Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Surface Pro 4 i5/ip 10% Student discount + $150 coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2016 11:41 am
Aug 11, 2016
32 posts
44 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] Surface Pro 4 i5/ip 10% Student discount + $150 coupon

Hey guys if you go to the Microsoft Education Store and you were to purchase a surface pro 4, on top of the already 10% student discount you get a $150 coupon emailed to you. It's not too much of a discount but it's nice that this basically means the type cover is included in the price of the surface.
Thread Summary
This thread is about a Surface 4.
50 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Offer valid from 9PM PST on August 17, 2016 to 11:59PM PST on August 31, 2016, while supplies last. Available only in Microsoft retail and online store in Canada. Valid for $150 Microsoft store gift card after purchase of select Surface Pro 4 (256GB i5/i7, 512GB i5/i7, 1TB i7), or select Surface Book devices. Excludes Surface Pro 4 i5 128GB devices. Promo code required to redeem offer. Promo code expires December 31, 2016, and must be redeemed before that date. No reproductions of codes will be accepted. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or coupon code(s). May not be combinable with other offers. Refunds will take into account the discount. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Limit of 1 code, per customer, per transaction, single use only. Other exclusions and limits may apply.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/ms ... .326659100
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I would be interested if i could buy the extended warranty with the promo code but i think i need to buy the warranty on the same purchase or drive 2000 km to find a physical store.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
3048 posts
944 upvotes
JFRACINE wrote: Offer valid from 9PM PST on August 17, 2016 to 11:59PM PST on August 31, 2016, while supplies last. Available only in Microsoft retail and online store in Canada. Valid for $150 Microsoft store gift card after purchase of select Surface Pro 4 (256GB i5/i7, 512GB i5/i7, 1TB i7), or select Surface Book devices. Excludes Surface Pro 4 i5 128GB devices. Promo code required to redeem offer. Promo code expires December 31, 2016, and must be redeemed before that date. No reproductions of codes will be accepted. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or coupon code(s). May not be combinable with other offers. Refunds will take into account the discount. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Limit of 1 code, per customer, per transaction, single use only. Other exclusions and limits may apply.

For those interested, the advertisement says 'i5 or i7', but the fine print above does not indicate the i5 128GB version, and it does not automatically add the promo code to the cart when adding the i5/128. I had an online discussion with a CSR and they indicated it should and just to call customer services after for them to generate a code for you. Sister in law is in the market for a Surface, and this seems like the best deal around at this time.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
3048 posts
944 upvotes
JFRACINE wrote: I would be interested if i could buy the extended warranty with the promo code but i think i need to buy the warranty on the same purchase or drive 2000 km to find a physical store.
Can the warranty not be added after similar to applecare?

Promo can also be used towards the keyboard as a second order. Given the promo value, I almost assume this is the intent.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
knapper wrote:
JFRACINE wrote: I would be interested if i could buy the extended warranty with the promo code but i think i need to buy the warranty on the same purchase or drive 2000 km to find a physical store.

Promo can also be used towards the keyboard as a second order. Given the promo value, I almost assume this is the intent.
I think that if you buy the warranty afterwards, they need to inspect it at a microsoft store. Even if you got the device just for a few hours.... I dont know why they are so tight on this policy, especially when the physical store is close to non-existent in Canada.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Policy for Microsoft Complete warranty
Microsoft Complete for Surface is available for all Surface devices and must be purchased at time of device purchase or within 45 days after purchase with device inspection required at a Microsoft retail store. Hardware coverage is described here. Two claims are allowed within the two-year warranty period. Each claim is subject to a $49 deductible. For service plan support, please call 1-877-696-7786 or visit myservice.surface.com.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
4051 posts
1127 upvotes
North York
JFRACINE wrote:
knapper wrote:

I think that if you buy the warranty afterwards, they need to inspect it at a microsoft store. Even if you got the device just for a few hours.... I dont know why they are so tight on this policy, especially when the physical store is close to non-existent in Canada.
you have 45 days to buy the extended warranty - I was told that when I purchased my Surface Pro 4 a couple of weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
3048 posts
944 upvotes
sheriffabc wrote:
JFRACINE wrote:
knapper wrote: Can the warranty not be added after similar to applecare?

