• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2020 5:42 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 18, 2014
473 posts
448 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks! Just got the full 36 months (as the game pass is now 3 months for $1 on my account) for the $160 ($4.44/month).
Jan 17, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Guys i have a question.
I want to get the 3 years of ultimate pass but the thing is that i already activated the 3 month trial with 1 euro the last summer which is already expired.
Ultimate is again 1 euro in discount, If i get 3 years of gold and then buy the ultimate will it convert to 3 years of ultimate? is it still 1:1?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16851 posts
6649 upvotes
Oakville
Sagnol wrote: Guys i have a question.
I want to get the 3 years of ultimate pass but the thing is that i already activated the 3 month trial with 1 euro the last summer which is already expired.
Ultimate is again 1 euro in discount, If i get 3 years of gold and then buy the ultimate will it convert to 3 years of ultimate? is it still 1:1?
Yes, it's still 1:1 as long as your previous ultimate has expired. Once you're back to regular gold, you're just like everybody else. You can check their FAQ:
What happens to my prepaid months of Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass when I sign up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?
When you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, we’ll apply any prepaid time you have on Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass toward the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan, up to a maximum of 36 months. Prepaid time conversion rates are subject to change.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jan 17, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
wearysky wrote: Yes, it's still 1:1 as long as your previous ultimate has expired. Once you're back to regular gold, you're just like everybody else. You can check their FAQ:
So this will still work for a 15euros subscription without discount if i am expired?

Edit: Take a look here, i dont think that it will still be 1:1
https://media.gizmodo.co.uk/wp-content/ ... _120-1.jpg
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16851 posts
6649 upvotes
Oakville
Sagnol wrote: So this will still work for a 15euros subscription without discount if i am expired?

Edit: Take a look here, i dont think that it will still be 1:1
https://media.gizmodo.co.uk/wp-content/ ... _120-1.jpg
Yes, even if you don't qualify for the discounted promo upgrade, you can still convert at 1:1. The 1:1 isn't part of the $1 promo. That chart only applies if you have an active GPU subscription and want to apply XBLive codes to increase that sub without letting it expire.
Nov 7, 2017
550 posts
435 upvotes
Hi guys. Do you know if the promo is still working. Just got the console and wanted to check before I buy 2.5 years of gold passes from Costco. Last time I had a console I had 3months of Gold. That was back in 2010. Will it influence the current promo? Thanks.
Nov 22, 2019
52 posts
9 upvotes
My game plan is to continue buying one month of gamepass gold for pc until Costco does the 3 month + 3 month promo again before doing the 36 month ultimate strategy. Hopefully that isn't something that happens once a year for boxing day.

For that matter, what am I missing out on gold that I can be getting on ultimate? I only have a pc and seem to have access to all the non-console exclusive games already.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16851 posts
6649 upvotes
Oakville
ScatterStash wrote: My game plan is to continue buying one month of gamepass gold for pc until Costco does the 3 month + 3 month promo again before doing the 36 month ultimate strategy. Hopefully that isn't something that happens once a year for boxing day.

For that matter, what am I missing out on gold that I can be getting on ultimate? I only have a pc and seem to have access to all the non-console exclusive games already.
If you only have a PC, you're not missing out on anything between PC Gamepass and Gamepass Ultimate. The only reason to get this deal if you only have a PC is if you can get Live Gold cheaper than you can get PC Gamepass. You won't use any of the benefits of Ultimate, but it's still cheaper than getting just regular gamepass.
Nov 7, 2017
550 posts
435 upvotes
It worked. Thank you guys. Now I have 28 months of Ultimate Pass
Oct 17, 2003
370 posts
27 upvotes
Etobicoke
My son received xbox one s a couple years back, we are finally at the process of setting up for him. I had a few newbie questions.

1) Do I follow thread summary (buy codes from costco and follow process)?
2) When do I need to create an account? is this done when setting up xbox or after redeem giftcards?
3) I am not sure what to expect from game plan, If I try a trial month and then follow costco instructions.

Thank you for your help
May 13, 2012
337 posts
200 upvotes
Edmonton
GenX wrote: My son received xbox one s a couple years back, we are finally at the process of setting up for him. I had a few newbie questions.

2) When do I need to create an account? is this done when setting up xbox or after redeem giftcards?
3) I am not sure what to expect from game plan, If I try a trial month and then follow costco instructions.

Thank you for your help
So your son got an Xbox couple years ago and only now you're setting it up for him?
152 posts
340 upvotes
GenX wrote: My son received xbox one s a couple years back, we are finally at the process of setting up for him. I had a few newbie questions.

