• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2020 8:11 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 22, 2017
346 posts
1244 upvotes
I have Xbox Live Gold until March 2021.

If I purchase 1 month of gamepass for $16.99 will it automatically give me gamepass until 2021?

Or do I have to buy another 12 months of gold, and then 1 month of gamepass for it to work?

I'm in Quebec so I can't do the $1 deal unfortunately.

Thanks to anyone that can answer my questions.
Jun 11, 2016
684 posts
963 upvotes
I bumped my sub until March 2022 (the 36 months max) then upgraded to Gamepass for the 17$.
You can sub to gamepass now and have it expired un 2021 but you should take full advantage of it if you can afford it and push it to Oct 2022.

I would have prefered to pay 1$ like everyone else but a one time 17$ is still a good deal IMO.

Cheers, KH
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16937 posts
6706 upvotes
Oakville
Neo wrote: wondering if this is a ongoing promotion? or does it have an expiry date?
Nobody knows, but the assumption (based on MS's other subscription upgrade models, like with Office365 for example) is that the "it will convert your existing gold subscription at par" part of this deal is just how it's going to work, going forward. Which makes sense, because who is going to upgrade to Ultimate if it cuts their existing gold subscription down by 75%? I don't know how many people outside the deal hunting world actually stock up on Live the way folks here in the RFD world do.
CrazyCatMan wrote: I have Xbox Live Gold until March 2021.

If I purchase 1 month of gamepass for $16.99 will it automatically give me gamepass until 2021?

Or do I have to buy another 12 months of gold, and then 1 month of gamepass for it to work?

I'm in Quebec so I can't do the $1 deal unfortunately.

Thanks to anyone that can answer my questions.
When you upgrade to ultimate, it always converts any existing balance. They don't care how much you have, or when you added it. The reason people are maxing out before upgrading is because once you upgrade to Ultimate, it's more expensive to extend it (unless you wait for it to expire first).
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
May 24, 2003
90 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Nobody knows, but the assumption (based on MS's other subscription upgrade models, like with Office365 for example) is that the "it will convert your existing gold subscription at par" part of this deal is just how it's going to work, going forward. Which makes sense, because who is going to upgrade to Ultimate if it cuts their existing gold subscription down by 75%? I don't know how many people outside the deal hunting world actually stock up on Live the way folks here in the RFD world do.

So true!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1860 posts
1214 upvotes
I finally pulled the trigger. More of a Playstation user but the $4.57 a month is hard to pass up...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Apr 26, 2003
966 posts
301 upvotes
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Recurring billing off, expires on 9/13/2022

Thanks OP! Worked! My previous monthly subscription just expired so the timing worked out perfectly.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5225 posts
918 upvotes
calgary
My friend was on a three month sub for a while, it's just about to lapse, if I can get him a year of Xbox live or whatever can he turn that into gamepass for one dollar still?
Oct 12, 2011
305 posts
111 upvotes
CARP
I've been getting the Rockstars at Shell.

For $5 you get:

3 Rockstar drinks
4 weeks of Gamepass Ultimate (If you currently have GPU)
2 codes for Gears 5 that give some boots and cosmetics(meh)
20 airmiles(spend $5 in store - 10, and 3 Rockstars for $5 - 10)
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1334 posts
201 upvotes
EDM Area
I have a 6mo game pass code but my GPU does not expire until 06/22 can I add the code and get 6 more months and then upgrade that to GPU?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2440 posts
573 upvotes
Belle River
I have 2 extra Xbox Game Pass 6-month codes, I was going to give them to someone that only has a PC, is there a similar way to convert them to PC Game Pass or Ultimate?

I know this deal requires you to start with Xbox Live and then convert from that, but I'm wondering if there's any method for the other direction I'm not seeing.
Sep 9, 2008
275 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
so I feel like everything went well however the last step

4. Now go to HERE to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for the first month and migrate everything else over to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. You'll now have 35 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

It was asking me to do it for 16.99, so I think i got charged extra...

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Microsoft Corporation

Payment & billing
Expires on 9/18/2022. Last charge CAD $19.20 on 10/15/2019

did they change the deal? or I did something wrong? I had ultimate previously for a couple of months
all your staples coupons are belong to us
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16937 posts
6706 upvotes
Oakville
EngineNo9 wrote: did they change the deal? or I did something wrong? I had ultimate previously for a couple of months
The $1 promo is only for the first time you sign up for ultimate.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Dec 9, 2001
366 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver
ImpKnight wrote: I've been getting the Rockstars at Shell.

For $5 you get:

3 Rockstar drinks
4 weeks of Gamepass Ultimate (If you currently have GPU)
2 codes for Gears 5 that give some boots and cosmetics(meh)
20 airmiles(spend $5 in store - 10, and 3 Rockstars for $5 - 10)
How are you getting 6 codes when you buy 3?

Seems like a killer deal? Since I'm 4 months in, I can stock up on Rockstar and extend my Game Pass membership back to 3 years.
Last edited by ShocWave on Oct 15th, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1595 posts
113 upvotes
If I'm just interested in Game Pass PC, is the recurring $6 the best deal at the moment? (I am already subbed)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)