Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Get 3-months for $1

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2020 11:06 am
Tags:
None
Jr. Member
Oct 25, 2013
169 posts
630 upvotes
London, ON
Let me know if I missed something.
The real math should be purchasing 8 3-month pass + 1 month game pass pc+3 month ultimate for 1, so you will have 8*(3+1)+3+1=36 months
Total cost will be 17.49*8+1+1=141.92 (3.94/month)
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 12, 2009
13 posts
10 upvotes
Out West
nanmo091032 wrote: Let me know if I missed something.
The real math should be purchasing 8 3-month pass + 1 month game pass pc+3 month ultimate for 1, so you will have 8*(3+1)+3+1=36 months
Total cost will be 17.49*8+1+1=141.92 (3.94/month)
I can confirm that this works (in fact, just thought of doing the same thing early this morning) ;)

Basically, with the new Costco discount and the 1-month bonus for each code redemption, it becomes cheaper to just buy the shorter 3-month codes.

(3+1)*8 = 32 months of Xbox Live Gold [8*$17.49 = $139.92]
+1 month of Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) trial [$1.05]
+3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial [$1.05]

= 36 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (after conversion)

Total cost: $142.02 / 36 months = $3.95/month Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Image

PSA: The 3-month codes have a limit of 3 per order, so you'll need multiple orders to get all 8. Some codes can get delivered to your spam, so check there if you're missing some.

PSA2: For extra mileage, sign up for the xCloud beta (may need to turn off adblocker). The registration page only lists US for North America, but it will accept a Canadian postal code.

PSA3: You don't actually need to use the Xbox app on Windows to download the included PC games. You can use the MS Store app and go to My Library > Xbox Game Pass to get a full list of games available (the PC titles will have an 'Install' button next to them):

Image
Last edited by CajunAzn on Nov 26th, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie
May 11, 2018
52 posts
6 upvotes
toronto
After I subscribe to XBOX Game Pass Ultimate, can my kids play Xbox Game Pass PC games on their PC if they are under my family account?
Jr. Member
Oct 14, 2007
132 posts
45 upvotes
Calgary
You can have one PC signed into your account with Ultimate. I haven't seen any way to share the Game Pass PC to other computers (other than signing out on one and into another) yet.
Newbie
Dec 25, 2015
9 posts
Toronto, ON
How this works , When i was reading the description it says remaining xbox live gold days will be converted as per the table . https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass#join . How you guys are getting full months remaining 1=1 on xbox live gold

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate:
Use your active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership to play games on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC (excludes Windows 10 in S mode). Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Live Gold and additional benefits. Note: Purchase of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Xbox Game Pass Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console).
Newbie
Nov 23, 2018
22 posts
20 upvotes
I got an extra 12mth code (brazil code) that can be claimed using vpn. I ended up buying two of them but the second puts me over the max duration to extend my gold. If anyone is interested I will let it go for $45. I paid 52 for it. Pm me.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
1838 posts
381 upvotes
CajunAzn wrote: I can confirm that this works (in fact, just thought of doing the same thing early this morning) ;)

Basically, with the new Costco discount and the 1-month bonus for each code redemption, it becomes cheaper to just buy the shorter 3-month codes.

(3+1)*8 = 32 months of Xbox Live Gold [8*$17.49 = $139.92]
+1 month of Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) trial [$1.05]
+3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial [$1.05]

= 36 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (after conversion)

Total cost: $142.02 / 36 months = $3.95/month Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Image

PSA: The 3-month codes have a limit of 3 per order, so you'll need multiple orders to get all 8. Some codes can get delivered to your spam, so check there if you're missing some.

PSA2: For extra mileage, sign up for the xCloud beta (may need to turn off adblocker). The registration page only lists US for North America, but it will accept a Canadian postal code.

PSA3: You don't actually need to use the XBox app on Windows to download the included PC games. You can use the MS Store app and go to My Library > XBox Game Pass to get a full list of games available (the PC titles will have an 'Install' button next to them):

Image
I want to follow your new method.

So I know I have to buy 8 x 3 month XBL passes from Costco (2 x orders of 3 and then 1 x order of 2, for a total of 8). Thank you for providing the link.

Then you receive bonus month for each code redemption.

Now for the next two steps, Xbox of beta 1 month code and the 3 month game pass ultimate code, can you also provide the links for those? Thanks. I don't want to screw up the steps (been with this thread since page one, and seen too many people screw it up).
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 12, 2009
13 posts
10 upvotes
Out West
Raimond wrote: Now for the next two steps, Xbox of beta 1 month code and the 3 month game pass ultimate code, can you also provide the links for those? Thanks.
I updated my post with links for the PC and Ultimate trials. As long as you haven't activated the trials before, you should see the $1 promotional offers.

Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... Q7TTC0KGQ8
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... q7ttc0khs0

coolparsi21 wrote: How you guys are getting full months remaining 1=1 on xbox live gold
As long as you activate Ultimate last, all your existing months will convert at 1:1 ratio during this "limited time" promotional period. You can read more background info at PCWorld's article.
Last edited by CajunAzn on Nov 27th, 2019 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9632 posts
2409 upvotes
Scarberia
Can u buy as a gift and use code later on December? I don't have Xbox one yet. Tia
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
16917 posts
6697 upvotes
Oakville
coolparsi21 wrote: How this works , When i was reading the description it says remaining xbox live gold days will be converted as per the table . https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass#join . How you guys are getting full months remaining 1=1 on xbox live gold

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate:
Use your active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership to play games on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC (excludes Windows 10 in S mode). Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Live Gold and additional benefits. Note: Purchase of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Xbox Game Pass Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console).
Here's directly from the faq on the page you linked:
Image

The conversion ratio is currently 1:1 for existing balances. The lesser ratio only applies to xbox live gold passes applied to your account after you upgrade to ultimate.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Member
Feb 1, 2009
349 posts
65 upvotes
If anyone is looking for 3 month xbox live codes cheaper than costco, I have an extra 16 codes that I'll sell for 15$ each.
Newbie
Apr 24, 2008
1 posts
Hey all, I just want to confirm of the xbox live to game oass conversion for $1 is still going? Seems like it is from reading but just want to confirm before I set my nephew up with 12 months of live, just to find out I cant convert it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
1838 posts
381 upvotes
CajunAzn wrote: I updated my post with links for the PC and Ultimate trials. As long as you haven't activated the trials before, you should see the $1 promotional offers.

Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... Q7TTC0KGQ8
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... q7ttc0khs0




As long as you activate Ultimate last, all your existing months will convert at 1:1 ratio during this "limited time" promotional period. You can read more background info at PCWorld's article.
Thanks for updating your post with the links. Trying to do this, but Costco site is getting SLAMMED!
Newbie
Nov 24, 2017
27 posts
2 upvotes
Are there any Xbox live Gold deals out there? I have seen a couple for 3 months, but I don't think $6 a month is that good a deal. Nor the random guy a couple posts above selling them for $2 cheaper. Any promos for 6 months? A year? Hoping for more tomorrow.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
1838 posts
381 upvotes
mccoco wrote: Are there any Xbox live Gold deals out there? I have seen a couple for 3 months, but I don't think $6 a month is that good a deal. Nor the random guy a couple posts above selling them for $2 cheaper. Any promos for 6 months? A year? Hoping for more tomorrow.
Follow CajunAzn's post like I am right now. Best deal right now..... I just wish Costco site would allow me! :(

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 7 guests)

ahbitheman, micah356, russbarden