• Mar 31st, 2020 4:36 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1840 posts
381 upvotes
I asked in the other thread, but just going to verify here too:

Can anyone verify if these new codes provide the 1 month bonus when you click yes to allowing recurring billing (like the regular 3 month XBL Gold cards)?

Then this would give you 8 months for the same price, right? (3+1+3+1)?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1840 posts
381 upvotes
I posted this in the other thread, but was hoping some you experts here could also help.

So with the latest Costco deal that is going on until Christmas, with one purchase of $25.49, you get 1 x 3 month code which give an additional 3 month code given as a promotional bonus.

When you go to claim each of these codes on your Microsoft account, you will be given an additional month bonus to activate recurring billing (be sure to shut it off before and after each code entered.

Therefore, we get 8 months for $25.49! Works out to
$3.18 per month.

If you have no subscription of XBL activated at all, I would buy 4 of these passes to get 32 months (using recurring billing trick), then buy the $1 Xbox Game Pass PC beta code (direct from Microsoft site), then finally buy the 3 month Xbox Game pass Ultimate 3 month promo for $1 (direct from Microsoft site).

If my math is right this would be $103.96. For 36 months that works out to $2.89 per month!!! Amazing!

Unfortunately, I already got a similar deal during Black Friday, so I can't test myself now as I already have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but for all those who have yet to try it out, this is the best deal yet!
Nov 29, 2010
225 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
My question is a slightly different one.
I don't have an Xbox.

Is this deal still worth it if I just want Xbox PC Game Pass for 3 years?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9645 posts
2419 upvotes
Scarberia
do i need to have 30 months of xbl gold sub to start? can i use just a 12month sub? tia
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1080 posts
1265 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
1MFK1 wrote: My question is a slightly different one.
I don't have an Xbox.
Is this deal still worth it if I just want Xbox PC Game Pass for 3 years?
I'd say yes since even at worst you'd be paying $4.25/mo (not factoring in possible recurring billing switch bonuses) for GPPC, rather than the reg price of $11.99. PC library is more limited, but I imagine it will only get better as MS is all-in on this model.
mikka2017 wrote: do i need to have 30 months of xbl gold sub to start? can i use just a 12month sub? tia
You can use however many months you want. People just opt for as much as possible (MS caps it at three years) to lock in at a cheap rate for a long time (since reg price is $16.99).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9645 posts
2419 upvotes
Scarberia
can i do all these OP steps without using an xbox one ? im too lazy to setup the xbox..i just got it today at sdm using my points with 40% back ,tia

also, i can enter a 1 month xbox game pass code, then the 1$ ultimate game pass code right? or its redundant..thx
Last edited by mikka2017 on Dec 18th, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Nov 24, 2007
103 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: can i do all these OP steps without using an xbox one ? im too lazy to setup the xbox..i just got it today at sdm using my points with 40% back ,tia
I’m in similar situation, did it on pc. Xbox is a Christmas gift so it’s currently wrapped up under the tree.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9645 posts
2419 upvotes
Scarberia
i bought 3 of those 6mnths costco xboxlive memberships....still no waiting for the email codes
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1011 posts
529 upvotes
London, ON
betercallsaul wrote: I'm just gonna give up, it's been 2 hours of trying to get this to work. You best believe I'm gonna chargeback for that dollar.
Or request a refund, since a) it's the more logical, less angry next step; b) it's probably what your CC support will ask if you did first anyways; c) it's likely easier; d) MS will probably freeze/ban your account if you chargeback—especially if you didn't try to rectify it with them first.

I know the Windows 10 store can be half-broken, and I have plenty of gripes with MS support. But you're kind of jumping to the nuclear option over wasted time on bad software, and a loonie.

Subscription management and cancellation option should be here:
https://account.microsoft.com/services/
Last edited by AnonymousBroccoli on Dec 18th, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1011 posts
529 upvotes
London, ON
@mikka2017 @smileswithadimple You can do all of this from a web browser.

Redeem codes here:
https://redeem.microsoft.com

Disable auto-renew/recurring billing in between codes here:

Buy Game Pass here:
https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass/#join

Codes from Costco will be e-mailed from Codes2Go [noreply@codes2go.net]. Check your spam folder.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9645 posts
2419 upvotes
Scarberia
fricken costco cancells my xbox live code orders! wteff...im gonna try another order with different cc and name
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2545 posts
499 upvotes
Scarborough
Great timing. I was looking for the $1 deal this morning and now this popped up. Wanted to play Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds since gaming on PS4 has been pretty thin for the past few months. Those should keep me busy until FF7R.
Nov 24, 2007
103 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: @mikka2017 @smileswithadimple You can do all of this from a web browser.

Redeem codes here:
https://redeem.microsoft.com

Disable auto-renew/recurring billing in between codes here:

Buy Game Pass here:
https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass/#join

Codes from Costco will be e-mailed from Codes2Go [noreply@codes2go.net]. Check your spam folder.
Thanks, I'm all set up from a few weeks ago.
Jan 22, 2010
114 posts
24 upvotes
Raimond wrote: I asked in the other thread, but just going to verify here too:

Can anyone verify if these new codes provide the 1 month bonus when you click yes to allowing recurring billing (like the regular 3 month XBL Gold cards)?

Then this would give you 8 months for the same price, right? (3+1+3+1)?
I bought 4 of the 3 month passes that came with the bonus 3 months each. Unfortunately, I can confirm that the bonus 3 month code DOES NOT trigger the 1 month free from recurring billing. Only the "paid for" codes qualify for the 1 month free recurring billing bonus.

Therefore the total months worked out as follows:

(3m +1m Recurring Billing) x 4 Codes = 16 Months
3m from Bonus x 4 Codes = 12 Months
Total = 28 Months

Of course, buying another 3 months + 3 months bonus to top up isn't really worth it because you'd be going over the 36 month limit since switching over to XBOX Game Pass Ultimate also gives you another 3 months.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1840 posts
381 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: fricken costco cancells my xbox live code orders! wteff...im gonna try another order with different cc and name
Ya I tried to do an order for my sister and it got cancelled. I think last time I did 5 or 6 orders before it somehow went through!