Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Upgrade XBox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate at 1:1

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2023 3:13 am
Tags:
None
Apr 8, 2005
916 posts
633 upvotes
JulienB597333 wrote: Just bought an Xbox One, was trying to buy a code from Costco but got canceled 2 times /:. I may try with a different card later.
Otherwise, if someone have a 6 or 12 month to sell, send me a message this morning..
I may have no choice to get it at 69 .
I live in QC but my account have no adress yet, i may set a different region for the renew /1$ promo..
Thanks RFD
JulienB597333 wrote: Thanks for advice ! The adress might be the problem. I may find a solution while tweaking the website, i had different promo and price depending if it was a gift or with account logged off.
Even if i get 1 year, i wont be able to get that 1$ GPU ?
I was having trouble with auto-cancellation on a Costco digital purchase a few months ago. Tried two different cards with no luck. BUT, checking out using the 'Masterpass' option worked instantly, so if you're having trouble, try that before driving to the store.
Dec 6, 2009
296 posts
163 upvotes
Montreal
MS gave u back $15? What reason did u give to get that refund? I also had to pay $16.99 to get the deal.

sobig wrote: None of it is dead. Entered 2x 12 Month card and got
26 months and upgraded to game pass ultimate for 16.99$. Contacted Microsoft via chat And got my 15$ credit. I am in Québec btw.
That was done at around 11:30pm on June 13 eastern time
Mar 16, 2009
192 posts
105 upvotes
Halifax
moomoosaurus wrote: MS gave u back $15? What reason did u give to get that refund? I also had to pay $16.99 to get the deal.
Because it's supposed to be $1. I was able to upgrade for $1 directly from Microsoft.. For some reason it is showing up as $16.99 for some people, which seems to be a glitch on Microsoft's end.
Jun 10, 2011
778 posts
834 upvotes
moomoosaurus wrote: MS gave u back $15? What reason did u give to get that refund? I also had to pay $16.99 to get the deal.
I simply told them that I was charged 16.99$ when the pre login screen said it was 1$ for the first month.
2 years on Xbox live game me game pass ultimate free until October 2021
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2011
1224 posts
702 upvotes
So wait, this is just for the Xbox pass right? Not the PC one?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
sobig wrote: Contacted Microsoft via chat And got my 15$ credit.
I am in Québec btw.
That was done at around 11:30pm on June 13 eastern time
GhaladReam wrote: Because it's supposed to be $1. I was able to upgrade for $1 directly from Microsoft.. For some reason it is showing up as $16.99 for some people, which seems to be a glitch on Microsoft's end.
sobig was lucky to get 15$ back.
Because the terms (fine prints) say that QUEBEC and RUSSIA are excluded from this deal.
I also tried a few day ago on chat to get it for 1$ (I am in QC) and the rep told me the reason I wasn't able to get it for 1$ is because the offer isn't valid for quence (and Russia) and that my address in my account (billing address) is currently set to Quebec.

So this solution of getting a refund of 15$ might be highly YMMV for Quebec.
For other province it should be simply a matter of asking for it (moomoosaurus in Ontario and GhaladReam in Nova-Scotia).
Mar 16, 2009
192 posts
105 upvotes
Halifax
superbigjay wrote: sobig was lucky to get 15$ back.
Because the terms (fine prints) say that QUEBEC and RUSSIA are excluded from this deal.
I also tried a few day ago on chat to get it for 1$ (I am in QC) and the rep told me the reason I wasn't able to get it for 1$ is because the offer isn't valid for quence (and Russia) and that my address in my account (billing address) is currently set to Quebec.

