• Apr 2nd, 2020 11:50 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
escalade wrote: Does buying a 1 year xbox live card for $60 also extend your PC game pass by 1 year? Kind of confused about this. I dont have an XBOX but play PC games.
No. If you buy a 1 year xbox live card and apply it to your account (even without an xbox, you can claim it at redeem.microsoft.com), you can then upgrade that xbox live subscription to an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 (for most people, some are stuck paying $16.99), which will upgrade till the end of your xbox live subscription period. And the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate gives you Xbox Live, Xbox Game Pass, and PC Game Pass all in one. It will also add in any existing xbox game pass and PC game pass subscriptions in as well, and add them to the end of your subscription period.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Penalty Box
Dec 18, 2003
955 posts
251 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: 1 year of Live Gold gets converted to Ultimate which includes Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, and PC Game Pass.

Might want to do 3 years to maximize this.

$60 for a year of Gold equates to $5 a month for everything.
Thanks. As long as the 12 Month Live Gold membership is applied before the renewal, its okay right? Is there an advantage to going 3 years down the road versus only 1? Is the price not always $60 on Costco?
Jun 26, 2010
636 posts
355 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure if this question has been asked and too many pages to scan through for this answer but...
Everywhere I read, including OP's post, it says to buy just enough Xbox Live Gold up to June 10, 2022 (when this deal expires). Because I already have gold, what happens if I buy enough months to extend beyond June 10, 2022? Will my Ultimate membership convert back to Gold on June 10, 2022? Or will the Ultimate deal be nullified for the last segment of Gold membership?
Penalty Box
Dec 18, 2003
955 posts
251 upvotes
What did I do wrong? It only gave me 4 Months of Game Pass Ultimate for a 12 month xbox live Gold card ($60)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4334 posts
2766 upvotes
escalade wrote: What did I do wrong? It only gave me 4 Months of Game Pass Ultimate for a 12 month xbox live Gold card ($60)
You need to add the gold before you activate the $1 deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1309 posts
635 upvotes
AB
escalade wrote: What did I do wrong? It only gave me 4 Months of Game Pass Ultimate for a 12 month xbox live Gold card ($60)
You're supposed to redeem XBL Gold code BEFORE buying the $1 XGPU.
Jun 2, 2011
285 posts
253 upvotes
shabbydog wrote: Not sure if this question has been asked and too many pages to scan through for this answer but...
Everywhere I read, including OP's post, it says to buy just enough Xbox Live Gold up to June 10, 2022 (when this deal expires). Because I already have gold, what happens if I buy enough months to extend beyond June 10, 2022? Will my Ultimate membership convert back to Gold on June 10, 2022? Or will the Ultimate deal be nullified for the last segment of Gold membership?
You can't redeem beyond June 2022... that's 3 years, which Microsoft maxes out active subscriptions at. Buying anymore just means you sit on it, until you can apply it... which you apply at either face value for more Ultimate months, or redeem as a separate Gold subscription (which is kinda pointless if you have active Ultimate)
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
escalade wrote: Thanks. As long as the 12 Month Live Gold membership is applied before the renewal, its okay right? Is there an advantage to going 3 years down the road versus only 1? Is the price not always $60 on Costco?
Once you've got an Ultimate membership, if you try to apply a gold membership, it applies at a rate of 3 to 1 - so a 1 year gold membership will only get you 4 months of Ultimate. And it *may* work down the road to downgrade your membership to regular xbox live gold, and then upgrade to ultimate again and extend till the end of your membership, but there's no guarantee that it will. So the best option if you want to use it for that long (I've been a Live Gold member for many years now, no intention of getting rid of it in the foreseeable future) is to take the full three years, if you can.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4776 posts
3351 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
FARMERBLANCHE wrote: No one know
When they did this for Xbox beta members it lasted more than a week. So this theoretically should be good for a while.
If your "coworker" can't wait for Thursday, let them know I can get a good price for one of their kidneys.
No really it's for my coworker, I'm already set till October 2021.

But what else are you offering for kidneys? Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 27, 2004
702 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough
The naming scheme for all these services are so convuluted.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11402 posts
2862 upvotes
So, quick question... my next charge will be 05/2022... I will turn off recurring payments etc. However, when I want to add a year or more of XBOX Live GOLD without the ultimate, etc, can I just add a code then, or from now on, will it always be adjusted 3:1 and only give me 4 months of ultimate.

I guess to simplify it, is there any chance of going back just yearly memberships, or by doing this is Microsoft locking us into a recurring payment plan of $17 for one package instead of individual services.
Also, So we are only charge the $1 for the whole term, or will be it $1/month now until 2022?

BTW, thanks OP!
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Mar 30, 2018
9 posts
9 upvotes
superbigjay wrote: So if you want to return to Gold after the current GPU subscription is over, you would have to wait that it completely expire, then add a new GOLD membership?

If you do so, do your previous GOLD game that you had before that conversion will still be available?

Also, while you are on GPU, are you still able to accumulate new free GOLD games every month and have those game available after the GPU subscription (and return to the normal GOLD subscription)?

It would be lame to loose all the game you have collected as a GOLD member if you decide to return to GOLD membership once your 2-3 years of GPU are over ...
Yeah, you have to let you GPU expires if you just want to add a gold subscription. You will still be able to get the free games with gold and the ones you got will still be available as long as you have gold active.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3008 posts
25 upvotes
GTA
Haven't seen a definate answer so asking: has it been confirmed when this promotion ends?

When does E3 go till?
this site is like a drug. Its forum is the drug dealer.
Mar 30, 2018
9 posts
9 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: So, quick question... my next charge will be 05/2022... I will turn off recurring payments etc. However, when I want to add a year or more of XBOX Live GOLD without the ultimate, etc, can I just add a code then, or from now on, will it always be adjusted 3:1 and only give me 4 months of ultimate.

I guess to simplify it, is there any chance of going back just yearly memberships, or by doing this is Microsoft locking us into a recurring payment plan of $17 for one package instead of individual services.
Also, So we are only charge the $1 for the whole term, or will be it $1/month now until 2022?

BTW, thanks OP!
Wait for your ultimate to expires if you just want to add 12 months gold, or else it will add 4 months to your ultimate subscription. And it's 1$ for the whole term.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)