• Jun 23rd, 2019 11:30 am
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2929 posts
676 upvotes
Ajax
Melkor wrote:
May 31st, 2019 10:24 am
This. My son and I were really looking forward to it, only to be incredibly disappointed. I even preordered the Sea of Thieves controller.
Lol so did we with the controller. Kept the controller and dumped the game on Kijiji within 48 hours and got the money back as had preordered at $39.99 or something like that.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4326 posts
2225 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
mrtvgame wrote:
May 31st, 2019 10:59 am
Lol so did we with the controller. Kept the controller and dumped the game on Kijiji within 48 hours and got the money back as had preordered at $39.99 or something like that.
Well, at least the controller is valuable! I would love to trade it for the red Gears of War controller. I think I traded mine in at EB Games on launch day lol

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... 5573.m1684
Jan 22, 2017
254 posts
1012 upvotes
9394 wrote:
May 30th, 2019 10:33 am
https://www.trueachievements.com/n32997 ... conference

Update: One of the free games included in the Mixpot has been confirmed to be a pre-order for the upcoming ID@Xbox open-world mystery Outer Wilds. The tweet also says quantities of Mixpots are "limited."

In addition, it has been clarified by Mixer that there are two different Mixpots, one for watching the Xbox E3 Conference on June 10th at 1 p.m. PDT and another for watching Inside Xbox on June 11th at 3 p.m. PDT. Be sure to catch both if you'd like to try and receive all the content available.
The mixpot is always nice.
Wasn't the Outer Wilds already given away in some mixpot in 2018 though? I seem to remember seeing it in my Xbox games pre-ordered and I sure as hell didn't pay for it!
Jan 11, 2002
865 posts
295 upvotes
Midland
CrazyCatMan wrote:
May 31st, 2019 12:40 pm
The mixpot is always nice.
Wasn't the Outer Wilds already given away in some mixpot in 2018 though? I seem to remember seeing it in my Xbox games pre-ordered and I sure as hell didn't pay for it!
Pretty sure it was in the e3 2018 mixpot.

Does anyone remember when we got Rare Replay as a gift for watching E3 2017? Crossing my fingers they will release some achievement packed game!!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5666 posts
3130 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 3:24 pm
It's a 4vs4 team fighting game? That's...weird. Oh well at least they're trying something new for the studio.
I heard it was NT's B team that was making it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6780 posts
2939 upvotes
Toronto
Looking forward to hearing and seeing more about Halo on Steam. What they've showed already looks promising and if they're serious about the mod support and handle these releases right I think they have the potential to reach CSGO and PUBG levels of popularity
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7386 posts
2091 upvotes
XBox conference starting at 4pm ET:

Official stream:

Microsoft:
Join us at the E3 Briefing for:
Eyes World premieres
Video Game New game reveals
Party Popper Big surprises
Person Raising Both Hands In Celebration And MORE!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4326 posts
2225 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk? No way!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7386 posts
2091 upvotes
Melkor wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 4:25 pm
Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk? No way!
Keanu Reeves (John Wick) in Cyberbunk 2049. That is unexpected
Double Fine joins XBox Game Studios.

Would have been more interesting if he was the main character and not an NPC.

MS saving the new console announcement for the last hour.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 10th, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7386 posts
2091 upvotes
XBox Scarlet = Holiday 2020, will launch with Halo Infinite.
Spencer says it is 4 times more powerful than XBox One X. No price point given yet.

XBox XCloud streaming service coming this October.

- Keanu Reeves is an NPC in Cyberpunk 2077 (out in 4-16-2020)
- Double Fine joins XBox Games Studios for game exclusivity
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2234 posts
296 upvotes
Double Fine joining Microsoft Game Studios is a surprise. They're really doubling down on fixing their exclusive problems.

Tales of Arise is my jam. God I hope it goes better than the last time they tried to jump the franchise forward with Xillia. Xillia was like watching paint dry.

Cyberpunk in April next year is sooner than I expected. Totally indifferent to Keanu.

PSO2 is years late getting a western release. It's ridiculous that Sega sat on it for so **** long. I'm tempted to just stick with Ephinea out of spite.

I'm leaning more and more toward not upgrading my PC again and going console only, so both Scarlet and Xcloud have piqued my interest.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3688 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
What was Phil Spencer's shirt yesterday? It looked like some sort of stylized brain, but I don't know the reference...
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5139 posts
854 upvotes
calgary
That was fairly underwhelming TBH. They really did a disservice to Gears and to a lesser extent Halo by not showing any gameplay of the new campaign modes. I can forgive Halo, its basically a year and half out but Gears is out in 3 months and they've apparently brought a radically new approach to the Campaign. The Scarlett reveal was just a carbon copy of the Project Scorpio reveal with a bunch of generic buzzwords that Sony had already glossed over with their PS5 spec article.

The best takeaway was all the great stuff coming to gamepass. I had been on and off since it was announced basically taking advantage of it when they had good deals but it really had cemented its value for me in the past few months (I've subscribed since Crackdown released and have played a ton of cool games on it since then)
I'm pretty excited that I was able to get almost 3 years of the ultimate edition for basically a dollar.

Also it was a bit of a footnote announcement but the fact that you'll be able to stream your content on your xbox to any device at some point for not cost has me kind of excited for the future of x-cloud.

I mean it was okay but there was a lot of chatter beforehand about MS bring its A-game here but this totally felt like a transition year type E3 conference, just a bunch of sizzle reel game/gameplay videos of already announced games, in an effort not to shown their hand too early for next-gen.

M1GOmigs wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 10:26 am
What was Phil Spencer's shirt yesterday? It looked like some sort of stylized brain, but I don't know the reference...
It was the double fine logo
Last edited by SpicYMchaggis on Jun 10th, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.