you have 45 days to buy the extended warranty - I was told that when I purchased my Surface Pro 4 a couple of weeks ago.
JFRACINE wrote: Policy for Microsoft Complete warranty
Microsoft Complete for Surface is available for all Surface devices and must be purchased at time of device purchase or within 45 days after purchase with device inspection required at a Microsoft retail store. Hardware coverage is described here. Two claims are allowed within the two-year warranty period. Each claim is subject to a $49 deductible. For service plan support, please call 1-877-696-7786 or visit myservice.surface.com.
Apr 6, 2009
262 posts
20 upvotes
knapper wrote:
JFRACINE wrote: Offer valid from 9PM PST on August 17, 2016 to 11:59PM PST on August 31, 2016, while supplies last. Available only in Microsoft retail and online store in Canada. Valid for $150 Microsoft store gift card after purchase of select Surface Pro 4 (256GB i5/i7, 512GB i5/i7, 1TB i7), or select Surface Book devices. Excludes Surface Pro 4 i5 128GB devices. Promo code required to redeem offer. Promo code expires December 31, 2016, and must be redeemed before that date. No reproductions of codes will be accepted. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or coupon code(s). May not be combinable with other offers. Refunds will take into account the discount. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Limit of 1 code, per customer, per transaction, single use only. Other exclusions and limits may apply.

For those interested, the advertisement says 'i5 or i7', but the fine print above does not indicate the i5 128GB version, and it does not automatically add the promo code to the cart when adding the i5/128. I had an online discussion with a CSR and they indicated it should and just to call customer services after for them to generate a code for you. Sister in law is in the market for a Surface, and this seems like the best deal around at this time.
It says right in the fine print that you posted "Excludes Surface Pro 4 i5 128GB devices.", so I think it will be YMMV on the CSR adding a promo code.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
3048 posts
944 upvotes
FelixMaximus wrote:
knapper wrote:

It says right in the fine print that you posted "Excludes Surface Pro 4 i5 128GB devices.", so I think it will be YMMV on the CSR adding a promo code.
Thanks, actually missed that. Does conflict with the actual advert text which says "Get a free $150 Microsoft Store promo code when you purchase a Surface Pro 4 with Intel Core i5 or i7‡". May be worth a shot arguing, but it will be YMMV. May see later if the SIL decides to order.
Nov 15, 2006
859 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto
do they need a proof for the student discount like a student card?
Jun 2, 2012
52 posts
7 upvotes
MONTR
Too bad you cant use the 150$ rebate right away to order the keyboad. it says they will send the coupon after the order is shipped...

seems kinda dumb to have to order twice for the "full" surface ( screen + keyboard) , no?
Nov 27, 2014
91 posts
43 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Also a heads up, the new xbox one S can can be picked in the Xbox+Surface combo deal they have. Since the console is brand new, it would be easy to sell or just have at a discount.

http://imgur.com/a/5P9Ge
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17146 posts
5652 upvotes
Markham
if you collect aeroplan points go thru there https://www4.aeroplan.com/estore///prodMicrosoft.html
2 Aeroplan Miles for every $1 you spend!
Last edited by Keigotw on Sep 6th, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Nov 26, 2015
161 posts
98 upvotes
Weird. I know the fine print seems to exclude the 128GB i5 model, but the website seems to indicate that any i5 or i7 model qualifies (with no exclusion on the 128GB).

From what I see, you may be able to get the 128GB for the $1279.99 price. Then 10% education discount, 2.5% ebates ($28.80) and the $150 bucks coupon.

When all is said and done, out of pocket cost is $1209.60 (5% tax in Alberta) and you get $178.80 in rebates and coupon. Am I missing anything else to bring it lower?
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Nov 11, 2015
300 posts
218 upvotes
Is this combinable with the surface/xbox bundle. That would be a great deal. It says "may not be combinable with other offers". Has anyone tried?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2178 posts
1396 upvotes
Sask
Wonder if they'll release a pro 5 this fall? If they do can we expect discount on the pro 4 any further? Not sure if they discounted the pro 3 all that much last year prior to pro 4 release.
Aug 11, 2016
32 posts
44 upvotes
It says youll receive the coupon up to 10 days after its shipped. I haven't received mine yet but it's only been a week

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)