Thank you for your help
Hi !
I will give you a first answer at my best.
It may indeed seems difficult to comprehend at first.

0. About the subscriptions.

- "Xbox Live Gold" gives the option to play in multiplayers online .
It also gives four entire games (the "Games with Gold") each month.
Note that they must be "claimed" manually, in time.
The Xbox One games are playable when this subscription is active.
The Xbox 360 ones are yours to keep, even offline.

- Xbox Game Pass gives access to a large library of games on Xbox One, for the duration of the subscription.
They are entirely playable during this time (think Netflix for games"), but the list changes with time.

- Xbox Game Pass for PC does exactly the same thing on Windows computers.

- Ultimate Game Pass includes all of the preceedings.
So the people here suggest to get the most of it.

- The current offer let us convert all of the preceedings to "Ultimate Game Pass". You see !
(ex. If you get one year of "Gold", 3 months of "Game Pass" and convert buying 1 month of Ultimate Game Pass,
it will do 1 year and 4 months of Ultimate Game Pass.)

1. About this thread, I have not verified the whole summary.
The aim here is to get a Game Pass Ultimate subscription for as long and as cheap as possible.
However, of course, you are free to use the information given here to subscribe for the duration you want.

This said, it would be wise, at least, to take the current 3 months of Game Pass for PC at 1.00 $ and some period of "Gold" before to convert.
Wether or not you want to go up to the maximum of 3 years is your choice.
Whatever you choose, though, do not forget to "claim" the free games each two weeks.

2. About the account.
It is impossible, for what I know, to start an Xbox One without internet at first.
I am pretty sure it even ask for a Microsoft Account at the beginning.
So you probably have one already in the console, would it be yours or your son's one.

It is necessary to have an account to buy games,
also to get a subscription and before to activate a giftcard.

You may think beforehand, though, which account you will use,
since all you acquire will be tied to it, even if anyone playing on the console
will have full access to the content you buy; subscriptions, games and expensions.

If you choose to subscribe your son's account, let him know that he is responsible to not go against the rules.
Because for bad behaviours online or irregular use, an account can be suspended.
Just to warn him, because losing an account is also loosing what it owns.

3. About Game Pass...
I am not sure of what you would like to know.

Game Pass is a service giving access to games digitally.
It means that once subscribed, more than a hundred games becomes available to download and play during the subscription.
Some are added each month and some retired, but many novelties from Microsoft themself are available to play at lauch, like Forza Horizon 4.

It also means a high data use, so an unlimited plan with your internet company is almost needed.
If not, a game can be downloaded and played offline, but all online interactions use data bandwith and can makes fees.

About your last question, I do not know if a "trial" month could be part of the whole conversion,
so I would verify here in this forum or avoid it to prevent confusion.
Others here could answer better on this point.

4. About your son
At last, we do not know how old is your son, so I will dare some advices.

Firstly, if your son is young, I suggest using a subscription to simply get the library of games and play offline only.
If he is less young and you want it, learn with him to choose wisely his online interactions, for exemple limiting it with known friends.
If he is older, stay in touch with him about what he plays, with who and how he feels.

I do not say that thinking of precise "dangers", simply of his sensibility,
knowing I am an adult and have met some hurting language on popular games recently.
There is also some feeling of obligation to anwser online and many other factors.

In brief, there is a world between playing an offline normal game on a console at home,
and play with the varied crowd from the world online, in persistant multiplayers universes.
See it as the difference between playing at home in a game that can be paused,
versus connecting your son at random with any group in your continent in a game that cannot be paused
and will progress in his absence, putting on him pressure to come back often.

The "Game Pass" also contains many games of varied natures, from family games where we cook helping each other, like Overcooked 2 !
to a disturbing ambiance of darkness, following a schyzophrenic celtic female warrior and her nightmarish visions in Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice,
so giving a free access to any games in it to a young child without activating a minimum of protection and some advices
can be a bit uncareful, knowing also that many applications can be available on the console,
like YouTube, Netflix, or even Mixer where players broadcast their games,
speaking as you can imagine a variety of people does.

So, at the end, is this current deal useful ? Yes, of course.
First if you play yourself of your son is mature enough, it let us try many games, notably together.
Second, the Games with Gold that are given can build a little library of games very quickly.

My only suggestion would be to take advantage of it, but do not feel obligated to maintain it,
or feel that your son have to be connected, because we can play good games offline.

I mean connected for downloads, updates and so, but playing simply offline on the console.
Which he probably does already, I suppose...

