Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Toshiba Satellite 5th Gen i5 $499USD Hot?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2015 10:41 pm
Jan 4, 2015
68 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Microsoft Store] Toshiba Satellite 5th Gen i5 $499USD Hot?

Hi,

I believe it is a good price for a I5-5200U laptop, even under the weak Canadian dollars. You can also grab a cheap SSD from BB(US) PNY 128GB for $39.99. Link to SSD: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-optima- ... M2VWALzjDw.

update: 128GB is currently OOS.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2178 posts
1396 upvotes
Sask
Not worth it. Dollar conversion works out to be basically identical to what you can get it for on the Canadian site at EDU pricing.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2178 posts
1396 upvotes
Sask
alanbrenton wrote: So true. $619 through edu store here in Canada.

What about this Macbook Air 11 for $699 USD?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-MacBook-A ... rmvSB=true
Unless you absolutely need Mac os I wouldn't even consider a macbook air over a Dell XPS 13. It's 899 edu pricing at the Microsoft store. Better device and deal in my opinion. Of course it's out of stock at the moment but that's definitely the one I'd be looking at if I was buying an ultrabook these days.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
ced2334 wrote: Unless you absolutely need Mac os I wouldn't even consider a macbook air over a Dell XPS 13. It's 899 edu pricing at the Microsoft store. Better device and deal in my opinion. Of course it's out of stock at the moment but that's definitely the one I'd be looking at if I was buying an ultrabook these days.
True. It just harder to swallow now that Microsoft upped the price by $100, though Apple did a bigger round of price increase across the board when the new Macbook was announced. :)

I'm definitely waiting for Skylake before I even consider upgrading my X220 as it is fine for the intended use. As for storage space, it seems Intel and Micron are coming with 3D Nand that will likely drive ssd prices further down. For now, I'm fine with my skimpy 60 GB + 32 mSATA drives.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)