Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Xbox console, peripheral & game deals (many games $20-30 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2017 8:55 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto

[Microsoft Store] Xbox console, peripheral & game deals (many games $20-30 off)

Many consoles are $50 off and include a free game (select from Rainbow Six Siege, Assassins Creed Syndicate, The Crew, Just Dance, Hasbro Family Fun Pack)

Game deals:
Gears of War 4 - $49.99
Forza Horizon 3 - $49.99
Dead Rising 4 - $49.99
ReCore - $29.99
Final Fantasy XV - $54.99
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - $44.99
And more...

They listed Far Cry Primal as $49 off (making it effective $0), but upon checkout, it charged $49.99...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2476 posts
333 upvotes
ncr
can anyone explain to me why forza horizon 3 play anywhere deluxe download is $100? is it the same as the disc version? i thought you don't have to pay extra to get "playanywhere". does deluxe contain more stuff?

is there no way to get the digital versino of the standard edition? which seems to be the only one on sale.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
s1301950 wrote: can anyone explain to me why forza horizon 3 play anywhere deluxe download is $100? is it the same as the disc version? i thought you don't have to pay extra to get "playanywhere". does deluxe contain more stuff?

is there no way to get the digital versino of the standard edition? which seems to be the only one on sale.
IIRC all digital versions are Play Anywhere. Deluxe just contains more stuff.

According to MS:
The Forza Horizon 3 Deluxe Edition includes the full game of Forza Horizon 3, VIP Membership and cars, and the Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack, which lets you take 10 of the hottest modern race cars off the track and out on the open road!
Nov 18, 2016
166 posts
94 upvotes
s1301950 wrote: can anyone explain to me why forza horizon 3 play anywhere deluxe download is $100? is it the same as the disc version? i thought you don't have to pay extra to get "playanywhere". does deluxe contain more stuff?

I purchased the digital version from Windows 10 store over the holidays for $51.39 cad standard edition. works with xb1 and win10 pcs same license.

Digital versions are set at different prices than physical, so sometimes they may be cheaper, but often the disc versions get the better sales / more frequent sales.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like EB Games has some of the same prices for Gears, Dead Rising, Forza, ReCore, Quantum Break..

The positive w/ EB is that, for games that you can finish within a short period of time like QB, you can play it, then if you have an Edge membership, use the satisfaction guarantee return and get credit back to put on another game...
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1838 posts
268 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
M1GOmigs wrote: Many consoles are $50 off and include a free game (select from Rainbow Six Siege, Assassins Creed Syndicate, The Crew, Just Dance, Hasbro Family Fun Pack)

Game deals:
Gears of War 4 - $49.99
Forza Horizon 3 - $49.99
Dead Rising 4 - $49.99
ReCore - $29.99
And more...

They listed Far Cry Primal as $49 off (making it effective $0), but upon checkout, it charged $49.99...
Too bad these aren't digital. I love splitting the cost of games with my buddy.
May 21, 2015
157 posts
117 upvotes
Montreal, QC
M1GOmigs wrote: Looks like EB Games has some of the same prices for Gears, Dead Rising, Forza, ReCore, Quantum Break..

The positive w/ EB is that, for games that you can finish within a short period of time like QB, you can play it, then if you have an Edge membership, use the satisfaction guarantee return and get credit back to put on another game...
pretty good starter advice to becoming a shitty human being
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
pokachu wrote: pretty good starter advice to becoming a shitty human being
What? How so... explain.

And then make your case to these folks in this thread has-anyone-returned-game-eb-games-under ... e-1648403/

And then tell all of the people who use it in the PC & Video Games thread that they're all terrible human beings.

Get this: the games they receive back then go into their recycled games stock, which they sell back to customers for pure profit. Membership in their Edge card program allows this practice to happen, this isn't fraud.
May 21, 2015
157 posts
117 upvotes
Montreal, QC
M1GOmigs wrote: What? How so... explain.

And then make your case to these folks in this thread has-anyone-returned-game-eb-games-under ... e-1648403/

And then tell all of the people who use it in the PC & Video Games thread that they're all terrible human beings.

