanoB211 wrote: Buy now think later? Or wait
This is a decent deal, if you need a laptop now. It's a complete package with decent CPU, RAM and SSD. But it's NOT "buy now think later" hot.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1667 posts
532 upvotes
GTA
student discount doesnt seem to stack with sale--still good price
Nov 2, 2008
666 posts
365 upvotes
Got one for my parents. Thanks OP!
Aug 31, 2015
450 posts
104 upvotes
Concord, ON
Reallyyyyy tempted to buy this, a little out of my price range but it has everything I want (SSD, i5, 8GB RAM)...I'd wait some more but I need a nice fast laptop to take to lectures and take notes, would this be ideal for that?

I really want to wait so will there be a better deal out soon with similar specs? I dont think I've seen a 256GB SSD for this low of a price. Shit...

Edit: Looking for a laptop that I can take to school for lectures, watch videos on (movies, stream sports, etc), a little bit of graphics work here and there, as well as a good bartery life so I dont have to carry a charger everywhere I go. Preferably a computer that boots up programs/surfs the web quick, tired of the old p.o.s I currently have lol.

This seems to be the perfect laptop for me, but i know very little about laptops.

Also what's the policy with Microsoft's site? Can i use the laptop and return if it isn't what I was looking for?

TIA
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
LeafsFan30 wrote: Reallyyyyy tempted to buy this, a little out of my price range but it has everything I want (SSD, i5, 8GB RAM)...I'd wait some more but I need a nice fast laptop to take to lectures and take notes, would this be ideal for that?

I really want to wait so will there be a better deal out soon with similar specs? I dont think I've seen a 256GB SSD for this low of a price. ****...

Edit: Looking for a laptop that I can take to school for lectures, watch videos on (movies, stream sports, etc), a little bit of graphics work here and there, as well as a good bartery life so I dont have to carry a charger everywhere I go. Preferably a computer that boots up programs/surfs the web quick, tired of the old p.o.s I currently have lol.

This seems to be the perfect laptop for me, but i know very little about laptops.

Also what's the policy with Microsoft's site? Can i use the laptop and return if it isn't what I was looking for?

TIA
It's a great laptop for your described tasks, maybe not sufficient for your "graphic work", depending on what those are.
Also, Microsoft store offers one of the best return policies, if not the best.
Aug 31, 2015
450 posts
104 upvotes
Concord, ON
hansdoreen wrote:
LeafsFan30 wrote: Reallyyyyy tempted to buy this, a little out of my price range but it has everything I want (SSD, i5, 8GB RAM)...I'd wait some more but I need a nice fast laptop to take to lectures and take notes, would this be ideal for that?

I really want to wait so will there be a better deal out soon with similar specs? I dont think I've seen a 256GB SSD for this low of a price. ****...

TIA
It's a great laptop for your described tasks, maybe not sufficient for your "graphic work", depending on what those are.
Glad to hear that, what do you think of 256GB of space? I guess I can't have a best of both worlds here and get space and speed...i save almost everything I download, even if I no longer need it just in case I need it in the future....probably gonna pull the trigger on this. Thanks for your reply!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
LeafsFan30 wrote:
hansdoreen wrote:

TIA
Glad to hear that, what do you think of 256GB of space? I guess I can't have a best of both worlds here and get space and speed...i save almost everything I download, even if I no longer need it just in case I need it in the future....probably gonna pull the trigger on this. Thanks for your reply!
Well, this is hard to say, it's vastly depending on your usage style.
Usually, you won't even see any mainstream laptop with the options for more than 256 GB SSD, unless you want to pay a huge premium for 512 GB or even 1 TB SSD for premium lines (Dell XPS, Apple, Asus UX etc). In that case, I'd rather buy the model with smaller storage and upgrade myself, much more cost efficient. With this alone, I'd say 256 GB SSD would be a great choice already.

In case you have tons of media (videos, music, graphic resources and etc), and this laptop will be your sole computer, why not just buy an external hard drive?
Last edited by Guest9927363634 on Sep 23rd, 2016 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 2, 2006
903 posts
303 upvotes
Mississauga
PS. The RAM is soldered on. So no upgrading that. However, it does run in dual channel mode, which will help the anemic GPU in light gaming.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)