Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Upgrade XBox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate at 1:1

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2023 3:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1341 posts
854 upvotes
Waterloo
wearysky wrote: Well, the whole point of Ultimate is that it gives you XBox game pass and PC game pass. So get going on all them PC games, baby!
Mac user Disappointed But Relieved Face

Hopefully Toys R Us or someone puts Xboxes on clearance again relatively soon.
May 19, 2008
398 posts
89 upvotes
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! It worked exactly like you said. This is awesome!
Feb 14, 2017
196 posts
202 upvotes
La Prairie, QC
So I finally decided to jump in.

My Xbox Live Gold was expiring on April 26, 2020.

I bought two one-year Gold memberships from Costco, got delivered via email within 5 minutes. When applying each of them, I agreed to activate automatic renewal, and got an extra month twice, which extended my Gold membership until June 26, 2022.

After that, I activated my Game Pass free 15 day trial - saw a link on my account page.

Then, proceeded to upgrade my membership. Since I'm in Québec, I had to pay 16.99$ + tax. To save just a bit more (RFD effect), I purchased a 15$ Xbox gift card for 13.99$ from Costco (again), and got it delivered within 2 minutes via email. Back on my Microsoft account, when I had to choose my payment method, I chose gift card, and input the code I just got from Costco. The balance of 4.53$ was taken automatically from my Paypal account.

Finally, I didn't forget to deactivate automatic payments.

So now, I have Game Pass Ultimate until July 18, 2022. Full 36 months. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 19, 2008
360 posts
124 upvotes
Troubleshooting note:

I hadn't used Gold for a couple of years and have changed my ISP and email address since then. I updated my account by adding by new address but that locks it for 30 days. I could add subscriptions but could not make charges, including the $1 for the upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate.

Online chat suggested I try upgrading the subscription using my Xbox rather than on my PC, and that worked. The charge went through and my subscription is now for Game Pass Ultimate.

Hopefully this helps someone in the same boat as I was.
Jun 6, 2017
315 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Hi - could some one please confirm if the deal works for today? The way I understand it, first buy Costco XBL pass and then follow instructions on this thread, right? Thanks.
May 19, 2008
398 posts
89 upvotes
HockeyfanCanada wrote: Hi - could some one please confirm if the deal works for today? The way I understand it, first buy Costco XBL pass and then follow instructions on this thread, right? Thanks.
It works, I just did it a few days ago, and someone else did it on July 20th.
Jun 6, 2017
315 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Basheer wrote: It works, I just did it a few days ago, and someone else did it on July 20th.
Thanks my friend will try it.
Nov 10, 2014
19 posts
1 upvote
Outremont, QC
just tried and I don't see "PC Game Pass for $1 for the first month" neither "Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for the first month" :(
I guess I have to go ahead and sign "Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $16.99/month" and upgrade everything else. I hope it works
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3393 posts
641 upvotes
Cowtown
I just did it and it worked. I am good until Dec 2021 - didn't want to go beyond that, since I'm a semi-retired gamer.
Your mental health matters. Every step you take towards self-care and seeking support is a powerful investment in your well-being. You have the strength and resilience to overcome any challenges and thrive in your journey towards better mental health
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
jlalexandrino wrote: just tried and I don't see "PC Game Pass for $1 for the first month" neither "Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for the first month" :(
I guess I have to go ahead and sign "Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $16.99/month" and upgrade everything else. I hope it works
Quebec is $16.99 - your consumer protection laws don't allow for "cheap or free at first, then increasing in price later" subscriptions.
Mar 18, 2007
135 posts
55 upvotes
Confirmed still working as of this afternoon. I now have Game Pass Ultimate until 7/22/22. Thanks, OP.
Jun 21, 2003
491 posts
359 upvotes
HockeyfanCanada wrote: Hi - could some one please confirm if the deal works for today? The way I understand it, first buy Costco XBL pass and then follow instructions on this thread, right? Thanks.
I followed the process this afternoon at 4:30pm and it worked perfectly! Game Pass Ultimate until June 2022! 👌🏽
May 30, 2005
113 posts
7 upvotes
Worked great, thanks so much.

Honestly, I didn't really understand it. Just turn off your brain and follow the summary under post #1.
Nov 30, 2014
242 posts
278 upvotes
Haven't touched my xbox in a couple years.. but I got this deal.

Can anybody recommend some good games to play?

So far I have downloaded Sunset Overdrive, Blazing Chrome (reminds me of contra) and Ori and the blind forest.

Havent played them yet
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2517 posts
896 upvotes
12andy12 wrote: Haven't touched my xbox in a couple years.. but I got this deal.

So far I have downloaded Sunset Overdrive, Blazing Chrome (reminds me of contra) and Ori and the blind forest.

Havent played them yet
I'm in the same boat. It actually hasn't been hooked up since I moved a year ago. I mean I know I'm gonna play gears 5 when it comes out in September for the local co-op, but that's about it. Everything else has been PS4 Pro/Switch.

But this does five me an excuse to play some third party offerings.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7804 upvotes
Toronto
12andy12 wrote: Haven't touched my xbox in a couple years.. but I got this deal.

Havent played them yet
Sunset Overdrive and Ori are great. I'd also recommend Forza Horizon 4, Prey, Metro Exodus, Superhot, Gears 4, Undertale, Rise Of The Tomb Raider

That's a lot of great gaming for $1. Enjoy
Nov 1, 2007
98 posts
29 upvotes
Is Costco the only store selling at $60, no tax?... Seems like everywhere else is $70 + tax

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)