Get this: the games they receive back then go into their recycled games stock, which they sell back to customers for pure profit. Membership in their Edge card program allows this practice to happen, this isn't fraud.
buying ::insert any item here:: knowing full well you'll be able to fully use it and also return it, basically making the item free for you? do i really need to explain the problem here? i get that they aren't literally giving you cash back, and only store credit...but still you have to see how that's just wrong

i couldn't care less what they do with it when they get it back, eb/gamestop is a whole can of shitty worms...this is the consumer being shitty in this scenario imo

either way it will be taken advantage of...so i'll just see myself out -_-
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
pokachu wrote: buying ::insert any item here:: knowing full well you'll be able to fully use it and also return it, basically making the item free for you? do i really need to explain the problem here? i get that they aren't literally giving you cash back, and only store credit...but still you have to see how that's just wrong

i couldn't care less what they do with it when they get it back, eb/gamestop is a whole can of shitty worms...this is the consumer being shitty in this scenario imo

either way it will be taken advantage of...so i'll just see myself out -_-
I would be more sympathetic to EB if the employees themselves weren't the ones who suggested this to me in the first place. Over the years I've heard this suggestion from multiple employees at various EB stores, even back when the program wasn't tied to Edge cards and was only available for specific games, I was already getting these suggestions... Back then it was called the 'Gaming Guarantee'...

So thanks for the moral lesson, but I have a hard time feeling bad because of past experiences...
Jan 19, 2014
100 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if the trade in deals are back at the Microsoft store?
I would like to trade in my first year Xbox One for the S.
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10391 posts
2188 upvotes
Aurora
M1GOmigs wrote: I would be more sympathetic to EB if the employees themselves weren't the ones who suggested this to me in the first place. Over the years I've heard this suggestion from multiple employees at various EB stores, even back when the program wasn't tied to Edge cards and was only available for specific games, I was already getting these suggestions... Back then it was called the 'Gaming Guarantee'...

So thanks for the moral lesson, but I have a hard time feeling bad because of past experiences...
You wonder how they get used stock of said game hehe..
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
2409 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
yoda12320 wrote: You wonder how they get used stock of said game hehe..
I'm quite sure that people that buy the returned game, as a used game. Are quite happy, as they are in prestige condition. I have traded games with migo and I can tell you, we both take good care of our games. Weather using EBs return guarantee, trading programme membership required, or the general public sale or trade:)

It's actually a brilliant move by EB and helps the the used game purchasers, while rewarding loyal members. Allows EB to supply a used copy of a new release. Good job EB:)
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10391 posts
2188 upvotes
Aurora
Dred wrote: I'm quite sure that people that buy the returned game, as a used game. Are quite happy, as they are in prestige condition. I have traded games with migo and I can tell you, we both take good care of our games. Weather using EBs return guarantee, trading programme membership required, or the general public sale or trade:)

It's actually a brilliant move by EB and helps the the used game purchasers, while rewarding loyal members. Allows EB to supply a used copy of a new release. Good job EB:)
IDC if you took great care of it, still slim ass business practice lol..
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2007
1150 posts
274 upvotes
Saskatchewan
M1GOmigs wrote: Many consoles are $50 off and include a free game (select from Rainbow Six Siege, Assassins Creed Syndicate, The Crew, Just Dance, Hasbro Family Fun Pack)

Game deals:
Gears of War 4 - $49.99
Forza Horizon 3 - $49.99
Dead Rising 4 - $49.99
ReCore - $29.99
And more...

Any other good game deals? I thought about pre-ordering Resident Evil 7 because I have a $50 code I need to use by the end of Jan, but it's sold out and I'm not interested in playing any of those games immediately.
Nov 27, 2011
35 posts
74 upvotes
Ottawa
If your $50 code is for the console trade in, I ended up buying myself a gift card. Not good for hardware, but used it for a good Xbox digital game deal. Gift card will not expire end of month :)
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2007
1150 posts
274 upvotes
Saskatchewan
srissman wrote: If your $50 code is for the console trade in, I ended up buying myself a gift card. Not good for hardware, but used it for a good Xbox digital game deal. Gift card will not expire end of month :)
I didn't even consider that, but that's a solid option! I considered just buying a 4th controller since they're on for 59.99, and won't really drop in price significantly throughout the console's lifetime except for sales, but I don't really need one of those either

**edit**
if you buy an xbox or windows gift card and that money gets added to your microsoft account, can you use that to buy physical games from microsoftstore.com? i see you said no hardware, but I'm looking for clarification
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
2409 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
yoda12320 wrote: IDC if you took great care of it, still slim ass business practice lol..
Well it's ebs business practice and for a company that gets regularly scrutinized for ripping people off. Id say its great business practice and a great offer to edge members.
When I buy a game fully expecting to like it and keep it and I end up not liking it. It's reassuring to know, I can still return it for full refund.
It promotes customer confidence and I can buy games from them, that I may not have in the first place.. Hey some of those games end up being great keepers. Edge membership does have its perks.
It's a win win for both customer and company..