• Jun 25th, 2019 8:15 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 2, 2011
140 posts
84 upvotes
powderskull wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 2:58 am
Curious if after installing the "Xbox (beta)" application, for GamePass PC, does anyone else get an entirely black screen after signing in?
The app works, until you sign in, then just black application window every time...
FYI. YMMV. For GamePass PC users..

In order to successfully log into the Xbox (beta) app, and not get a black app screen after going through the sign-in, you need to go and log into the Xbox Console Companion app first. Doing so will give you a Windows 10 notification saying you are signed into Xbox Live, and from there you can go launch the Xbox (beta) app, sign in, and not end up on the black app screen after. This was what I discovered worked for me.

Tried DNS setting change on my router, after one guy commented that helped his issue with the beta app, but that didn't make a difference for me.

That said, you still have to change your Windows 10 APPS default storage location setting... if you do not want your games installing to your OS (C:) drive. Which is dumb - hopefully they fix that and let you pick location on the fly during installs.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
2964 posts
2083 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ephemera wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 3:28 pm
Has anyone actually used GPU yet on PC? How is it? Is it worth it for $18?
I've been playing Slay the Spire on PC through GPU. Can't say it's worth it for $18, but waiting on that Y540 before I play games from Game Pass Ultimate that needs a good Graphics Processing Unit.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2152 posts
1176 upvotes
montreal
tostaky wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 4:39 pm
I'm in Quebec and my xbox live subscription ends in november. Paying 15$ until november is not a good deal. And I dont want to pay 180$ to get it until 2022, who know what xbox live will be then...What would be my best option ?
Do nothing.
If you don't want to pay for GOLD membership, then your wallet is safe.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16276 posts
6264 upvotes
Oakville
tostaky wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 4:39 pm
I'm in Quebec and my xbox live subscription ends in november. Paying 15$ until november is not a good deal. And I dont want to pay 180$ to get it until 2022, who know what xbox live will be then...What would be my best option ?
Your options aren't just "do nothing or buy three years' worth" - you can buy any amount of live *up* to 3 years' worth. Only want it for a year? Then just buy a 1 year live sub, add it to your current sub, and pay your $16.99, then you're good till Nov 2020.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Aug 27, 2006
663 posts
230 upvotes
Delta
I took advantage of the offer yesterday and now have GamePass Ultimate until May 2020. I didn't realize I could add more XboxLive before hand to extend it even further (I leapt before I looked). Is there anyway I could buy additional Xbox Live Gold now and get it extended to May 2022?
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Jan 11, 2002
851 posts
291 upvotes
Midland
Spud387 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 7:57 pm
I took advantage of the offer yesterday and now have GamePass Ultimate until May 2020. I didn't realize I could add more XboxLive before hand to extend it even further (I leapt before I looked). Is there anyway I could buy additional Xbox Live Gold now and get it extended to May 2022?
chat with ms support, good luck
Nov 22, 2017
24 posts
13 upvotes
If anyone has an extra 12 month code they can't use please PM me.
Nov 21, 2018
32 posts
7 upvotes
So for the people who signed up for $1 before extending, you can go to the website and cancel the game pass ultimate on the spot. They will refund your dollar. Just make sure to actually pick the option to cancel and not the one to turn off auto renew. Then add as much gold as you want and buy the game pass for $1 again and it will turn it all into ultimate. Tested this today for a buddy who paid the $1 already before knowing he can get it all.
Mar 27, 2016
7 posts
3 upvotes
How does this work if I have Xbox Live Gold and am currently on that console Game Pass 3 months for $1 promo they had a little while back? I have Gold for a 2 years but only like 1 or 2 months of console Game Pass remaining. Do I get 2 years of Game Pass Ultimate, or does it just upgrade my 1 or 2 months of console Game Pass to Game Pass Ultimate?
Feb 3, 2013
12 posts
15 upvotes
canada
WildCard12 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 8:26 pm
So for the people who signed up for $1 before extending, you can go to the website and cancel the game pass ultimate on the spot. They will refund your dollar. Just make sure to actually pick the option to cancel and not the one to turn off auto renew. Then add as much gold as you want and buy the game pass for $1 again and it will turn it all into ultimate. Tested this today for a buddy who paid the $1 already before knowing he can get it all.
DO NOT DO THIS. I stupidly followed this advice while having a pretty good extension already (a couple months into next year), and I lost ALL my Gold/gamepass/whatever. omg.

Waiting to talk to MS support now to hopefully fix this blunder

edit: also didn't see a $1 option, just the $16.99 for a month. which is still a good deal, but in contrast to what this poster wrote (not calling them out, just saying it didn't work for me. the above anger was from my own stupidity at following advice without checking or even thinking)

edit2: an hour and so later and i have my ultimate game pass back, but i had to pay $16.99. the poster i'm replying to must have gotten lucky, or i must have strayed from the formula in some way. YMMV
Last edited by 314mgx on Jun 12th, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 14, 2008
372 posts
147 upvotes
Hey guys 3 questions :
  • I live in Quebec, so instead of the 1$ deal, do I pay $16.99 for the same deal? If so, I'm not going to whine for 16$ over 3 years.
  • As a dad, my son is the one who is going to benefits it the most, but sometime I would like to play with him on my PC with Play Anywhere compatible games (Eg: Ark Survival Evolved). Can I use the same subscription on my PC?
  • If I subscribe to it with my account and log onto our Xbox One. Does everyone can access the Game Pass Ultimate feature on the Xbox without the need of logging into my account?
Thanks for helping!
Never surf the web unarmed!
Dec 20, 2006
146 posts
59 upvotes
MarkusRJR wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 9:16 pm
How does this work if I have Xbox Live Gold and am currently on that console Game Pass 3 months for $1 promo they had a little while back? I have Gold for a 2 years but only like 1 or 2 months of console Game Pass remaining. Do I get 2 years of Game Pass Ultimate, or does it just upgrade my 1 or 2 months of console Game Pass to Game Pass Ultimate?
They will combine the 2 so if you have 2 years of Gold remaining and 2 months of Game Pass you will get 2 years and 2 months of Game Pass Ultimate. I'd suggest topping that up with some more Gold to max it as i had 1 year of Gold, 1.5 years of Game and now have about 35 months after tossing in another 3 month before taking advantage of this promo....Fantastic deal!
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1192 posts
459 upvotes
Got exactly 3 years. Good deal. Probably will force many into Microsoft's next console.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9945 posts
1043 upvotes
Vancouver
Ugh why is Cdkeys so expensive for gold. Thought cdkeys was always cheap. :(

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

anabioz, Gogi