[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Get 3-months for $1

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2020 2:32 am
Tags:
None
Dec 30, 2017
153 posts
38 upvotes
setlist wrote: Nothing new that's not already covered in the past 33 pages, but since I'm getting PMed questions, I figured I'd share my response in case the way wrote my PM responses helps other people:

I didn't buy XBOX gift cards. I bought Xbox Live Gold Memberships from costco.ca.

Specifically (starting from no memberships with anything microsoft/xbox):
I bought from costco.ca:
two 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1060292
one 6 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1145546
That should be 30 months, but each time you apply one of the codes it gives you the option of agreeing to automatic renewals and giving you 1 extra month. So you end up with 33 months.

Then you spend $1 for the first month of PC Game pass (first month is $1, and thereafter I think it's $6/month but that doesn't matter - it'll get cancelled in a few seconds).

Then you spend $1 for the first month of game pass ultimate, and this will give you 1 more month, and covert your 33 months of xbox live and 1 montn of PC game pass to more game pass ultimate months... so in the end you get 33 + 1 + 1 = 35 months.

Then cancel the auto renewal.

----

If you're only want to buy 1 year it would be:
$60 for one 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1060292
$1 for PC game pass
$1 for game pass ultimate

That'll get you
12+1+1+1 = 15 months for $62.

All the above numbers excludes tax.
thanks for this...
I added 12 months with 1-month auto-renewal
then I joined for pc game pass but waiting for it to get canceled as you mentioned.

its currently showing in the subscription as valid till 7/10/2019, not 2020.
am I missing something?

edit: typo
Jan 21, 2019
58 posts
146 upvotes
I bought an extra 2 years Xbox live Gold subscription, then upgraded to Ultimate for $1 so will have that until 2022. Easy peasy!
Dec 30, 2017
153 posts
38 upvotes
rhutvirani wrote: thanks for this...
I added 12 months with 1-month auto-renewal
then I joined for pc game pass but waiting for it to get canceled as you mentioned.

its currently showing in the subscription as valid till 7/10/2019, not 2020.
am I missing something?

edit: typo
nevermind got it
basically pc game pass doesnt matter
end with 15 months after ultimate game pass

thanks again to all....
Nov 28, 2013
391 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm in the market for 1 x 12 Month Xbox Gold Live codes if anyone is looking to offload? :-)

(I no longer have a Costco membership and now (vs. Jan) they require you to be a member to buy these. Boo-URNS!)

TIA!

EDIT: Initially looking for 2, now only need 1.
Last edited by MakeUsADeal on Jun 10th, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long May Your Big Deals Jib Draw!!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1409 posts
3192 upvotes
setlist wrote: Interesting! I've already sold my extra but for future reference, how would you actually initiate this? I imagine it's done online and not via the in-person store counter. Does this apply to all their gift card offerings or only the microsoft/xbox ones?
I'd imagine you'd have to call the online customer service number at 1-888-426-7826. Earlier this year I called in myself to ask the question before purchasing some gift cards as no one on RFD was sure if Costco would allow digital gift card returns. I was told by the rep over the phone that they will refund the gift card so long as the code is not used. As always, Costco's return policy pulls through for the win. I didn't end up needing to make the return but was confident it could be done after speaking to them over the phone, and seeing how there was no mention of them being non-refundable on the Costco product page (like it was with all the other retailers).

I believe it applies to all of their gift cards but can't confirm as I called in specifically for Xbox gift cards at the time.
Dec 30, 2017
153 posts
38 upvotes
MakeUsADeal wrote: I'm in the market for 2 x 12 Month Xbox Gold Live codes if anyone is looking to offload? :-)

(I no longer have a Costco membership and now (vs. Jan) they require you to be a member to buy these. Boo-URNS!)

TIA!
just for info i just bought a xbox live 12 months from costco with an expired membership so if you have an expired membership account it will work.
Aug 30, 2015
387 posts
347 upvotes
BC
I’ve tried to put every detail we’ve discussed about the Costco method in the thread summary just below the OP on page 1. Feel free to suggest further edits or clarifications.
Aug 21, 2012
185 posts
124 upvotes
i plan on buying the digital code from costco.
should i add the xbox live first and then buy the game pass? or buy game pass first and then add the xbox live code? cause i cant get a refund once code is used :P
Nov 20, 2013
9 posts
18 upvotes
Fergus
MakeUsADeal wrote: I'm in the market for 2 x 12 Month Xbox Gold Live codes if anyone is looking to offload? :-)

TIA!
I laughed out loud at that Simpson’s reference. Thanks for that!
Nov 28, 2013
391 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
pilotdan wrote: I laughed out loud at that Simpson’s reference. Thanks for that!
WOOHOO!! (_8(|) D'OH!!!!!
Aug 3, 2014
138 posts
203 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I have a 12 month code for sale that I got from Costco.

Will sell at cost.

PM

Thx.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2417 posts
1536 upvotes
montreal
moomoosaurus wrote: i just got home from out of town, please bear with me if i ask a question that has been asnswered in the 32 pages..

Does everyone qualify for the $1 XGPU deal, or do you only find out after you add the xbox live subscription? I currently do not have xbox live, but do have 1 more month left of the last XGPU promo that was $1 for 3 months. I’m going to buy 3 years of Xbox live from Costco now, but wanted to know how I could find out if i qualified for this $1 deal that we’re discussing in this thread. Currently, without adding any subscriptions, I show $16.99/month for signing up for XGPU on my xbox console.
I think both QC and ON don'T have the 1$ offer.

I am in QC and see the offer, but when I click to get it, it ask for 16.99$.
I have tried with VPN in Ontario with the same result ...
Nov 28, 2013
391 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
rhutvirani wrote: just for info i just bought a xbox live 12 months from costco with an expired membership so if you have an expired membership account it will work.
I assume you must have said expired # already attached to your account profile, as I just tried adding mine and still says No Deal For Youuuuuuu - Next Member! :-(

However, the magic of RFD may work to save the day yet :-)
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2417 posts
1536 upvotes
montreal
Dirkatr0n wrote: For people in Quebec that can't access the 1$ promo and don't want to pay 16.99$ a month to upgrade, you can buy 3 month of ultimate game pass for 24.99 from bestbuy. Your text to link here...
So you say that we can 3 months for 24.99$ and still have the remaining gold membership converted to GPU ?
So that's roughly 24.99-16.99 = 8$ for 2 more months?

24.99 = 3 additional months
16.99 = 1 additional month

?

Thanks in advance!
Jun 15, 2009
183 posts
72 upvotes
I bought one too many, if anyone needs I have one code at cost.

PM me if interested.

Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Coocoono