• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2020 8:30 am
Tags:
None
Oct 25, 2013
115 posts
292 upvotes
London, ON
wanton007 wrote: I've never used Game Pass ultimate before. For the games you download, can you still play them after it expires?
No, you can think it as a rental service.
Oct 25, 2013
115 posts
292 upvotes
London, ON
halcyon wrote: For clarity, are there two scenarios?
1. Active Gold account, add game pass ultimate for $1 and your remaining subscription to Gold will convert to ultimate 1:1.
2. You have game pass ultimate active already: Every subsequent addition of xbox live Gold to the account will convert 3 months of Gold:1 month of ultimate.

I'm new to the whole eco system and contemplate game pass ultimate. My only hesitation is the crazy backlog of games on other platforms.
At @AnonymousBroccoli 's previous reply, this is the conversion table
Images
  • Annotation 2020-01-05 180054.jpg
Oct 25, 2013
115 posts
292 upvotes
London, ON
Seems like party is over now. Only one month instead of three.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16830 posts
6637 upvotes
Oakville
nanmo091032 wrote: Seems like party is over now. Only one month instead of three.
It started out as one month, if memory serves. Still an amazing deal if you actually use it.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jul 13, 2006
254 posts
55 upvotes
Between the Costco deal on Dec 26, and cashing in Microsoft Rewards points to bring my Gold total to 33 months, I was able to take advantage of the 3m/$1 offer and get 36 months of ultimate. I'm sent until end of 2022! Thanks all!
Jan 13, 2020
1 posts
Have you had any issues? I'm about to do the same thing but felt skeptical.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7830 posts
2403 upvotes
The limit right now is being subscribed to the end of 2022.
After that it will not let you add additional months.
wanton007 wrote: I've never used Game Pass ultimate before. For the games you download, can you still play them after it expires?
Game Pass Ultimate is like Netflix. When a game leaves, you cannot play it anymore, even if you downloaded it to the system.
Oct 25, 2013
115 posts
292 upvotes
London, ON
Jaco2635 wrote: Have you had any issues? I'm about to do the same thing but felt skeptical.
What do you mean by issues? If you are talking about 1:1 converting form xbl to xgpu, do it with confidence.
Here is the official statement by Microsoft.

"Yes, you read that correctly: If you have an existing Xbox Live Gold subscription, whatever remaining time you have left on your Gold subscription automatically gets converted into Game Pass Ultimate when you apply the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 offer to your Microsoft account."

Source: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/07/17/ ... -ultimate/
Oct 27, 2019
10 posts
I have a question. If i already had game pass ultimate, and it expired, can i still do the trick where i redeem 3 years of xbl and convert it to ultimate? or will it not give me a 1:1 anymore.

Thanks
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16830 posts
6637 upvotes
Oakville
NCartwright15 wrote: I have a question. If i already had game pass ultimate, and it expired, can i still do the trick where i redeem 3 years of xbl and convert it to ultimate? or will it not give me a 1:1 anymore.
Yup. Until MS changes the policy, as long as you have an existing regular XBL balance (or regular gamepass), when you upgrade to ultimate it will convert at 1:1.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Sep 11, 2017
63 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
My current Gold account expires in March, and i've already purchased another 12 months (digital code) that i haven't redeemed yet.

If i redeem the code now, does it just extend to March 2021?
Oct 27, 2019
10 posts
wearysky wrote: Yup. Until MS changes the policy, as long as you have an existing regular XBL balance (or regular gamepass), when you upgrade to ultimate it will convert at 1:1.
Can i add XBL, sign up for the 3 months of game pass for $1, then convert to Game Pass Ultimate?
May 24, 2007
998 posts
508 upvotes
London, ON
NCartwright15 wrote: Can i add XBL, sign up for the 3 months of game pass for $1, then convert to Game Pass Ultimate?
Yes. As long as you're not a current Game Pass PC subscriber, you'll probably have the $1 offer available.

Add as much time as you want of any of these three subscriptions:
  • Xbox Live Gold
  • Game Pass for console (Xbox One)
  • Game Pass for PC

When you subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate, the remaining time of the above 3 will be added up, then converted equally to Ultimate time. (Maximum of 36 months)