For other province it should be simply a matter of asking for it (moomoosaurus in Ontario and GhaladReam in Nova-Scotia).
Couldn't you just use a VPN still based in Canada, but not Quebec? Or maybe if your address is set to somewhere in Quebec it shows the $16.99 price - who knows... Seems to me like it shouldn't be too hard for a Quebecer to get around paying $16.99..
Aug 24, 2008
65 posts
37 upvotes
Staples has Seagate Backup Plus Slim STDR2000102 2TB drives on for $79 this week - can just load them up with gamepass library
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
escalade wrote: anybody get metro exodus to launch after its been downloaded?
Seemed to launch fine for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
GhaladReam wrote: Couldn't you just use a VPN still based in Canada, but not Quebec? Or maybe if your address is set to somewhere in Quebec it shows the $16.99 price - who knows... Seems to me like it shouldn't be too hard for a Quebecer to get around paying $16.99..
Nope. VPN isn't working.
I have tried it without any success.
They rely on the address in your account. Not the one on your profile, but the one used for payment (based on what the agent told me).

What I tried was:
- VPN : no luck.
- Change my profile address : no luck.

The other thing I wanted to try was to remove my credit card (which has the QUEBEC billing address) and change it for a prepaid one and use a dummy billing address. But unfortunately, I didn't had any with me and I decided to simple bite the 17$+tx and get back to other stuff ...
Dec 6, 2009
296 posts
163 upvotes
Montreal
Perhaps I should chat with MS to get my $16.99 back then. When i first read about this deal and looked it up, I was in Quebec. When I returned to Toronto, I signed up but maybe the cookies on my browser still showed me in Quebec. Damn, why is QC excluded from most deals lol. Thanks so much for the info guys and gals.
superbigjay wrote: sobig was lucky to get 15$ back.

Jun 2, 2011
644 posts
573 upvotes
jronald wrote: So wait, this is just for the Xbox pass right? Not the PC one?
If you read only the top part of the GamePass Ultimate link in OP post, you would have your answer. Ultimate = both.
Dec 18, 2018
30 posts
43 upvotes
Ontario
moomoosaurus wrote: Perhaps I should chat with MS to get my $16.99 back then. When i first read about this deal and looked it up, I was in Quebec. When I returned to Toronto, I signed up but maybe the cookies on my browser still showed me in Quebec. Damn, why is QC excluded from most deals lol. Thanks so much for the info guys and gals.
Quebec is excluded from most deals due to their consumer laws, particularly Section 230 1. c) in the Quebec consumer protection act which prevents merchants from offering a free or reduced trial that goes up in price later.

Source: http://legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/ShowDoc/cs/P-40.1
Dec 6, 2009
296 posts
163 upvotes
Montreal
well, i did an online chat with MS asking for a refund of $15.99 but was denied :( They said they can’t cancel the UGP, refund the money and re-do the UGP conversion. Oh well, worth asking, still an effing amazing deal regardless.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2003
1018 posts
114 upvotes
Hamilton
y all worried about 15$??? come on you still got a deal no matter up i am good till 2022
Jun 2, 2011
644 posts
573 upvotes
hamdude_1234 wrote: y all worried about 15$??? come on you still got a deal no matter up i am good till 2022
I agree. At like ~75% savings for this deal, if you max out the 3 yrs, trying to pinch $14 does not seem worth the time involved trying get around being a QCer.
If this deal was a one time upgrade of your Gold for $15, everywhere, everyone would still jump on it.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
powderskull wrote: I agree. At like ~75% savings for this deal, if you max out the 3 yrs, trying to pinch $14 does not seem worth the time involved trying get around being a QCer.
If this deal was a one time upgrade of your Gold for $15, everywhere, everyone would still jump on it.
Yup, it's a time vs money thing - if somebody spends anything more than 15-20 mins trying to get around it, they're not valuing their time very highly.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
jronald wrote: So wait, this is just for the Xbox pass right? Not the PC one?
powderskull wrote: If you read only the top part of the GamePass Ultimate link in OP post, you would have your answer. Ultimate = both.
It still isn't 100% clear, but I think that you do still have to pay the $1 and enroll in the PC Game Pass (Beta) first before doing the final conversion over to the Game Pass Ultimate in order to get all 3 benefits (XBox Live Gold + Ultimate XBox + Ultimate PC).

