Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Toshiba Satellite Fusion L55W 2 in 1 Laptop - 649 in store.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2015 1:00 pm
Mar 16, 2015
168 posts
138 upvotes
BC

[Microsoft Store] Toshiba Satellite Fusion L55W 2 in 1 Laptop - 649 in store.

Toshiba Satellite Fusion 15 L55W-C528 Signature Edition Laptop
★★★★★
$749.00 (IN STORE 649)
15.6-inch Full HD touchscreen
Intel Core i5-5200U
8GB memory/1TB HDD
Up to 7 hours battery life

Doesn't have an SSD but it looks like you can add one, but the 1TB is nice to have. I saw this at Metrotown Microsoft Store. They had 100$ off in store on a bunch of tablets. Makes it a bit cheaper than EDU discount in most cases.
17 replies
Mar 16, 2015
168 posts
138 upvotes
BC
Gin Martini wrote: it's not a tablet.
The deal about the Asus t300 Chi is a tablet and better value too if 12.5 vs 15.6 inch screen is not a issue. It has ssd and QHD for only $50 more. Expired now sadly :(

staples-asus-t300-chi-8gb-ram-128ssd-wq ... a-1800057/
Right, it is a convertible notebook, that works in tablet mode as well. I should have worded it better in the title as a 2 in 1 laptop. It isn't small for sure, but you can put in an SSD (as far as I know). I got it for mostly using it for photo editing. Not the best for portability. I am pretty happy with it. 1TB is pretty nice and the processor seems to be superior to the Chi's M-5Y10 for my needs (which isn't as a student). If I decide I am keeping it for certain, I will see about swapping the hard drive.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
Davhur wrote: Right, it is a convertible notebook, that works in tablet mode as well. I should have worded it better in the title as a 2 in 1 laptop. It isn't small for sure, but you can put in an SSD (as far as I know). I got it for mostly using it for photo editing. Not the best for portability. I am pretty happy with it. 1TB is pretty nice and the processor seems to be superior to the Chi's M-5Y10 for my needs (which isn't as a student). If I decide I am keeping it for certain, I will see about swapping the hard drive.
I hope you'll be able to put a SSD. I also work with photo editing and being able to quickly see through all the pictures is, now for me, essential for a workstation laptop.
Mar 16, 2015
168 posts
138 upvotes
BC
Gin Martini wrote: I hope you'll be able to put a SSD. I also work with photo editing and being able to quickly see through all the pictures is, now for me, essential for a workstation laptop.
Let's hope! Although it actually does feel pretty snappy even though it's a regular hard drive. The one thing that made me pause was it didn't have a pen or i7. I just don't think I would use then pen since I am not an artist :)
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3346 posts
2442 upvotes
Montreal
I thought Toshiba stopped making computers
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11174 posts
9987 upvotes
Kootenays
From this review: http://laptoping.com/specs/product/tosh ... on-laptop/

"Toshiba Satellite Fusion 15 L55W-C5258 Signature Edition Laptop sports a convertible design combined with a 15.6-inch Full HD IPS wide-viewing-angle touch display. As same as the other 15.6″ convertible / 2-in-1 notebooks, the Satellite Fusion 15 L55W-C5258 can be transformed into a tablet, stand or tent for multimedia and presentations, or a table-top device.
Under the hood, the laptop carries the 5th Gen Intel Core i5-5200U (review) mid-range dual-core processor with the Intel HD 5500 (review) entry-level integrated graphics, paired with 8GB of RAM and a large 1-Terabyte hard drive. In short, the components provide excellent performance for day-to-day tasks, basic gaming, seamless multitasking, and a plenty of data storage space. As drawbacks, the hard drive spinning at 5,400rpm is a slow storage device, RAM and HDD are not user-upgradeable, and the laptop doesn’t have a built-in DVD optical drive."
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
smacd wrote: From this review: http://laptoping.com/specs/product/tosh ... on-laptop/

"Toshiba Satellite Fusion 15 L55W-C5258 Signature Edition Laptop sports a convertible design combined with a 15.6-inch Full HD IPS wide-viewing-angle touch display. As same as the other 15.6″ convertible / 2-in-1 notebooks, the Satellite Fusion 15 L55W-C5258 can be transformed into a tablet, stand or tent for multimedia and presentations, or a table-top device.
Under the hood, the laptop carries the 5th Gen Intel Core i5-5200U (review) mid-range dual-core processor with the Intel HD 5500 (review) entry-level integrated graphics, paired with 8GB of RAM and a large 1-Terabyte hard drive. In short, the components provide excellent performance for day-to-day tasks, basic gaming, seamless multitasking, and a plenty of data storage space. As drawbacks, the hard drive spinning at 5,400rpm is a slow storage device, RAM and HDD are not user-upgradeable, and the laptop doesn’t have a built-in DVD optical drive."
If you know what you're doing, you would likely be able to upgrade the HDD. You just need to be willing to open the machine up which may void the warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8457 posts
4458 upvotes
Canuckland
Microsoft deal was better.

Keep in mind that Toshiba's HDD are like seagates or worse
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
DealCanuck wrote: Microsoft deal was better.

Keep in mind that Toshiba's HDD are like seagates or worse
Western Digital's track record isn't any better...
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3195 posts
1022 upvotes
Vancouver
With the weight of the 15in laptop, I almost slipped several times folding it over.
Jun 3, 2015
70 posts
East York, ON
joey1234 wrote: Maybe online.
Nope, it's also out of stock in stores. And it's not "maybe", it IS out of stock, both online and in stores (I have checked for stores). Maybe it will be back in stock tomorrow, but until then, it's a done deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2012
1436 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
SubFusion wrote: Nope, it's also out of stock in stores. And it's not "maybe", it IS out of stock, both online and in stores (I have checked for stores). Maybe it will be back in stock tomorrow, but until then, it's a done deal.
Odd. I got it from Yorkdale last Friday and they said they had many in stock.
Jun 12, 2011
4 posts
Toronto
Deals over, Canada is poor, laptop is now $1 000 in stores. Complete and utter bull*****, prices changed one day before I bought it and they refused to let me buy it for the old price. Now the laptop is not even worth it, might as well buy a Mac.
Mar 16, 2015
168 posts
138 upvotes
BC
NovaExplosion wrote: Deals over, Canada is poor, laptop is now $1 000 in stores. Complete and utter bull*****, prices changed one day before I bought it and they refused to let me buy it for the old price. Now the laptop is not even worth it, might as well buy a Mac.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msc ... .320617500

It still shows 749, not sure if the 100 off promotion is going on.

Also the dell looks nice , but as far as I can tell it's not a 2 in 1. I wanna be able to use it laptop mode.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)