Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3186 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 8:54 am
https://news.xbox.com/2017/02/27/middle ... ouncement/

Free Scorpio version if you buy digitally.
Hmmm... is this the first indication then that there will be separate SKUs for Scorpio games vs XBox One? Initially, my thought was that it would work like PS4 Pro, where it's just a different version of the same game, just with higher res textures, higher frame rate, etc...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4403 posts
1906 upvotes
Mississauga
Shadow of Mordor was the second game I played on my PS4 after AC Unity. I personally loved it. But I also love Assassin's Creed / Arkham series so this was my cup of tea. Did it get repetitive? Sure....but it was pretty fun.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4403 posts
1906 upvotes
Mississauga
Gold Edition up on the PSN Store for $130.00 CAD. I get season passes are the norm but a $50 season pass? Did WB learn nothing with the pathetic Arkham Knight DLC package?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5276 posts
1722 upvotes
Toronto
16 minute gameplay reveal. Only had time to skim a bit but it looks pretty cool

Nov 1, 2005
956 posts
85 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 9:14 am
Hmmm... is this the first indication then that there will be separate SKUs for Scorpio games vs XBox One? Initially, my thought was that it would work like PS4 Pro, where it's just a different version of the same game, just with higher res textures, higher frame rate, etc...
No sperate SKU. Phil Spencer already commented that this just means work was done to optimize for Scorpio.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3186 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
JuGGERNAUT wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 3:45 pm
No sperate SKU. Phil Spencer already commented that this just means work was done to optimize for Scorpio.
Ah ok, their write-up was a bit awkward, but I assume it's written that way to squeeze in a mention of Project Scorpio in there alongside "no additional cost"
As an Xbox Play Anywhere title, if you purchase a digital version of Middle-earth: Shadow of War on either the Xbox Store or Windows Store, you will automatically have access to the game on both Xbox One and Windows 10 at launch – and for Project Scorpio at its launch this holiday season – at no additional cost.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4899 posts
1734 upvotes
Looks like MS is a marketing partner for this title.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2086 posts
340 upvotes
Montreal
Just notice the collector edition of this game cost nearly as much as the console itself....
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4403 posts
1906 upvotes
Mississauga
tarushin wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 8:28 pm
Just notice the collector edition of this game cost nearly as much as the console itself....
I never got how "collector's box" was actually worth anything. AND it doesn't even include the season pass.

It's WB, what can you expect? My only positive Collector's Edition from them was Arkham Knight.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1561 posts
682 upvotes
Hamilton
Shadow of War coming out in a week. If anyone was interested Bundlestars has it for 25% off pre-order right now, $60.

Loved the original, looking forward to this.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5276 posts
1722 upvotes
Toronto
I had fun with the original as well but the previews haven't got me excited enough to spend $60 for this at launch, especially when it's almost certainly going to be half off in a couple months just like every other WB Game.
Sep 27, 2009
458 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Amazon delivered today..noy sure if my nemesis forge thing worked from shadow of mordor..still sorta sucks to have a stock talion compared to my maxed out one
Been playing the mobile version as well so a lot of characters have been introduced
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3691 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
tarushin wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 8:28 pm
Seems like it' sold out too lol
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1561 posts
682 upvotes
Hamilton
Played about an hour yesterday. Really fun so far. Feels more like an RPG rather than a hack and slash. They've definitely made it waaaay bigger than the original, so i'm looking forward to exploring and getting more OP.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5939 posts
776 upvotes
Grimsby
What is all of the lootbox stuff I've heard about this? Unimportant, annoying, just silly, etc? I haven't really kept up on it but people on reddit are really pissed.

I'm confused why the game would have them at all, its a singleplayer game that you pay full price for still, right? Or did they add some weird F2P stuff?