Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Raspberry Pi 3 Bundle with Windows 10 IoT Core - $74.99 + Ebates + Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2017 11:40 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
xbrav wrote: It's not really that great. The best price is to order from Memory Express, and price-match BuyAPi (Who is actually listed as an official price match site in their list). It's also a hot deal to order the official display by this means.

The Pi comes out to about $45, and the official display comes to $80.
With shipping and tax I think you're looking at over $60 from Memory Express? Which edition do you pricematch
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Nov 24, 2008
909 posts
231 upvotes
Calgary
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: With shipping and tax I think you're looking at over $60 from Memory Express? Which edition do you pricematch
If you price-match the Pi 3 in the cart with https://www.buyapi.ca/product/raspberry ... th-1g-ram/, it'll come to $45.65. MemEx has $8.99 flat rate shipping, so it all depends on which province you're being taxed in.

Of course, if there's a nearby location, you can price-match in store.

For the screen, price match this URL: https://www.buyapi.ca/product/official- ... ive-touch/
Aug 4, 2010
691 posts
277 upvotes
Not Winnipeg
CrazyCatMan wrote: Can anyone log into the microsoft store website? I get an endless checkout loop when I try to check out.
Their website redesign was horrible IMO. You can't even browse it properly anymore.
MS is currently under a massive DDOS attack. I don't think MS is alone being the target either.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4369 upvotes
Winnipeg
ahhell wrote: MS is currently under a massive DDOS attack. I don't think MS is alone being the target either.
happens everytime someone posts a deal at ms store.
Jul 21, 2005
283 posts
348 upvotes
Thanks OP.
I've been waiting for this to come back in stock for a couple of months now.
Apr 3, 2007
970 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
Got one!

Thanks OP.

I'm hoping to use this for retropie!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
dieselboy27 wrote: This looks like a good price.
I think this is regular price. There was another thread about this around christmas too and at the same price.
There's a student/education discount you can do too for another 10% off
The price is pretty decent considering you're getting the power supply, case, and SD card all together.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
robb2 wrote: Raspberry 3 has wifi and bluetooth on board.
Browsing is good. You can stream, but maybe not HD
4k maybe an issue as I havent tried but HD (1080p) streaming works just fine. it also makes for a great plex server. wifi is 2.4ghz only but has a much better antenna than cheap android boxes. I have a nvidia shield in the livingroom & a pi3 in the bedroom - both works great in their respective roles (&within their limits ofcos).

thats not taking into account all the other stuff that raspberry pi's can do ;)
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1789 posts
509 upvotes
GTA
SomeOtherDude wrote: I think this is regular price. There was another thread about this around christmas too and at the same price.
There's a student/education discount you can do too for another 10% off
The price is pretty decent considering you're getting the power supply, case, and SD card all together.
What do you have to do to get the student / education discount?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
scotsum wrote: 4k maybe an issue as I havent tried but HD (1080p) streaming works just fine. it also makes for a great plex server. wifi is 2.4ghz only but has a much better antenna than cheap android boxes. I have a nvidia shield in the livingroom & a pi3 in the bedroom - both works great in their respective roles (&within their limits ofcos).

thats not taking into account all the other stuff that raspberry pi's can do ;)
4k is an issue, if you need 4k streaming, go with a 905X or 912 android box as cheap solutions or nvidia shield as more expensive/better solution.

There are some 1080p files that RPi 3 will have some issues with (mostly high frame rates) but that will almost never be the case if you're streaming (since streaming or even cable boxes will limit the frame rate to save bandwidth... one of the reasons CBC (for example @ 1080) actually looks better via OTA vs Shaw/Telus/Bell/Rogers).
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal
briagn wrote: How does this compare to Lenovo Stick 300? Or they are totally different thing?
They're different things. The Lenovo Stick is a full computer running Windows 10 and needs nothing extra to run except a display, keyboard and mouse. The Raspberry Pi comes with no operating system, no storage, no cables.
Archanfel wrote: What do you use the Raspberry Pi for?
There are a million different things you can do with a Raspberry Pi. Three popular projects are RetroPi (to play older emulated video games), Pi-hole (an ad blocker for your whole network at home) and a Kodi Media Center.
Jan 22, 2017
661 posts
1696 upvotes
Any idea if this purchase qualifies for the 25x event at airmiles? The 2x from microsoft store +25x would bring it down about another $10.
Jan 22, 2017
661 posts
1696 upvotes
psyko514 wrote: They're different things. The Lenovo Stick is a full computer running Windows 10 and needs nothing extra to run except a display, keyboard and mouse. The Raspberry Pi comes with no operating system, no storage, no cables.

There are a million different things you can do with a Raspberry Pi. Three popular projects are RetroPi (to play older emulated video games), Pi-hole (an ad blocker for your whole network at home) and a Kodi Media Center.
I got mine for retropi. MS store has been OOS for awhile now and i've been waiting. Can't wait to play those oldies :D
Oct 15, 2011
73 posts
51 upvotes
BC
I bought a kit from Amazon through CanaKit for $100 + tax. Works awesome! Came with instructions for Kodi as well. Really straight forward.

I've been waiting to get a second one for my downstairs room. Not sure if getting a HDMI cable, 16 gigs extra mem, heat sinks & a better looking black case is worth it. Decisions decisions... Thx OP.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4369 upvotes
Winnipeg
dieselboy27 wrote: What do you have to do to get the student / education discount?
pick your school
Aug 10, 2010
670 posts
834 upvotes
psyko514 wrote: They're different things. The Lenovo Stick is a full computer running Windows 10 and needs nothing extra to run except a display, keyboard and mouse. The Raspberry Pi comes with no operating system, no storage, no cables.
Thanks! That's interesting. So, is the price the only reason of getting Raspberry Pi? I think sometimes Lenovo Stick 300 can be as cheap as $99 and it has 2GB of RAM. There might be also cheaper Android box options for media center too. Sorry, I'm new to this and kind of confused.
Nov 25, 2004
190 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto, ON
briagn wrote: Thanks! That's interesting. So, is the price the only reason of getting Raspberry Pi? I think sometimes Lenovo Stick 300 can be as cheap as $99 and it has 2GB of RAM. There might be also cheaper Android box options for media center too. Sorry, I'm new to this and kind of confused.
if all you wanted was a media center there are easier options than getting a pi 3. Pi 3 are for those that really don't mind tinkering with everything in there from full access to the motherboard switches to installing whatever OS you feel like on there which changes the entire experience of the machine. You can muck around with it under the windows 10 IOT image, or NOOBS which will give you raspbian and i myself is running ubuntu mate on my pi 2. Or also you can turn it into a Kodi machine (openelec). You cannot do that with the Lenovo stick and those android box options are very specialized into their custom OS's which i find after a year they go out of date cause the stores just tell you to buy a new one unless you know how to tinker with it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
What's the best bet for a USB controller that I can use for SNES/NES/etc on Pi?
Sep 13, 2008
422 posts
111 upvotes
movieking wrote: What's the best bet for a USB controller that I can use for SNES/NES/etc on Pi?
Wireless XBOX controllers (w/ dongle from ebay)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)