Finally, know that subscribing to Xbox Live imply chosing a "Gamertag", an online nickname.
It is good to choose wisely, something he may still like in some years, in case...

Sorry for the long message, but it can be much more shorter if you still have any question...
Feel free to ask here, people are mostly there to inform...
Most of them are very gentle ! :)

Hoping it can help. ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4745 posts
3287 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Cinetiste wrote: Hi !

- Xbox Game Pass gives access to a large library of games on Xbox One, for the duration of the subscription.
They are entirely playable during this time (think Netflix for games"), but the list changes with time.

- The current offer let us convert all of the preceedings to "Ultimate Game Pass". You see !
(ex. If you get one year of "Gold", 3 months of "Game Pass" and convert buying 1 month of Ultimate Game Pass,

The aim here is to get a Game Pass Ultimate subscription for as long and as cheap as possible.
However, of course, you are free to use the information given here to subscribe for the duration you want.

This said, it would be wise, at least, to take the current 3 months of Game Pass for PC at 1.00 $ and some period of "Gold" before to convert.
Whatever you choose, though, do not forget to "claim" the free games each two weeks.

2. About the account.
It is impossible, for what I know, to start an Xbox One without internet at first.
So you probably have one already in the console, would it be yours or your son's one.

will have full access to the content you buy; subscriptions, games and expensions.

If you choose to subscribe your son's account, let him know that he is responsible to not go against the rules.
Because for bad behaviours online or irregular use, an account can be suspended.

3. About Game Pass...

It means that once subscribed, more than a hundred games becomes available to download and play during the subscription.
Some are added each month and some retired, but many novelties from Microsoft themself are available to play at lauch, like Forza Horizon 4.

It also means a high data use, so an unlimited plan with your internet company is almost needed.
If not, a game can be downloaded and played offline, but all online interactions use data bandwith and can makes fees.

About your last question, I do not know if a "trial" month could be part of the whole conversion,

4. About your son

Firstly, if your son is young, I suggest using a subscription to simply get the library of games and play offline only.
If he is less young and you want it, learn with him to choose wisely his online interactions, for exemple limiting it with known friends.
If he is older, stay in touch with him about what he plays, with who and how he feels.

knowing I am an adult and have met some hurting language on popular games recently.
There is also some feeling of obligation to anwser online and many other factors.

In brief, there is a world between playing an offline normal game on a console at home,
and play with the varied crowd from the world online, in persistant multiplayers universes.
versus connecting your son at random with any group in your continent in a game that cannot be paused

The "Game Pass" also contains many games of varied natures, from family games where we cook helping each other, like Overcooked 2 !
to a disturbing ambiance of darkness, following a schyzophrenic celtic female warrior and her nightmarish visions in Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice,
so giving a free access to any games in it to a young child without activating a minimum of protection and some advices
can be a bit uncareful, knowing also that many applications can be available on the console,

First if you play yourself of your son is mature enough, it let us try many games, notably together.
Second, the Games with Gold that are given can build a little library of games very quickly.

My only suggestion would be to take advantage of it, but do not feel obligated to maintain it,
or feel that your son have to be connected, because we can play good games offline.

I mean connected for downloads, updates and so, but playing simply offline on the console.

Finally, know that subscribing to Xbox Live imply chosing a "Gamertag", an online nickname.
It is good to choose wisely, something he may still like in some years, in case...

Sorry for the long message, but it can be much more shorter if you still have any question...

Hoping it can help. ;)
Upvoted for effort! What a great post!
Oct 17, 2003
370 posts
27 upvotes
Etobicoke
Cottoni wrote: So your son got an Xbox couple years ago and only now you're setting it up for him?
My brother who has no kids bought him one when he turned 4, now that he is almost 7 we figured we let him use it. Its still new in package.
Oct 17, 2003
370 posts
27 upvotes
Etobicoke
Cinetiste wrote: Hi !

2. About the account.

3. About Game Pass...

4. About your son

Hoping it can help. ;)
Thank you for taking the time to write this post. This was super helpful.

My son is turning 7 very soon. Until he is older, I prefer to download games that he can play offline. I have a few more questions.

1) Is there a way to setup a password or option for him to only offline?
2) If I choose 3 months of Game Pass for PC at 1.00, I then pay a fee to convert to Ultimate game pass for 3 months. Ultimate will allow me to play game multiplayer game online or download titles to play offline
3) Is there a good choice of games for kids.. ie sonic, lego etc

Thank you for your help

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

jcg1545