Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

[YMMV] 15" Dell Insipiron Gaming laptop i7577 1060GTX 128GB SDD $599 (Price error)

Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3173 posts
2244 upvotes
Winnipeg
Guessing only way is to cart it or buy it then call the toll free number but which support country will u get. Think i was getting Ireland!
Banned
Jun 5, 2011
17 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I bought one. I'm on theine now trying to get the price corrected. Not budging so far. Will post result.

As to the topic of whether I should be pursuing a price error because it may get the person who made the error fired, I have the following opinion. If the person gets fired then the Corp will realize they need to either pay more to get a higher caliber employee, divide workload among more employees, which results in benefit to the lower level employees.

P.S. if price errors and deals offend you so much you are probably on the wrong web site
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Guessing only way is to cart it or buy it then call the toll free number but which support country will u get. Think i was getting Ireland!
Can't be arsed with this, mate! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
26 posts
8 upvotes
Try escalating to Krista, Manager of Client Service Team 6, Employee ID: Y871095

:)

BE NICE!
moneybags wrote: i always wonder about people who try to "play dumb" and get away with it. you know it's wrong, but still try. then rationalize that you're not hurting anyone, just the big mean company. the same people who buy all the stock when there's a legitimate good deal and resell.

i suggest you DON'T try to escalate to krista or anyone else. if you end up getting away with it, do you think there will be no fallout for your new bff krista? do you think nobody will ask why who approved these huge discounts? or maybe they'll blame the poor shmuck that updated the website. or does it not matter as long as you got away with it?
I suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself.

She's the manager there, and is aware of the issue, and is making exceptions. She is aware.

If you don't want to do it, don't. Don't prevent others from getting the deal.

People need to place the order, THEN call in, and ask for her.

NOT VIA CHAT

She told me I wasn't the first, and her team is doing everything they can to make this right, "it's the season of giving after all". Love this woman!
Dec 20, 2017
1 posts
Any body who got the price honored has a Case No associated with the purchase to refer?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mediman91 wrote: I suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself.

She's the manager there, and is aware of the issue, and is making exceptions. She is aware.

NOT VIA CHAT

She told me I wasn't the first, and her team is doing everything they can to make this right, "it's the season of giving after all". Love this woman!
When reading this, her boss is going to "love" her alright...
Nov 22, 2012
755 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
Very little chance MS can honor this deal.
There will be no words confirming the $900 saving in the order. By ordering, you agree to pay $1,299 for the laptop. Simple story.
NA
Banned
Jun 5, 2011
17 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered and called in. Went up 3 levels. He is not budging. He admits the is an issue and it is being worked on. He says a member of the escalation team will get back to me in 24 hours.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3686 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
I don't see where price error is.
Don't kid yourself, you are trying to convince them to think there is a price error.

Save $900 instantly

Bundle this PC with Dell Windows Mixed Reality Headset with Motion Controllers.

Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
This is not a price error, as I said at the beginning of the thread. It's false saying it is. There's an error with the bundle, yes okay.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1727 posts
685 upvotes
7th gen is on clearout as 8th gen in and 9th gen on horizon so not a price error if $12xx.00 still too much for most of us on rfd and still basic gaming on laptops compared to xbox one x or ps4 pro :)
Apr 25, 2016
240 posts
329 upvotes
taxland
Tried and nothing.....escalated to manager but she would not budge. She admitted its misleading but not an error. I gave up after 1 hr on call and chat.
Oct 5, 2005
635 posts
212 upvotes
mediman91 wrote: I suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself.

NOT VIA CHAT

oh yeah? well i suggest you keep your suggestion about my suggestion to yourself. also, how long have you had mind reading abilities? because you seem to know so well exactly what she's thinking.

i'm still scratching my head.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 21st, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed rude remark towards another member
yo!
Oct 5, 2005
635 posts
212 upvotes
daputopia wrote: I bought one. I'm on theine now trying to get the price corrected. Not budging so far. Will post result.

As to the topic of whether I should be pursuing a price error because it may get the person who made the error fired, I have the following opinion. If the person gets fired then the Corp will realize they need to either pay more to get a higher caliber employee, divide workload among more employees, which results in benefit to the lower level employees.

P.S. if price errors and deals offend you so much you are probably on the wrong web site
in that case, got another hot deal for you: i saw a couple babies with candy at the mall. if you hop on the bus now, you'll still have a chance at snatching it out of their greedy little hands.
yo!
Sep 26, 2015
35 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Lol you guys crack me with your ethics discussion on a deal website.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)