• Mar 30th, 2020 8:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1524 posts
942 upvotes
Calgary
Not to annoy people with more Costco information, but my code arrived in less than 5 minutes after placing the order. Just another data point for those who care.
Penalty Box
Oct 14, 2005
1461 posts
761 upvotes
Does anyone know if the 1 month codes are eligible for that 1 month free with recurring bill trick you can do with the 3 month and I assume 1 year codes?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3495 posts
2819 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ccm001 wrote: Does anyone know if you can buy a 1 year xbox live card in-store at Costco (a physical card) for the $60?

My online orders always get cancelled, and I'd rather not use credit anyways.
Yes, it's available in store for $60. Just checked Richmond Hill location.
Nov 30, 2017
131 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
jarfgames wrote: Not to annoy people with more Costco information, but my code arrived in less than 5 minutes after placing the order. Just another data point for those who care.
Same.
OP - many thanks for this:)
Dec 6, 2009
132 posts
64 upvotes
Montreal
yes they have them at $60 all the time, and a physical card is probably faster than buying it online if you have access to a physical location. I should have done that instead of waiting for online, which is erratic. I got my code in a few hours last time, but this time it took about 18 hours. I was at the physical store today and picked up 2 cards, then as i checked my email while waiting in line at the cashier my code arrived lol.

quote=ccm001 post_id=31033088 time=1560279482 user_id=104990]
Does anyone know if you can buy a 1 year xbox live card in-store at Costco (a physical card) for the $60?

My online orders always get cancelled, and I'd rather not use credit anyways.
[/quote]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3495 posts
2819 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Diafel wrote: Does anyone know if the 1 month codes are eligible for that 1 month free with recurring bill trick you can do with the 3 month and I assume 1 year codes?
IIRC, 1 month gives 14 days extra, not a month.
Nov 26, 2015
13 posts
2 upvotes
tonyelbatal wrote: When you paid 19$ (tax inc), was it considered a one-time payment for your remaining months for up to 3 years, or will you be charged monthly? I never did the original game pass (I only have Gold subscription), if I do like you, I'm just not sure if they will charge me monthly 19$ or one-time. Thank you!
Paid 19tax included once my next charge is in 2022.
Edit: P.S.: I added 1 extra year of game pass but I didn't take a screenshot after doing it
Images
  • From.png
  • GPU.png
Last edited by switch897 on Jun 11th, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 10, 2007
269 posts
39 upvotes
Halifax
rugerty100 wrote:
Yes, it's available in store for $60. Just checked Richmond Hill location.
moomoosaurus wrote: yes they have them at $60 all the time, and a physical card is probably faster than buying it online if you have access to a physical location. I should have done that instead of waiting for online, which is erratic. I got my code in a few hours last time, but this time it took about 18 hours. I was at the physical store today and picked up 2 cards, then as i checked my email while waiting in line at the cashier my code arrived
Thanks guys! Upvoted!

I might run to local store now and get one.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16924 posts
6698 upvotes
Oakville
Grimcurse wrote: I couldn't find a way to cancel from the actual Xbox console. You have to go online and look for it on some menu. I guess that's how they get you lol
You turn off auto-renew in Microsoft's account management portal. Specifically, this page: https://account.microsoft.com/services/
ccm001 wrote: Does anyone know if you can buy a 1 year xbox live card in-store at Costco (a physical card) for the $60?
Yes, you can.
jarfgames wrote: Not to annoy people with more Costco information, but my code arrived in less than 5 minutes after placing the order. Just another data point for those who care.
All these data points are effectively useless - Codes2Go is the one doing the fulfillment, and their fulfillment process (hours of operation, staffing levels, etc) are completely opaque. Sometimes codes come quick (presumably when they're not backlogged and actually have people in the office processing), sometimes they take ages. Why this isn't an automated process if completely baffling to me, but so it goes.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Penalty Box
Dec 18, 2003
955 posts
251 upvotes
Does buying a 1 year xbox live card for $60 also extend your PC game pass by 1 year? Kind of confused about this. I dont have an XBOX but play PC games.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4772 posts
3337 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Hey, I'm sure this has been covered in the thread, but I dont want to go back through tons of pages.

When does this promo end? My coworker wants in on it, but wont be able to until tomorrow or Thurs.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1014 posts
2152 upvotes
Melkor wrote: Hey, I'm sure this has been covered in the thread, but I dont want to go back through tons of pages.

When does this promo end? My coworker wants in on it, but wont be able to until tomorrow or Thurs.
No one know
When they did this for Xbox beta members it lasted more than a week. So this theoretically should be good for a while.
If your "coworker" can't wait for Thursday, let them know I can get a good price for one of their kidneys.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1182 posts
357 upvotes
These kind of deals are like a drug for me lol. Thankfully ebgames does not seem to sell the all digital version of the Xb1 (guess it kind of goes against their own business...), I was about to trade in a Ps Slim 1TB for it.

Wife aggro avoided
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1249 posts
565 upvotes
Guelph
Well, Microsoft, the ball is in your court now. Don't let me down. Im in my 11th year with Live and now have Live and Game Pass in Ultimate until 6/10/2022. Don't let me down over the next 3 years. Game pass has already been extremely valuable to me though so I'm confident.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4331 posts
2763 upvotes
escalade wrote: Does buying a 1 year xbox live card for $60 also extend your PC game pass by 1 year? Kind of confused about this. I dont have an XBOX but play PC games.
1 year of Live Gold gets converted to Ultimate which includes Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, and PC Game Pass.

Might want to do 3 years to maximize this.

$60 for a year of Gold equates to $5 a month for everything.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

clever27