• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2019 7:39 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 2, 2013
410 posts
330 upvotes
Salmon Arm, BC
What a deal. Thanks so much to whoever wrote the thread summary. Made this all so painless and easy.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
1710 posts
1630 upvotes
yes thanks I got no xbox but this is such a great deal I got it and now I got to find a xbox.

anyone know the best deal on a xbox one s?
Jan 10, 2017
24 posts
3 upvotes
Just bought an Xbox One, was trying to buy a code from Costco but got canceled 2 times /:. I may try with a different card later.

Otherwise, if someone have a 6 or 12 month to sell, send me a message this morning..

I may have no choice to get it at 69 .

I live in QC but my account have no adress yet, i may set a different region for the renew /1$ promo..

Thanks RFD
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2152 posts
1176 upvotes
montreal
JulienB597333 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 6:53 am
I may have no choice to get it at 69 .
I live in QC but my account have no adress yet, i may set a different region for the renew /1$ promo..
If you have a Costco warehouse on your way to work, you can also get it in store if needed.

In QC, I think they are using your billing address to determine your location for this deal.

I have tried to change my address in my account, also tried with a VPN, but no success...
I would always got the QC price (16.99$), and I think it is because my card's billing in my account is QC.

I think you could get around it by using a prepaid credit card, then simply use a dummy address from another province.
But I didn't try it, because I didn't had any prepaid card on hand (with a balance).

Good luck.
Jan 10, 2017
24 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks for advice ! The adress might be the problem. I may find a solution while tweaking the website, i had different promo and price depending if it was a gift or with account logged off.
Even if i get 1 year, i wont be able to get that 1$ GPU ?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1090 posts
249 upvotes
I live in Quebec, I had an inactive live account but I did pick up the amepass for PC for $1, when I look at the option to switch to ultimate the offer is still $1 for me.

Is it on another screen that it would switch to $16.99? Still contemplating if I want to spend a whack of money and go pick up LIVE cards
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2152 posts
1176 upvotes
montreal
dunlop wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 7:42 am
Is it on another screen that it would switch to $16.99? Still contemplating if I want to spend a whack of money and go pick up LIVE cards
I think so.
I also had the 1$ displayed for the first 2 steps.
It was when I was a the "final" windows to confirm the subscription that the amount was 16.99.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16276 posts
6264 upvotes
Oakville
trellaine201 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:25 am
Ugh why is Cdkeys so expensive for gold. Thought cdkeys was always cheap. :(
CDKeys is only cheap when it's on sale.
el_pablo wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 9:54 pm
Hey guys 3 questions :
  • I live in Quebec, so instead of the 1$ deal, do I pay $16.99 for the same deal? If so, I'm not going to whine for 16$ over 3 years.
  • As a dad, my son is the one who is going to benefits it the most, but sometime I would like to play with him on my PC with Play Anywhere compatible games (Eg: Ark Survival Evolved). Can I use the same subscription on my PC?
  • If I subscribe to it with my account and log onto our Xbox One. Does everyone can access the Game Pass Ultimate feature on the Xbox without the need of logging into my account?
Thanks for helping!
1 - yes, $16.99 for folks in Quebec
2 - As far as I know, there's no restriction on using it on your PC and the xbox at the same time
3 - This one I'm not 100% sure about. I know that with other game pass type things I've used in the past (EA's one, for example), you have to be logged into the account that subscribed in order to play the games from the subscription.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3198 posts
831 upvotes
GTA
If anybody has a 12month they're looking to offload, feel free to dm me a BST link. Got exactly 13 month of the 36 left to fill up after getting my GPU refunded.
Nov 21, 2006
74 posts
14 upvotes
Winnipeg
Excellent tip eariler on!

I just bought two 1yr golds from costco online ($60 each no tax, $120 total) and added them one at a time to my account:

Entered the first card, added auto renewal and got the extra month free.
Went to my subs and disabled my auto-renewal.
Then entered the second card, and added auto renewal again and got another month free, for a total of 26 months membership!

Finally used the $1 upgrade option and now have 28 months (I had only 1 month on my account left, this was great timing, plus the real 1 month ultimate for $1) of ultimate for ~$121.15...
Thank you to all for this info!
Jan 15, 2003
984 posts
91 upvotes
Hamilton
hi.. i converted my xbox live gold over to ultimate and i am good till 10/10/2020 can i stack this offfer from best buy or am i at my limit?
Jun 26, 2010
519 posts
253 upvotes
Vancouver
hamdude_1234 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:10 pm
hi.. i converted my xbox live gold over to ultimate and i am good till 10/10/2020 can i stack this offfer from best buy or am i at my limit?
If you've already converted to Ultimate, I don't think you can stack past 10/10/2020 now. You had to stack the gold first, up to 06/11/2022, and then convert to ultimate.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1615 posts
216 upvotes
MaxSteel wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:05 pm
Excellent tip eariler on!

I just bought two 1yr golds from costco online ($60 each no tax, $120 total) and added them one at a time to my account:

Entered the first card, added auto renewal and got the extra month free.
Went to my subs and disabled my auto-renewal.
Then entered the second card, and added auto renewal again and got another month free, for a total of 26 months membership!

Finally used the $1 upgrade option and now have 28 months (I had only 1 month on my account left, this was great timing, plus the real 1 month ultimate for $1) of ultimate for ~$121.15...
Thank you to all for this info!
This seems like a good strategy. If I were to add 3 years, this would no longer work, correct? Since then the bonus months would push it past the 3 year mark?

I haven't added anything to my account. I just have the base and haven't done the $1 bonus yet.

What's my max value option? Go to Costco and get 3 x 1 year? Or just the 2 x1 year and do like the above poster and then add $1 upgrade?

Also when does the deal end for all this?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3993 posts
2340 upvotes
Raimond wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 1:51 pm
This seems like a good strategy. If I were to add 3 years, this would no longer work, correct? Since then the bonus months would push it past the 3 year mark?

I haven't added anything to my account. I just have the base and haven't done the $1 bonus yet.

What's my max value option? Go to Costco and get 3 x 1 year? Or just the 2 x1 year and do like the above poster and then add $1 upgrade?

Also when does the deal end for all this?
If you have 3 years card do not try to get the bonus month from auto renewal. You will end up with 24+2 mounts and unable to add your last 1 year card because they won't let you go beyond 36 months.
Nov 25, 2017
36 posts
16 upvotes
Do you guys think that something leaked to Microsoft from googles stadia, is that why Microsoft is trying to lock people in?

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 2 guests)

qwerty0123, d_bomb_23, Gogi, sanman, MarkosX