I didn't want to take a chance in missing out on the PC portion, so I simply paid the $1 for the beta in order to be sure.
After the conversion I've ended up with all three services good thru June 3rd 2022, and have cancelled recurring billing.

Pretty smokin' deal!!!!
Jun 2, 2011
644 posts
573 upvotes
Woah! wrote: It still isn't 100% clear, but I think that you do still have to pay the $1 and enroll in the PC Game Pass (Beta) first before doing the final conversion over to the Game Pass Ultimate in order to get all 3 benefits (XBox Live Gold + Ultimate XBox + Ultimate PC).

I didn't want to take a chance in missing out on the PC portion, so I simply paid the $1 for the beta in order to be sure.
After the conversion I've ended up with all three services good thru June 3rd 2022, and have cancelled recurring billing.

Pretty smokin' deal!!!!
Just to answer, for the sake of anyone else wondering... I was not an Xbox owner or have any Gold subscription. Strictly jumped on this for PC for now.

All I did was buy 3 yr of gold, redeem online (do not check off free month for reoccurring billing, or it will screw you out of applying your 3rd year code), and then from my subscription page selected the "Upgrade to Ultimate for $1".
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
powderskull wrote: Just to answer, for the sake of anyone else wondering... I was not an Xbox owner or have any Gold subscription. Strictly jumped on this for PC for now.

All I did was buy 3 yr of gold, redeem online (do not check off free month for reoccurring billing, or it will screw you out of applying your 3rd year code), and then from my subscription page selected the "Upgrade to Ultimate for $1".
The OP's directions say that you need to add the $1 PC Game Pass Beta in order for the final conversion also give the PC games library as opposed to just the XBox "Play Anywhere" functionality, but I may have misunderstood the reasoning.
Maybe step #3, adding the $1/month PC beta is unnecessary???
Either way, all it did was give me an extra month for $1, so no loss.
Perhaps that was the intention for step #3 to begin with...the extra month.
In hindsight, I think it was.

ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS:
"Gold time added AFTER conversion to Ultimate will be at a 3:1 rate. 12 months of Gold = 4 Months of Ultimate, so be sure to add BEFORE conversion.

Subscribe to PC Game Pass @ $1 for an extra month: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... 0KGQ8/0002

"Process for Costco members (Note: rhutvirani has pointed out an expired costco membership worked, so YMMV.)
This assumes you have no active memberships with Microsoft. If you do, reduce the amount you by accordingly as the maximum is 36 months.
1. From costco.ca buy: (don't forget to use the code AERO3 for Aeroplan Miles)
two 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1060292 for $60 each
one 6 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1145546 for $38
2. You will receive codes in your email. Got to https://microsoft.com/redeem and apply one code at a time. Each time it will give you the option of getting 1 bonus month in exchange for setting up auto-renewal - do it all 3 times. This auto renewal will vanish anyway in a few minutes as you migrate. You have now added 12 + 12 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 33 months of Xbox Live Gold to your account.
3. Now go to HERE to subscribe to PC Game Pass for $1 for the first month (additional months are $6/month but that doesn't matter - it'll get cancelled in a few minutes in the migration). You now have 33 months of Xbox Live Gold to your account and 1 month of PC Game Pass on your account.
4. Now go to HERE to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for the first month and migrate everything else over to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. You'll now have 35 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
5. Now go to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and turn off the recurring payments of $17/month just so you don't forget in 35 months time to do it. Note: you do not need to cancel the Xbox Live Gold and PC Game Pass; the migration process in step 3 has closed out those services already. The only recurring payment to stop is the one for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
6. You should see on that page the following:-
"Xbox Game Pass Ultimate"
"Expires on 5/xxx/2022" (IE May 2022 - 35 months from now)
"Turn on recurring billing" as a clickable link; which indicates it's not on"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)