Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Get 3-months for $1

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2020 8:06 am
Tags:
None
Sr. Member
Jan 2, 2012
669 posts
146 upvotes
SASKATOON
Is there anything special about 36 months or using just 3 month cards?

IE, could I buy three 3 month cards and one 12 month card for 92.46 (112.46-$20off$100) for 25 months, and then another two 3 month cards for $34.98 for a total of 33 months for $127.44, and then add on the +1 and +3 months?
Would it just cap the upgrade at 36 months and revert back to plain gold for the last one?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 24, 2007
1011 posts
529 upvotes
London, ON
User457795 wrote: However just letting people know i redeemed the code - had autorenew turned on for my account and didnt get the month free.
If that's not a typo, then you did it backwards. You start with auto-renew off. Then redeem the code, and the bonus month is an incentive to turn auto-renew on. Then you can turn it back off again.
Sr. Member
Jan 17, 2010
833 posts
282 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
User457795 wrote: Just tried it with auto renew and it didn't work - only gave me the one month. Maybe its just for new subscribers im not sure. However just letting people know i redeemed the code - had autorenew turned on for my account and didnt get the month free.
i am not a new subscriber and i can get one month free every time (i bought 5 three month to extend my subscription and got 5 free months).
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 24, 2007
1011 posts
529 upvotes
London, ON
DWinSask wrote: Is there anything special about 36 months or using just 3 month cards?

IE, could I buy three 3 month cards and one 12 month card for 92.46 (112.46-$20off$100) for 25 months, and then another two 3 month cards for $34.98 for a total of 33 months for $127.44, and then add on the +1 and +3 months?
Would it just cap the upgrade at 36 months and revert back to plain gold for the last one?
Microsoft/Xbox subscriptions top off at 36 months for active subscription time. If you try to directly purchase, or redeem a code that would put you over that, you should be denied. (Conversion to Ultimate being the exception.)

If you end up with 33 months of Gold, then buy 3 months of Ultimate, you should be at the maximum. In that case, buying the $1 month of Game Pass PC would be unnecessary. If you bought it anyways, then your Ultimate purchase/conversion would top out at 36 months.

Game Pass Ultimate includes XBL Gold, so it wouldn't revert; you can't have concurrent Ultimate and Gold subscriptions.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
16933 posts
6706 upvotes
Oakville
Chowagon wrote: How do you put the codes into Canada Xbox live ?
Same way you do with any keys - either redeem them on your xbox, or at http://redeem.microsoft.com
DavidA511606 wrote: Gonna suck for you when they revoke it and lock your account.
I've never had a key revoked from CDKeys, none of my friends have either.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 6, 2003
2094 posts
38 upvotes
Just a quick question - am I supposed to buy the 3 months of Game Pass Trial for 1 dollar before converting the rest of my Gold membership?

Or should I convert from Gold first?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3665 posts
1026 upvotes
QC
firehawk12 wrote: Just a quick question - am I supposed to buy the 3 months of Game Pass Trial for 1 dollar before converting the rest of my Gold membership?

Or should I convert from Gold first?

Thanks.
When you'll activate your gpu subscription with the 1$ deal, it'll convert what you had in gold before. You'll need to confirm the conversion rate before the 1$ purchase .
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 6, 2003
2094 posts
38 upvotes
jfmartel wrote: When you'll activate your gpu subscription with the 1$ deal, it'll convert what you had in gold before. You'll need to confirm the conversion rate before the 1$ purchase .
Ah thanks!

So right now it's still 1 month gold for 1 month gpu right?

Also you can just go back to normal Gold after 3 years if you don't want GPU anymore?
Newbie
Nov 17, 2018
3 posts
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: If that's not a typo, then you did it backwards. You start with auto-renew off. Then redeem the code, and the bonus month is an incentive to turn auto-renew on. Then you can turn it back off again.
Lol I totally dropped the ball on that one. Turned the Auto-renew off and it worked fine - Cheers!
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 24, 2007
1011 posts
529 upvotes
London, ON
firehawk12 wrote: Ah thanks!

So right now it's still 1 month gold for 1 month gpu right?

Also you can just go back to normal Gold after 3 years if you don't want GPU anymore?
You should currently be able to choose $1 for 1 month, or 3 months. Though sometimes these offers can vary from account-to-account. You can log in and check here:
https://www.microsoft.com/p/xbox-game-p ... 0khs0/000F

If you let your Ultimate subscription lapse, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to choose Gold-only afterwards.

You can disable auto-renew/recurring billing here:
https://account.microsoft.com/services/
Newbie
Dec 25, 2013
43 posts
32 upvotes
Coquitlam
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: If that's not a typo, then you did it backwards. You start with auto-renew off. Then redeem the code, and the bonus month is an incentive to turn auto-renew on. Then you can turn it back off again.

For some reason, I am not getting any auto renew bonus. I turned it off, redeemed code and nothing...
Newbie
Jan 13, 2017
19 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks to everyone in this thread...I had three months of Gold left for my kids and was about to simply extend the gold .

Instead, bought 2 x 1 yr and 1 x 3 month from Costco...then followed the instructions on the 1st page.

Now my subscription services shows Game Pass Ultimate, expiring on 12/1/2022

Seems like a great deal, thanks again for the detailed instructions!
Member
Mar 14, 2006
393 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Just finished going through the paces for this deal, bought the 3 month subs in Costco (8 of them, I ran out of gold just recently) and 1 month PC Game Pass and 3 month Ultimate Pass and now I got 36 months of Ultimate Pass ... Thanks OP for the detailed information ...

Question, my US friend was wondering if there is a way to do this on his account as well and if there is a difference ...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
1843 posts
381 upvotes
I typed in the code and don't get the bonus month option for activating recurring billing. Where am I supposed to see this? I can turn it on and off, and nothing happens. :(
Newbie
Aug 24, 2008
60 posts
24 upvotes
cheney wrote: i am not a new subscriber and i can get one month free every time (i bought 5 three month to extend my subscription and got 5 free months).
I have 3 codes to redeem - did you get prompt for free month each time or just turn on billing and got the month - rinse and repeat? . thxs

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

TorturEd, fatcowxlive